IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Not my day for it, and NO images this time, don't feel I have the will to bother anymore.

I got 2 SNES Classic Edition controllers OEM for $5/ea, both needed a little cleaning but they're 100% now and work perfect.  Also got a cheap copy of RR64 and DK Jungle Beat with a clean disc in that complete box too, between those 2 was $20.  I can't complain.

I can complain, my 20 year old original day one Gamecube is in the trash now, it has been slowly slipping into alzheimers for the last year or so now forgetting how to read discs, spin things, get testy about going beyond the menu.  Now I have no Cube, need a new purple one with a digital port...sigh.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Not my day for it, and NO images this time, don't feel I have the will to bother anymore.

I got 2 SNES Classic Edition controllers OEM for $5/ea, both needed a little cleaning but they're 100% now and work perfect.  Also got a cheap copy of RR64 and DK Jungle Beat with a clean disc in that complete box too, between those 2 was $20.  I can't complain.

I can complain, my 20 year old original day one Gamecube is in the trash now, it has been slowly slipping into alzheimers for the last year or so now forgetting how to read discs, spin things, get testy about going beyond the menu.  Now I have no Cube, need a new purple one with a digital port...sigh.

Woaaah woahh hold on please tell me you didn't throw it away for real!! You could have thrown an ODE in there and ran things from sd card or at the very least offered it for sale here!!

Nice on the classic controllers though.

Edited by drxandy

1 minute ago, drxandy said:

Woaaah woahh hold on please tell me you didn't throw it away for real!! You could have thrown an ODE in there and ran things from sd card or at the very least offered it in the free section here!!

Yup I know I could have, and yes I tossed it.  I beat the hell out of it with a few throws then took the thing to the trash out back.  I only want to run legit games, not another SD card solution.  I don't have time to play flash kit games, rather use the limited library I have, and it won't do it anymore.  I popped off the 3 covers from the bottom just in case I come across a nice one it lacks and that's it.  Right now I could fish it out, someone probably could use the internal boards of controller ports, fans at best.

It's fine, the can out back is mostly empty anyway (trash day is friday) if someone needed it that badly but no guarantees.

Right now I need to figure out how much to pay on a purple cube and not to pay too much.  Ebay is flaky.  I've seen prices where a stock unit matched and even outsold next to it one with a xeno mod inside which is really confusing.  Thinking I may pay up for a refurb with fine tuned pots and a fresh laser so I don't have a repeat.

10 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

It's fine, the can out back is mostly empty anyway (trash day is friday) if someone needed it that badly but no guarantees.

Right now I need to figure out how much to pay on a purple cube and not to pay too much.  Ebay is flaky.  I've seen prices where a stock unit matched and even outsold next to it one with a xeno mod inside which is really confusing.  Thinking I may pay up for a refurb with fine tuned pots and a fresh laser so I don't have a repeat.

Gamecube is really popular right now, best of  luck with your hunt. It's a bummer because precovid there were loads of cool cheap jpn special edition consoles on the cheap, but now not so cheap. What can ya do, oof. At least purple doesn't demand a premium or anything.

1 hour ago, drxandy said:

Gamecube is really popular right now, best of  luck with your hunt. It's a bummer because precovid there were loads of cool cheap jpn special edition consoles on the cheap, but now not so cheap. What can ya do, oof. At least purple doesn't demand a premium or anything.

Yeah that's about it.  I'm seeing weird values and it's hard to figure out.  At worst I could drop $80 or so shipped on one with fine tuned pots, total strip and cleaning, with a new laser installed.  Low end looks like gambling on $40 shipped or so on a tested working beater(or not beaten) you don't know how many miles or drops it has on it, just that it turned on and read some disc.

@CorndogSTEVE99That sealed?  I'll warn you right now, the box is the most entertaining thing about that game, and the most problem free too. 🙂

Back when I was in the online gaming media I did handheld only, and I got this game from the publisher.  On the surface it's nice, but it's not that fun, very dry and repetitive in a bad way for that style of game.  Worst of all, the last battle has a bug that pops up more than it should, game breaking, you can't actually finish the boss fight and get the ending as it fouls up. 🙂  It got a fair, but in the end over that, scathing review (at the tail end of the review) for allowing it to ship like that.

• Sad 1

On 6/23/2021 at 8:09 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

I jumped on the Paper Mario and Pikmin 3 for $30 at Target on father's day. I also bought a bunch of Pokemon figures that included the ones that were for Heart Gold and Soul Silver. 

1920090295_IMG_20210621_1614422.jpg.47e28bab0fe68b640284a671de892f6f.jpg

I also snagged Pikmin 3 from Target, but they accidentally sent me a copy of Luigi's Mansion 3. I already had Luigi so I tried to get a refund/exchange, but they told me to just keep it AND still sent me a replacement copy of Pikmin 3. WTF Target? I suddenly love you.

On 6/27/2021 at 1:29 AM, Renmauzo said:

i picked up a few things from EB Games yesterday, like Scarlet Nexus and FFVII Remake Intergrade. I asked about the steelbook, and lo and behold, they had 1 left behind the counter! What surprised me was the free (new) copy of Ghost Recon Breakpoint which seemed like a pretty random promo item o_0? Well, I really enjoyed the Ghost Recon games on original XBOX when they came out, so I'll give it a go.

GPj93NqsSbCUjsNqWDjerA.jpg.5f491de1c8afeb0253d12f73b345d581.jpg

Woot woot! Congrats on snagging the steelbook. Please let us know what you think of Scarlet Nexus if you end up playing it any time soon.

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

A consolidated box from the US showed up today with some games I've been eagerly anticipating, starting with some LRG and Special Reserve release I had shipped to the box to save on postage. I'm honestly not sure about the Mighty Gunvolt stuff, but I bought these because I like Gunvolt and it's Mega Man-adjacent. Crossing Souls, however, was great for the time I had put into it and I'm looking forward to playing it again and seeing it through to the end this time.

8wCPmoKHSYy5QXmkaiNHOQ.jpg.661cd963568d6fd9f8d9aa638c54d64f.jpg

Recently, I had gotten Mercenary Force, but while looking for a copy of Heiankyo Alien, I came across someone selling both games fully complete at a bundle price I couldn't pass on, figuring I'll just sell my other MF. I was hoping to get Heiankyo Alien before the end of June so that I could submit something for the Yokoi Kids GameBoy club (this game is the game for June); it's pretty flawed, but not without its charm.

u5-j_pH5SMyijyA6eDAFkA.jpg.26a029765249fa6b81dfcd89111aa01a.jpg

And finally, my Xenogears journey is complete! Unless I come across a proto or something, the Elly version of the Millenium Collection was the last variant I needed. Xenogears is such a special game to me, I finally put my focus on tracking the MC versions down, and I was able to source out this copy for far less than I had prepared myself to pay. I can't wait to carve out some time to go through the game again this year!

62rDBGb0SIejDpevd8jlGA.thumb.jpg.b0a7d6a91ed69b4b0ea816da19338dae.jpg

Thanks for looking, and best of luck to all of you on the hunt.

Edited by Renmauzo
Confused Special Reserve w/Signature Games
  • Like 9

So time got away from us headed to McAlisters to get some nice food for dinner to bring back, they're weird on their carry out timing so I drove most the way stopping at the half price parking lot to order.  I had a few minutes, and lo and behold, bottom shelf I see a pink nugget of surprise there in the DS space.

Kirby's Canvas Curse, like new shape, $30.  I thought it was a break even point, it would have been pre-stupid times, but wow when did this screwed up game hit $50?!  I've got it on my desk for now, going to have to give it a try again and see if I feel better about it after all these years.  Sorry no pics.

BUT...unlike the bad luck I've had out of Taiwan 2/2 for customs sitting on stuff for like 3-4 weeks, 1wk ago I ordered these gems from Greece and they just arrived.  I got more GameKing games, these were brand new in the packaging I got for $10 each.  The games on these are like gameplay clones of popular NES/Arcade stuff more or less.  Both of them has like Tiger Heli, Rush'n Attack, Contra, Darkwing Duck, and more.

Check out these inspirational game name lists 😄
Vol 9 = Duck man, cyclone action, happy killer, ares
Vol 10 = Seafight, Seatercel, General, Soldier

GameKing4in1-9and10.jpg

• Like 8

kirby64japan.jpg.f0cad9f02f1ec630df11b7a9fe01fe58.jpg

Bought the Japanese version of Kirby 64, complete with box, manual, and inserts. Box is a little rough on the edges, but everything else is clean and in good shape.

japkirbysstarstacker.jpg.a693a688587ef31d7eec6e8205ab1265.jpg

japkirbysstarstackerscreen.jpg.631cedbb82e2f2d1f486213657e38bd3.jpg

Also bought a Japanese copy of Kirby's Star Stacker. No box or manual, but it works well. I now have every Kirby game released for the original Game Boy.

jappokemoncandy.jpg.8e596a6ed2405d102c3a2592dc361c40.jpg

Bought some Japanese Pokémon Candy as well.

• Like 9

I wish I hadn’t missed the boat on Virtual Boy. Feels like it’s always been expensive but like everything else in the hobby it has only gotten worse.

I have to have it someday (or at least the core games) as I’m a Gunpei Yokoi nerd but damn

• Like 2

RPG -- Hamburgers?  I really don't recognize whatever that one is on Virtual Boy, now you're making me dig.

Strange: Actually up until a few years ago, almost all of it really wasn't.  The worse (loose) VB game for the US line was like $300 or under for Jack Bros up to like mid 2019.  It only got disgusting in later 2019 and the virus abuse racket magnified it a lot.  VB never was that bad, if you stayed out of the Japanese unique ones, then it's pain at a 4 figures level easy.

• Like 2

So I've wanted a pinball machine for a very long time. I bought  a goldball and every 3 completed games It would brick the machine and I'd have to read the manual? Internet, and crazy ideas to fix it. Ended up selling it very sad day. 

Anyways i wanted to give it another shot so I sold some stuff and got one that makes goldball look very boring. So..childhood dream accomplished! 

20210703_004803.jpg

• Like 12