IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

4 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

It's basically a floor I guess but I think it's something like 900 square feet. It's a bit tighter in terms of space than it was the last time I posted pictures simply because I took on a major project to move all the systems I had in my living room into this spot there (which captured everything from Wii/360/ps3 up to Switch/PS4/Xbox One) which resulted in storing most of the 'filler' and basically using up any possible space that was left. It took like 3 months of off and on moving just to get that done but it's coming along pretty well finally. For about 3 months I couldn't actually move down there recently without nearly breaking something, but at least now there are decent sized pathways once again lol.

It comes to a point where you sometimes preferred the more streamlined look but also are happy you were able to do more with the space, so it's reaching that point of going much further would really push it passed being aesthetically pleasing and just being messy instead, so I guess I have to stop on that front and all I'll have left is the task of finishing the game collecting aspect, which I could die before doing but you gotta have goals.

Thats impressive. You can always store the filler/sports and display the solid stuff, I assume you have decent storage too if you have 900 sq ft for a game room!

• Love 1

20 hours ago, JVOSS said:

the newest game for the MEGA WORLD COLLECTION.  As of 7-13-2021 it's the second one to be seen.  the other owner is the EPIC collector @NeXmetal

i have to clean and re-photo but here it is in the pre-cleanup...

151517798_yellowtetris.thumb.jpg.79c25dde94fe9122f95fd0e0c3b28b01.jpg

I know a collector who has it complete with its Gameboy system. The only way it was sold. Also has the Kirbys Dream Land 2 yellow and Battle Arena Yellow

• Like 1

@JVOSS Ooook, so this brings up a fresh question from an anomaly someone posted a long time ago.  Specifically, they had a black Killer Instinct GB cart and we all said "has to be a case swap".

Well, didn't you, or someone, mention that some of the Playtronic/Brazillian release games had US labels, but a Playtronic sticker on the back?  Maybe that's what the KI cart was and it was legitimate.

I'm completely speculating but that's about the only way I could think of that cart being legitimate.

@RpgCollector What are your thoughts on that hypothesis too?

19 minutes ago, RpgCollector said:

I know a collector who has it complete with its Gameboy system. The only way it was sold. Also has the Kirbys Dream Land 2 yellow and Battle Arena Yellow

lol like this....  notice how the Donkey land and donkey land 2 are gray.  🙂20210701_123807.jpg.9a2a93618a51dcb513c2c68fe38c9af6.jpg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, RH said:

@JVOSS Ooook, so this brings up a fresh question from an anomaly someone posted a long time ago.  Specifically, they had a black Killer Instinct GB cart and we all said "has to be a case swap".

Well, didn't you, or someone, mention that some of the Playtronic/Brazillian release games had US labels, but a Playtronic sticker on the back?  Maybe that's what the KI cart was and it was legitimate.

I'm completely speculating but that's about the only way I could think of that cart being legitimate.

@RpgCollector What are your thoughts on that hypothesis too?

I now list these in my collection as NFR's the AKLP-FAH has a barcode chip under label i also just received a Donkey Kong Land ie DMG-YT-FAH that has the same barcode chip ( i have not photoed it yet)  as for the US label in Brazil its possible but in the research shows that only 20 titles have a Playtronics label before NOA started to send completed games to Brazil and Playtronces just applied the S/N to outside and manual to give the illusion of assembled in Brazil..
443114342_promosetki7-1-2021.jpg.8085a3dbc26feefebc0c4205bb0b6d19.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JVOSS said:

the newest game for the MEGA WORLD COLLECTION.  As of 7-13-2021 it's the second one to be seen.  the other owner is the EPIC collector @NeXmetal

i have to clean and re-photo but here it is in the pre-cleanup...

151517798_yellowtetris.thumb.jpg.79c25dde94fe9122f95fd0e0c3b28b01.jpg

Forgive my ignorance but what are these yellow carts? Is there somewhere I can read up on these?

5 minutes ago, Strange said:

Forgive my ignorance but what are these yellow carts? Is there somewhere I can read up on these?

the yellow carts are from Brazil market.  they were some suspect to be awards from contest (this is unconfirmed.)  Nintendo of Brazil is no longer around and  NOA is not answering any question about the Brazillian market so the data is hard to get.  

a few reporter from the brazillian game seen has reported that there are 20 titles in the original launch in 1993 again unconfirmed.

if you wan to know more PM me i don't want to hijack the topic here.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

I now list these in my collection as NFR's the AKLP-FAH has a barcode chip under label i also just received a Donkey Kong Land ie DMG-YT-FAH that has the same barcode chip ( i have not photoed it yet)  as for the US label in Brazil its possible but in the research shows that only 20 titles have a Playtronics label before NOA started to send completed games to Brazil and Playtronces just applied the S/N to outside and manual to give the illusion of assembled in Brazil..

more tidbit here for KI  the KI was released in i think 95 Platronic was sold in 96 there it is possible see that Brazil had 6 games that had the wrong color cases.  and in the EU market they have 1 that has the wrong case color (or different then US market).  looks like i ll need to expand Brazil Gameboy real? to explain this more.   @RH🤔

here is a little more info about the Brazil gameboy market.

Edited by JVOSS
  • Thanks 2

Went back to my local game store and bought more imports and candy:

japsupersmashbroscartridge.jpg.7b806ca0209b9f6ffaba4e29ce92418b.jpg

japsupersmashbrosn64.jpg.327da27813a26d915fed0883ba10fce2.jpg

I bought a Japanese copy of Super Smash Bros. I've bought a ton of imports from this store in the last two or three months (and already had some before I started visiting), and the owner recognizes me every time I visit. So I told him that I don't have an N64 GameShark and haven't been able to play my Japanese N64 games. Because I've bought so many games (and other items) at his store, he decided to give me a bit for free. Now I can finally play my Japanese N64 games (some of which I've had for several years) just by removing the back of the cartridges...which isn't something I'd normally do (which is why I didn't buy a bit before, even though they're cheap), but it is a decent alternative until I can get my hands on an N64 GameShark.

Fun fact: the Japanese version of Super Smash Bros. has more realistic punching and kicking sound effects, similar to Melee.

jappokemonred.jpg.07eca8881b5cf1cee3a8178a2204f188.jpg

jappokemonredscreen.jpg.b955721bf37467dc279f005429892764.jpg

It's been 25 years since Pokémon Red was released in Japan, so I thought it was a good time to buy this. This isn't just the original Pokémon game. It's the original original.

airheadsblueraspberry.jpg.cc154452a4131754cbcc3531ba81e912.jpg

I bought some Airheads again. I know it's not video game related, but my local game store sells them. This time I got the Blue Raspberry flavor (which is my favorite).

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 7

Here are a few things I got from Mandarake over the past few weeks. As I have said before my Dragon Quest game collection is complete, and as we speak I have no clue if I should try to seek out a new series to collect. 😅

DQ6PB.jpg.e17223d3f5fc0156b9ae15c1d54659d9.jpg

Both shitajiki (pencil boards) are the same. They are also the oldest item in my collection! My hopes is to have them way, with the bonus being the fact it also includes the original price for the game (11,400 JPY).

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Got Smuggler's Run for PS2 at an Antique Store:

smugglersrunps2.jpg.6da17b9703a7e0b327a5e10c6b2037b7.jpg

smugglersrunps2disc.jpg.fa630aff32dbbaf1d00333ba845ac044.jpg

smugglersrunps2screen.jpg.aa0a8bad20198345d06473e3a81d9040.jpg

The price tag says $15, but it was 25% off since the Antique store I went to was having a closing sale. I also have Smuggler's Run: Warzones for GameCube (which is an enhanced port of Smuggler's Run 2), so now I have both Smuggler's Run games.

japsupermario64screen.jpg.34cfa0c3bbc6686d174301c8089c5ca0.jpg

japmariopartyscreen.jpg.9805d3907a2878558a1bc517b5631bbb.jpg

japkirby64screen.jpg.2b743eac39e955ba1b30f3706299308b.jpg

These Japanese N64 games aren't new additions to my collection (though Mario Party and Kirby 64 are fairly recent purchases). I mentioned in my previous post that the owner of my local game store gave me a bit for free, so (as with Super Smash Bros. shown in my previous post) I took off the back of the cartridges and can now confirm that these games do work.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 8

Not bad...this whole later part of the evening I've been busy testing/cleaning things...got a find, but too much to do, needs an image and it's too late and I'm too worn out to care. 😉  Got a nice tub of interesting but not valuable stuff but at the price, more than happy.  Before that though, couple nice little average priced retail finds so all good.

• Like 1