IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

3 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

Decided to jump into the Jaguar CD and do a bit more purchasing on this system in general. Here is some of the stuff I picked up recently. 

20230106_180826.jpg

I own a handful of Jaguar CD games but I’ve never even touched an actual Jaguar CD. Definitely on my radar though. I’d be interested in your thoughts 🙂 

8 hours ago, DOOM TUSK said:

I own a handful of Jaguar CD games but I’ve never even touched an actual Jaguar CD. Definitely on my radar though. I’d be interested in your thoughts 🙂 

Might be a bit since my unit is defective, still working on trying to find a reputable long term fix, but I'd be happy to post impressions someday since it's not something people talk about ever, heh. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Couple new things.... 

For the MM7 & SMS I went in with a "budget" of $300, but I got high as balls before going in and buddy wasn't cutting me much of a deal so I just added shit on trying to "save more", haha. Whatever, when I saw the SMS I wanted to go for it.... and the TGFX were box upgrades/trades. Spent $700, but the "retail" they had on it was $820 plus tax... 🤷‍♂️ Originally left with Legendary Axe for Turbo and R-Type for SMS, but went back and traded them for Double Dragon & Shredder. Dude at the store is cool about that shit, so that's a win. 

Pretty sure I can get the shit off the MM7 label. Bit torn otherwise... Super stoked to get the Turbo boxes, extra controller for my Turbo, TMNT figures with costumes, and basically a complete SMS system (for me, haha). 😎👍

image.jpeg.ff666a401b98df891fd5d934c0a0aad2.jpeg

image.jpeg.0f5347bdc719caad4b00135b3be30c46.jpeg

image.jpeg.8aa19f3bf7170991392afb2f837167b3.jpeg

This one's for you @Gloves Hahaha..... Damn, looking forward to breaking out the NES Advantage for Dino Riki 🤣 I feel like such a rookie noob loser for not having any idea this game was a Hudson Soft overhead shooter. 🙈 Three things that are dear to my heart. 

Also, this is the only Nintendo Power I own and reading through it was a fucking trip. It was an incredible experience. 🥰

image.jpeg

Edited by AirVillain
  • Like 11
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

@Code Monkey You're in for a real treat with F-15 Strike Eagle.  I got it maybe 6mo ago at game exchange with the manual (Which is a really neat manual too, unique) and it plays amazing.  I didn't think a NES flight combat title would amount to much beyond what TopGun1+2 or Afterburner pulled off, but it's solid.

And now for my post, anime bomb!

I had a quality anime find today all these were $110, Nadeisco was at one store, all the others together near by. It would have been more, had a 25% discount for the bundle. Been on the lookout for IRIA and Gundam too, GSC I avoided for months at $50 but that cut did it. 😃 Good times to be had and lots of variety.

Off-camera I have Power DoLLS coming in the mail in a couple days, and blu ray of The Woman Called Fujiko Mine which I got off right stuf anime for like 70% off pre-christmas I forgot to include.

1-8-23anime.jpg

• Like 7

On 12/31/2022 at 8:08 PM, MiamiSlice said:

One last post for 2022! I have not been diligent lately about taking pictures of my pickups so there are some Switch games and My Nintendo rewards not represented here, but here's my latest pickups anyway: 

PF7tbjB.jpg

Been taking advantage of sales to pick up Switch games, here's two that I picked up at nice prices, already beat Horgihugh, not a bad game. 

Of2cLHo.jpg

Got these ancient "consoles" for $20, that's two Merlins, one is CIB but the box is trashed. 

IsNx9LM.jpg

Convinced my mom to get me this for Hanukkah when it was on sale for $299. Love it. I wish I had the Outrun upright as well, but I'm having lots of fun with this one. 

9Z69FPY.jpg

Treated myself to this also at $299 with the stool and tin sign included. The stool is too tall, I'm not happy about that, and I have no use for the tin sign, might try to sell those locally unless my kids really want me to keep the stool. The game is great, my kids are OBSESSED with it, they've already made me play it through with them (all the way to the end!) 3 times. They haven't even tried bowling yet. Also, 

WENMcXX.jpg

Thanks to some resourceful Internet netizens, I was able to install TMNT & Turtles in Time and configure the frontend to let me launch either set of games on startup. Not a bad setup!

q4qLYUh.jpg

Got this Club Penguin book at Goodwill for $0.99, it looks like NOS, the stickers are still intact, and they had a whole stack of them, but I only bought 1. 

tacmOyr.jpg

In the continued spirit of treating myself I bought these two cases for my case collection, these are ones I never managed to find in the wild, figured I may as well just buy them while they are still available from Walmart dot com 3rd party sellers. 

6cN2ag8.jpg

Lastly, managed to pick up the 4 My Nintendo rewards that dropped this month, here's the Earthbound ones. 

Happy New Year!

I'd die for that stool, lemme know if you plan on selling it

• Wow! 1

New pickups: 

htMYQei.jpg

Finally tracked down a complete copy of Final Fantasy Tactics A2, along with some other games I like to have. FF A2 is one of those games that is somehow very difficult to find in decent shape. It's probably the #1 game in the DS library that I always find dirty or damaged. This copy, too, is dirty but not as bad as most of the others I've seen.

9iyz2vj.jpg

A bunch of limited print Switch games arrived that I kinda regret ordering after all this time. I think Rain on Your Parade is the only one I'm really excited about. Also I got embr on sale and finally found Space Bust a Move at a great price. 

0HIgMNm.jpg

Got a nice deal on the SF2 Turbo guide and another issue of NF magazine arrived. 

ID911d3.jpg

Lastly, got a nice deal on the two Pokemon books and finally found the elusive pony stylus variant of Petz Pony Beauty Pageant!

• Like 10
  • Love 2

On 1/9/2023 at 11:04 AM, Quaze said:

Holy schnappin' arseholes Batman, that thing is gorgeous. Congrats on the score. Pay an arm and a leg or get a decent deal?

Super sweet deal considering how much I was going to fetch for one. Plus locally too so who knows how much saved on shipping. 🙂 I also got a Skyward Sword display, but have to put it together. Very challenging display to put together. Will share once I figure it out lol!

image.jpeg.2825542a94763c817cb7feeca063ce24.jpeg

image.jpeg.4fd60a07e8d63d993e662231e3942e9b.jpeg

image.jpeg.6981c14b65423540a6bdf91545fad9b3.jpeg

Got a Pac-Man Mini-Arcade. I saw this last year at an Antique store, but decided not to buy it. I found it again and went ahead and bought it since it was a mere $10. I took the battery cover off and put some new batteries in it. It works.

A few years ago, I got a Frogger game that I believe is part of the same series of Mini-Arcades.

image.jpeg.5458abd355526e51083d34641163d40d.jpeg

image.jpeg.4575ce0c6e54aa9490304fcaa06dada4.jpeg

Went to two McDonald's locations (both different than the three locations I went to last week) and bought two more Super Mario Bros. Movie toys.

image.jpeg.6f1d29c36c18f778d9c996af991f25a7.jpeg

I've had these NES Coasters for a while now, but thought I'd share a picture of them since they look kind of cool. The back of the box also shows black box Baseball and Ice Climber Coasters, but only these ones were included in the package I got.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

I got this one in the mail yesterday, arrived fast too from an ebay sale as I still look, just rarely go on it anymore.

It's a fun multicart, a unique one at that, from our friends at the wonderful world of Supervision, the 16in1 international version.  This is unique among these carts as it's not your usual 20-32k standard stuff.  These are larger 128kb games, UNROM titles so they do use a more complex basic pre-MMC style mapper.  Largely this is a Konami gem of a cart here and while most of it at face value are US releases, not all are.  On the list as Fire Bird is the great Hi no Tori, and in the last spot as Bom Mom Car is a really neat Irem title Gekitotsu Yonku Battle.

Everything else is stock standard good stuff other than 1944(hack of 43) and the Japanese release of Ghosts n Goblins.  It's a really nice pick up and play cart and I was surprised I got it just for $20.

https://bootleggames.fandom.com/wiki/Supervision_16-in-1

**Before someone says it, I got a small piece of black electrical tape and covered that window.

supervisionjapan16in1intl.jpg

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 1

3 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

My latest acquisition, and possibly the last one for the month.

When it comes to video game music my former go-to composer used to be Koichi Sugiyama. I say 'used to be' simply because both his sudden death, and the cause, caused me to have a harder time being part of any type of video game group. I still do feel that way thanks to the repeated patterns I see whenever I speak up, and so on.

It tends to feel like I am the werewolf that is accused of being the Imposter.

So moving onto this, I ordered this long before I ordered the Octopath Traveler TRPG book for another store. Both arrived at the same time, but the book had me realize that I should simply focus on a single franchise at this time. Simply meaning that it is put on my shelf as a display piece, while this gets stored away for the day I can finally move.

In all cases I am trying to build a side-focus collection when it comes to Final Fantasy I, II, and VII. Maybe XIV as well just because I had some fun playing that in the past.

MusicBox-1.jpg.079562ce3920e7d76bc9fdeab4e9db19.jpg

I just hope that, unlike my last attempt, this is an easy project for me. Especially since I plan to get more in the foreseeable future. 🤠

Did you get these too? 😄

Screenshot-from-2023-01-11-20-41-46.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

Did you get these too? 😄

Screenshot-from-2023-01-11-20-41-46.png

Sadly no. And not because I am not a fan of those series. Or the fact that I managed to order mine via AmiAmi.

It's because my luck would have me be the only person to buy a reproduction of those music boxes, only to find out they are cursed after I gave them to you guys as gifts. And I don't want to see some most any of you guys be forever marked with the PCE repro symbol, forever wondering what comes next. 🙈

I traded some stuff in at my local retro video game store for Perfect Dark and VF4. I got a discount because the label is torn on the back. Who cares as long as it works. I'm okay with a torn label. I had in store credit that I used to get the NES controller and the WWE DVD.

20230111_161609.jpg

20230111_230218.jpg

Edited by thrashncrash
  • Like 6