IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

So Christmas granted me a couple nice Switch games with Cruis'n Blast and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 which is nice.  Today I went and traded some stuff out, ended up snapping up Heiankyo Alien, Rush'n Attack, and something I had never seen before Ultimate Quake (3 CD Q1-3 compilation) at the half price and walked out with $9 too. 😄

Then realized lamestop was having a big cut down to $37 from $60 on Shin Megami Tensei 5 for Switch which I did want, so grabbed that too.  Like them or not, solid deal.  And as my week has been one steaming pissing draining waste with dealing with 2 back to back (not me) flu cases in this home and all the neediness with it I haven't been able to relax yet... now I'm too tired to mess with that even. 😕

At least from my last post I did put a bit of time trying out MM Zero from that DS collection the other night, that was pretty decent.  I remember hating it 20 years ago and it seems less bad largely from then or I haven't got that far yet, but so far so good.

• Like 1

Totally took a chance on a Hagane auction. Got it for $600 and there were no board pics in the listing. Turned out to be a good gamble! Other games from Super Bit which just moved to Annandale VA from Falls Church. Their new space is really nice if you live in the area. Also got crisp issues of NP vol 6, 7, 41, 50

image.jpg

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 8

Non gaming, well not directly...doesn't matter, so so happy I accidentally happened on this today.  I've known of the series since the 90s, and I'm sure some of you may recognize that Area 88 is the Japanese original name for the SNES/Arcade game UN Squadron.  This is the story that game is based directly upon.  One of very first manga to get a comic printing in the US in the mid-later 1980s by Viz/Eclipse which given something else I have (Golgo-13) and it's dating that seems to fit.

They did 1-42 of the issues, sadly never finished the entire story, but it does end in an alright way so you don't feel screwed or with half of what's going on.  Got this for $37, seems to sell for 70-80 online and some with shipping weight.  I hadn't had a time yet today to thumb through but this will be a fun ride to set time aside for wanting to see them for so so long.

Area88MangaComics1-21.jpg

Area88MangaComics21-42.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 1

It was a very busy Christmas for me, but I did get a few gaming gifts which I'm over the moon about.

From the moment I saw these Dr.Mario virus plushies, I knew I needed to get them. Luckily, my wife gifted them to me for Christmas!

P-JIN9GyS9yTxKqYRwSZRA.jpg.da8e3bef7e71236e9d8687dde8e65d7b.jpg

Not a gift, just a shipping error by Special Reserve Games that showed up out of the blue. I recently got the latest release of the game on Amazon, but this slip cover is beautiful. I'll try to get my Mom into the game and give it to her if she likes it (she recently got hooked on and took my copy of Death Squared, lol).

Quarth was a stocking stuffer from my wife. She got it fully complete with registration card (she knows me so well 😉) which I was really happy to get on my Game Boy journey. Really fun and quite cheap, a great combination in my books!

GfwgtbEITk60nvspQ8Bv_g.jpg.8f83f18c265e9fbde29ca25fe9ed3956.jpg

Last but certainly not least, Mario & Wario! I only discovered this was a thing recently when I saw an SNES Drunk video come across my feed and was super excited by the prospect of a new (to me) puzzle game, and on SFC no less! I asked for this for Christmas because I felt it would be all the more special, so I left it to fate. With it having been the 30th anniversary of the SNES and 29 Christmases since I got my SNES with Mario World and Mario Paint, I was really hoping to get that Christmas magic again with this,

I didn't think it was going to happen, but my last gift - and from my sister - was a treasure hunt. I went searching the house finding clues that ended up with a complete copy of the game. It's so much fun, and a new and wonderful Christmas memory!

EGB5LXXfRXO8S9lyZUNRfw.jpg.3035d350f3a8066df2daa1613df9572f.jpg

What a great way to end the gaming year for me. I hope everyone had wonderful holidays, and here's to what I hope will be a stellar 2022!

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

Lucky you there... Mario & Wario is pretty nice, but wow...nice plush, probably the best thing about that game at this rate. 😄  And my wife refuses to buy me games so unless my kid or family do I get nothing of the sort for Christmas or B'day which is a little depressing.

I've got to ask though, GRIS.  They had(have still?) it on sale for a dollar on the mobile stores(iOS for me) and grabbed it, it's interesting...but a bit confusing at times where to go and what to do even if it is linear as it has some strange puzzle elements to it.  Seems much the art piece.

54 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Grabbed the new Evercade VS. The Founders Edition comes in a black color, includes some knick-knacks, and is packaged with all the newest carts. As with most things I own, I haven't even hooked it up yet, but it feels like a solid piece of hardware. Nothin much else as of late.

Good on you, looks like fun.  DO we have a dedicated thread for this here I don't remember because atariage does and has from a period well before the handheld came up for sale.

I want that british base unit with just Namco as the 2600 blows, waste of money for me personally, so I still have yet to get it.  Be aware the Namco and Technos titles (non-arcade) will no longer be for sale in a matter of months if they can't get a license renewal, so buy now.

• Like 1

I'm not really sure it's worth announcement, other than the fact there's like 50/50 disinformation about it online as far as compatibility goes, but here we go.

It sells for $50 or more new depending who peddles it, but I got a gently/little used Hori Fighting Stick Mini (wired USB) yesterday for $20.  It's branded as an 8 face button joystick setup for Nintendo Switch so above it has the + - home, turbo etc buttons too.  I was trusting the dude to be good about it, thankfully he was honest.

It works BOTH on the PC and Switch, probably others too given that.  I popped it into the PC yesterday and fired up Metal Slug through my GoG version of it, and boom...100% worked, played amazing too, didn't feel too weird or off from playing my legit MVS cart.  I haven't used it on the Switch/TV yet but I was thinking for those Hamster/ACA releases I have like Super Dodgeball, Sky Climber, both Punch-Out games, VS Super Mario Bros, Mario Bros etc it would be excellent (likely is given MS1's response.)

I'd highly recommend it if you don't want to jump up to a full sized heavy thing with like sanwa parts or whatever.

31 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I'm not really sure it's worth announcement, other than the fact there's like 50/50 disinformation about it online as far as compatibility goes, but here we go.

It sells for $50 or more new depending who peddles it, but I got a gently/little used Hori Fighting Stick Mini (wired USB) yesterday for $20.  It's branded as an 8 face button joystick setup for Nintendo Switch so above it has the + - home, turbo etc buttons too.  I was trusting the dude to be good about it, thankfully he was honest.

It works BOTH on the PC and Switch, probably others too given that.  I popped it into the PC yesterday and fired up Metal Slug through my GoG version of it, and boom...100% worked, played amazing too, didn't feel too weird or off from playing my legit MVS cart.  I haven't used it on the Switch/TV yet but I was thinking for those Hamster/ACA releases I have like Super Dodgeball, Sky Climber, both Punch-Out games, VS Super Mario Bros, Mario Bros etc it would be excellent (likely is given MS1's response.)

I'd highly recommend it if you don't want to jump up to a full sized heavy thing with like sanwa parts or whatever.

I'd love to get one of these for $20! Might eventually have to bite the bullet at $50 though. Have plenty of games to play with it. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 1:45 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Grabbed the new Evercade VS. The Founders Edition comes in a black color, includes some knick-knacks, and is packaged with all the newest carts. As with most things I own, I haven't even hooked it up yet, but it feels like a solid piece of hardware. Nothin much else as of late.

EeIUXnl.jpg

Nice! How is it? The North American release should be next month 🙂

After primarily targeting Sega consoles and taking a 3 month break from collecting at the end of 2021, I've decided to focus on NES and SNES for 2022.  Check out these beauties I got off the Bay for $30 and $65 respectively (after taxes and shipping).  The back of the boxes are readable, and they'll look great on my shelf (2nd pic).

1449946253_IMG_13701.thumb.JPG.032cfd71ef616633dedb847e88197f4f.JPG1750435120_IMG_13711.thumb.JPG.a8683ee543c10037678f91eed010d4ed.JPG

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1

15 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Wow seems like a bit of a lucky break unless both North & South and Batman collapsed some to get that price, nice one.

It is the beautiful world of garbage condition CIB games...as soon as there is a crease or tear in a box bigger than a quarter inch, people can't get rid of their games fast enough.  TBH, I'm surprised I had to pay at all 😁

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Naked Warrior said:

It is the beautiful world of garbage condition CIB games...as soon as there is a crease or tear in a box bigger than a quarter inch, people can't get rid of their games fast enough.  TBH, I'm surprised I had to pay at all 😁

Good to know, maybe it's in a weird valley where buying a nice cart and manual with a crap (to them) box would degrade the value below a game+manual because of the added work involved and higher expense of getting a box somehow later.  Not a bad strategy if you don't care about a crease or a little thumb sized removal of art down to the fuzzy cardboardy inside layers of the box.