8 members have voted

1. 1. What do we wanna play?

• Jack Box with Rhap's Sister
    • Move or Die (Switch)
    • Sector's edge (Free fps on steam)
    • CodeNames (https://codenames.game/ )
    • Tetris 99

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/16/2022 at 03:32 AM

Events Helper · Posted
  • The topic was featured
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

So instead of games we haven't played yet or very much, the next game night is another Jack Box night. Goody.

Says the guy who never complains about yet another Mario Kart/Mario Party/Switch-Whatever-Has-Been-Played-to-Death night.  🤣

How about we start a policy where if a game that's been played before wins two game nights in a row, all previously played games are off the menu for primary play until something that's not been touched gets a chance?  That'd guarantee that actual new entries get selected and played, versus the same two groups of Switch and non-Switch games getting chosen over and over again on repeat.

Events Helper · Posted
4 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

So instead of games we haven't played yet or very much, the next game night is another Jack Box night. Goody.

this is for Rhapsody98s sister.  I will put all new games on the next one and no one will vote, wait and see 😆

12 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Says the guy who never complains about yet another Mario Kart/Mario Party/Switch-Whatever-Has-Been-Played-to-Death night.  🤣

How about we start a policy where if a game that's been played before wins two game nights in a row, all previously played games are off the menu for primary play until something that's not been touched gets a chance?  That'd guarantee that actual new entries get selected and played, versus the same two groups of Switch and non-Switch games getting chosen over and over again on repeat.

Except I didn't play Mario Kart as much (or even join right when everyone started playing it) the last few times we've played it, and have been wanting to play River City Melee Mach for a couple months now. Also, we've played Mario Party two times at the most.

Oh and I've played Power Bomberman several times and played Jack Box a few times early last year, so I haven't just been playing Switch games on game nights.

Edited by MegaMan52

1 minute ago, MegaMan52 said:

Except I didn't play Mario Kart as much (or even join right when everyone started playing it) the last few times we've played it, and have been wanting to play River City Melee Mach for a couple months now. Also, we've played Mario Party two times at the most.

Oh and I've played Power Bomberman several times, so I haven't just been playing Switch games on game nights.

Didn't say you did, just said you don't complain when stuff you do play gets chosen.  I'd love to see more stuff that I want to play and can actually participate in chosen, but alas, the same stuff keeps getting put up for selection as the primary choice, and winning, with no new rules/policies being put into place to try to force in some new blood.  Sadly, a lot of the time, a bunch of people will vote for those things then never show up to play, shutting out folks who may have played something else had it been chosen.  Maybe after something gets chosen 5-10x as the primary game, it becomes ineligible as a first/primary game for game night?

1 minute ago, darkchylde28 said:

Didn't say you did, just said you don't complain when stuff you do play gets chosen.  I'd love to see more stuff that I want to play and can actually participate in chosen, but alas, the same stuff keeps getting put up for selection as the primary choice, and winning, with no new rules/policies being put into place to try to force in some new blood.  Sadly, a lot of the time, a bunch of people will vote for those things then never show up to play, shutting out folks who may have played something else had it been chosen.  Maybe after something gets chosen 5-10x as the primary game, it becomes ineligible as a first/primary game for game night?

Believe me, I almost didn't want to play Mario Kart last game night and showed up late. I'm open to playing something different as long as it's something we've never played on a game night or only played once or twice. River CIty Melee Mach was just a suggestion.

As for games that are on this poll, I actually am interested in playing Sector's Edge and downloaded it last year. Unfortunately, my computer won't run it.

35 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

this is for Rhapsody98s sister.  I will put all new games on the next one and no one will vote, wait and see 😆

Put some more rules/framework into place.  If folks vote for something but don't show up, deduct their votes and recalculate what's being played that night and restrict the no shows from having their votes counted on the next poll.  Sports kind of work that way--don't show up to practice, you don't play, and it's pretty effective at keeping folks showing up like they're supposed to.  If someone calls out beforehand, that's understandable, as stuff comes up for everybody, but some of this seems like it's gotten habitual.

Administrator · Posted

Heya folks!  Let's try to keep it positive and constructive with each other please.

We can continually evolve this process as it goes, and we'll definitely process the feedback and see what we can do to balance things and make Game Nights accessible and fun for as many as we can.  

We want some order, but we also want this to be a fun and flexible thing, for people to just hang out, chill, and have a good time.  I hope that we are achieving that goal, but we can always work on things a bit.   We'll try to get some new stuff in there as Jeevan said, while still mixing in some old favorites as well.  

I appreciate everyone who has been showing up with us and hanging out, and we'll keep working to make this fun and make it last!

• The topic was locked