Every once in a while when you design and then program homebrew video games like I do, you think you have a great idea, but when you actually go to program it, it actually isn't great. Such is the case with my Zyx game. I tried this morning to make the graphics a little better, but I doubt I'll be working on this for much longer, because, frankly, it isn't all that a great idea after all. I could add a tomato, but what would it do? I need to make this game really interesting. It needs something.
For a little change of pace, I worked on a new Channel F game.
This is a zyx. Its favorite activity is eating blueberries falling from the sky. Its least favorite activity is eating cauliflower falling from the sky. Today a zyx is on an island in the Green Sea where reports of blueberries falling from the sky were reported. So this adventurous zyx went to check it out. It was true! But unfortunately so were cauliflowers. There's always a catch.
As you can see, I put in a score and
I decided to return to work on Quest of the Cranberry. I spent the last few hours trying to put a fish in the game. Craig (the cranberry) is now underwater, so a fish would be an appropriate enemy. But now I have no ideas left on what to do.
So it's a good time to pause and think of new stuff for Craig to encounter under the sea. Do you have any ideas? I'd love to hear them.
The last part of the work was trying to make sure the game ends (temporarily) and you can't go any further
I started working on level 3 of Quest of the Cranberry a few days ago. But I was looking at my code (which is over 5,500 lines long) and I decided that I might want to move the password entering code to the end instead of the beginning because I will add to it as I make new levels. And I may break something. Apparently the Channel F is as finicky with code as the Odyssey 2. So I managed to move the password code down to the end and make it work in only about 15 minutes. So now I can actually beg
I finished level 2 of Quest of the Cranberry for the Channel F this morning. It was hard. But I finally got it working okay after a few hours of coding. I still don't know what the problem is (I think it might have something to do with code page boundaries, but I'm not sure.) I spent almost all day asleep. I went to sleep at about noon and woke up at 3 a.m. after a horrible nightmare. So I got up and solved the problem I was having earlier. Once you get to the end of level 2, it freezes for a bi
So I'm back to programming for the Fairchild Channel F again. I wish there was a Flashcart for this. But that will probably never happen, due to lack of interest. Anyway, this time I'm making a game called...
It's a fly swatting game, akin to the one in Mario Paint for the Super NES. So there are these flies. Your job is to swat them. To activate the fly swatter, push down on the joystick. If you hit one, that fly will disappear and another one will come take its place in a random posi