IGNORED

2021 VGS NES Tournament

BeaIank

35 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I envy your opportunity to beat @bertsampson. I have it rough. I actually like @Jeevan...kind of.

Honestly, I doubt my ability to make it to round 2... @bertsampson isn't exactly a pushover or anything.  The game selection doesn't help build my confidence any either.  That said, I'm looking forward to whatever game he ends up choosing...except Chase HQ...fuck racing games.

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Honestly, I doubt my ability to make it to round 2... @bertsampson isn't exactly a pushover or anything.  The game selection doesn't help build my confidence any either.  That said, I'm looking forward to whatever game he ends up choosing...except Chase HQ...fuck racing games.

If @bertsampson phoned it in any more at the end of the season, maybe I would have gotten to beat him like I did in 2015.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If @bertsampson phoned it in any more at the end of the season, maybe I would have gotten to beat him like I did in 2015.

Thing is, he has skill...enough of it to slack off and fall down the rankings and still make the top 8.  Whereas with me, I basically just got participation scores most of the way.  There's no comparison here.

11 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I do like the heads up style of the bracket. It’s cool going 1 on 1. 
i think we should all play the same game though. 1-8 already have the advantages of seeding now they get another advantage being able to pick the game?

8-16 going against all odds + some

And that's what now makes the regular season more important.... 😉

The_More_You_Know.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

i mean, we can test it right?  😉 

Id consider obliging if I thought there was a real chance mods would allow. And if Dougie didnt already know damn well you arent picking it. 

As for my big surprise pick......

TAITO CHASE HQ

My attempts at to tease it were likely completely useless. A rad racer style game where you play a cop who specializes in high speed chases and ramming cars driven by people with warrants? The concept is flawless. Crime we didnt get this in US

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, NESfiend said:

Id consider obliging if I thought there was a real chance mods would allow. And if Dougie didnt already know damn well you arent picking it. 

As for my big surprise pick......

TAITO CHASE HQ

My attempts at to tease it were likely completely useless. A rad racer style game where you play a cop who specializes in high speed chases and ramming cars driven by people with warrants? The concept is flawless. Crime we didnt get this in US

well, that's half the battle, i guess i can hold out till last minute 😆