IGNORED

2021 VGS NES Tournament

BeaIank

4 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

1st place vs 16th place? I'm going up against the champ at the beginning of the Tournament?

With two people declining invites, you jump up two spots. If no one else declines, you get @PIIwho vegas has as the favorite to win. Doesnt play every week like me and morbus, but podiums every time he shows up. 

If one more declines, youd get @0xDEAFC0DE, arguably the worst first round draw because he will make you play a puzzler and he puzzles harrrrddddd

Edit: so you may have been better of with dr m. Definitely would have been better off drawing me

Edited by NESfiend

57 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

There's only one person capable of it and he already said it wouldnt be useful for the puzzle game. Seems like @BeaIanktook care of that issue when making the game selections. 

Wait, so you're saying that I took all of those late night programming classes at the community college for nothing?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

No @Dr. Morbis on the confirmed list yet, but I can't imagine him turning it down. 

I was at work all day, but I sent my pm to her just now.

And with two cancellations, that means I get my dream matchup against my boy firehazard!  Dreams really do come true!!!

(Nobody else cancel, you hear!!!!)

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

And with two cancellations, that means I get my dream matchup against my boy firehazard!  Dreams really do come true!!!

and if he doesn't play?

20 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You should let @FireHazard51 win so we can have a second round battle of Cincinnati after I win my matchup!

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

He is one spot behind ausden. He didnt play much this year, but hed be a damn tough draw for the 1 seed. 

Yeah, but a one-and-done is always tough, no matter who you face.  First round is always the toughest if you're higher ranked: more pressure to perform...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

All of doug's research was correct, I'm in for the tourney and just confirmed - just wasnt logged in.   So if im reading this right I face off against skinny, but I get to pick the game?  Okay okay this'll be interesting

I'm defs not picking the shooter

Edited by Krunch

Events Team · Posted

All 8 upper seed players have accepted and we are 3 players short of closing the full bracket.
Today the top 8 players will be allowed to pick the game they wish to play, with seed 1 picking the game first, 2nd next and so on till the 8th has picked their game.
With luck, by today's end, we will have our complete bracket and the rules for each game posted.

5 hours ago, Krunch said:

All of doug's research was correct, I'm in for the tourney and just confirmed - just wasnt logged in.   So if im reading this right I face off against skinny, but I get to pick the game?  Okay okay this'll be interesting

I'm defs not picking the shooter

Good to see you made it. I'm relieved that I don't have to be the one to beat skinny. 

Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

• Haha 1