IGNORED

2021 VGS NES Tournament

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

kero is the puzzle game, would you like me to bump it up?  It would have been higher had i been able to speak japanese as that is what the rom is in......

Had this problem. 

Also, thusfar I really suck at the game I chose! But its fun even getting my ass kicked

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Do you drink entire glasses of straight vinegar? This concept is oddly fascinating for some reason.

Not regularly, no.  But I love pickle brine, and have drank straight glasses of vinegar for money in the past.  Straight white vinegar is probably the worst of the bunch, but I still like that shit.

7 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Had this problem. 

Also, thusfar I really suck at the game I chose! But its fun even getting my ass kicked

Maybe you should hurry up and change your pick! I came just short of finishing the 7th mission the first time I played Chase HQ, but I obviously wasn't going to tell @Jeevan that. 😂 

5 hours ago, BeaIank said:

@arnpolydidn't reply so far, so he is out. I will extend the invitation for the next ones in line and update later today.
I was to update you all on this matter yesterday, but I crashed hard after working 40 hours straight and being up for 48 hours total.

Terribly sorry for not replying before now, please forgive me. I was planning to decline anyway. Good luck everyone!

13 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

@Dr. Morbis actually had a controller made for him for that very issue.  Weird thing is I've never personally had a problem with it.  Takes like 3 seconds to get used to it 😛

Not when you've been programmed a certain way for every single game since 1987... 😛  And furthermore, there are only two action buttons, so with my reverso controller I'm literally covered for every single permutation and combination of control schemes on the NES.  I don't need a single game to give me a menu option: I decide which of the two buttons does what... 😉

6 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Not when you've been programmed a certain way for every single game since 1987... 😛  And furthermore, there are only two action buttons, so with my reverso controller I'm literally covered for every single permutation and combination of control schemes on the NES.  I don't need a single game to give me a menu option: I decide which of the two buttons does what... 😉

You know I've been playing games since '89, not much later than you, and have never had the issue you have with swapping buttons.  Just admit that you're not an adaptable person, and thus had to resort to making your own tools to adapt on your behalf.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I'm guessing that you don't care for Double Dragon II at all then.

38 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm guessing that you don't care for Double Dragon II at all then.

It's my favourite of the DD's and pretty straight forward Renegade scheme, and it gives you all the moves right off the bat so you can fling that knee into oblivion... 🙂

1 hour ago, the_wizard_666 said:

You know I've been playing games since '89, not much later than you, and have never had the issue you have with swapping buttons.  Just admit that you're not an adaptable person, and thus had to resort to making your own tools to adapt on your behalf.

Civilized men bend the world to their will; simpletons like you just accept whatever comes their way.... 😉

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

It's my favourite of the DD's and pretty straight forward Renegade scheme, and it gives you all the moves right off the bat so you can fling that knee into oblivion... 🙂

Civilized men bend the world to their will; simpletons like you just accept whatever comes their way.... 😉

I'm used to them, but the alternating controls seem to bother some people.