IGNORED

2021 VGS NES Tournament

BeaIank

13 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

It might happen but with holidays and trying to pick from the players who didn’t participate much all year…… 

Once you get past 12th place on the leaderboard, there aren't really many active players left. I guess the worst case scenario would be to give the top 3 players a bye since it's highly unlikely that someone at the bottom of the standings would beat them anyway.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

49 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Once you get past 12th place on the leaderboard, there aren't really many active players left. I guess the worst case scenario would be to give the top 3 players a bye since it's highly unlikely that someone at the bottom of the standings would beat them anyway.

Nah. Shorten the field some of them aren’t gonna get to pick a game.

16 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

We are now waiting on @Ausden and @arnpolyto confirm if they will partake in the tournament.
Meanwhile, Dr. Morbis, NESfiend, PII, 0xDEAFC0DE, mbd39, bertsampson, Krunch and Jeevan can pick a game from the list, starting from @Dr. Morbis.

Come on @Jeevan! Pick Chase HQ!

Just now, Jeevan said:

here's a hint for ya.  I am gonna pick from a pool of games, 1 of which is what you want, what do you think i am gonna do?  😆

I already have Chase HQ on my Everdrive. I don't own a computer so it's a pain for me to take my SD card to someone's house to download a different game. You shouldn't be using my laziness against me. 😂

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Well when you're as good as we are, you know they're scared of us! 😂

I do like the heads up style of the bracket. It’s cool going 1 on 1. 
i think we should all play the same game though. 1-8 already have the advantages of seeding now they get another advantage being able to pick the game?

8-16 going against all odds + some

Edited by docile tapeworm

19 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I do like the heads up style of the bracket. It’s cool going 1 on 1. 
i think we should all play the same game though. 1-8 already have the advantages of seeding now they get another advantage being able to pick the game?

8-16 going against all odds + some

I like the actual tournament idea too. It seems a little more fair than the old way where the regular season champion could get bounced in the first round because they didn't happen to be good at the chosen game.

5 hours ago, BeaIank said:

We are now waiting on @Ausden and @arnpolyto confirm if they will partake in the tournament.
Meanwhile, Dr. Morbis, NESfiend, PII, 0xDEAFC0DE, mbd39, bertsampson, Krunch and Jeevan can pick a game from the list, starting from @Dr. Morbis.

I think dr morbis wants to see who hes playing against before making his selection. I can make mine now, but assume I need to wait for dr m to go first?

23 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I think dr morbis wants to see who hes playing against before making his selection. I can make mine now, but assume I need to wait for dr m to go first?

It looks like everyone gets to pick from the list since there are only 5 games for 8 matchups. That means @Jeevan can be cool and pick Chase HQ.