IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Call me a broken record but I'm still mostly playing Runescape. It's nice and relaxing. 

Be proud man, it's fun to stick to a game that makes you chill out for a long period of time. I have been playing Koei games for months for that reason, even the very slow paced one like Uncharted Waters. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

Call me a broken record but I'm still mostly playing Runescape. It's nice and relaxing. 

I haven't really played it since 2007 and started in 2003, so I did spent a lot of time in that 4 years on it. I did play a lot of private servers though afterwards and used Runescape to make a lot of money, but otherwise just lost touch with it or appeal mostly with the updates that followed. Will maybe check it out one day again at least the classic one that I used to play. It was really great times on there and never regret any of it except that one time where I got scammed for $1000 lol got social engineered so badly. Edit: You know now that I think about it, I actually did quit once I got scammed so there we go that's why I stopped playing it.

Edited by Skorp

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Skorp said:

I haven't really played it since 2007 and started in 2003, so I did spent a lot of time in that 4 years on it. I did play a lot of private servers though afterwards and used Runescape to make a lot of money selling gold through merching, but otherwise just lost touch with it or appeal mostly with the updates that followed. Will maybe check it out one day again at least the classic one that I used to play. It was really great times on there and never regret any of it except that one time where I got scammed for $1000 lol got social engineered so badly. Edit: You know now that I think about it, I actually did quit once I got scammed so there we go that's why I stopped playing it.

Yeah I'm playing an Ultimate Ironman on Oldschool RS. It's pretty great.

image.png

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 4:12 PM, zeldaboy said:

Dragon Warrior II again....got to the last shrine before final dungeon, just have been slacking the last week or two on it.

Man. I was playing the DraagonQuest II remake on SNES a few years back.. it was good, just got a bit slow in the middle there.. put it down and just haven't gotten back to it .. Someday I need to make my way thru the rest of the series.. I always hear good things about 5 and 6

Started up Nier Automata last night.  Never finished it on PS4 and am onto the PC version now.  This game looks great in 4k with the far mod and feels right at a smooth 60fps.  I'm much more immersed with surround sound for the great soundtrack.

Hopefully this doesn't pull me away from Pokemon entirely.  I've got 4 badges and don't feel like the story has been interesting.  Just chipping away once or twice a week for a few minutes.

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

20 hours into Final Fantasy XII

A few hours into a SNES RPG that I restarted after several years off

Thinking the Spyro trilogy and Wolfenstein Youngblood next

A brief warning about Youngblood: the first few hours are kind of terrible. The perfect balance of the last few Wolfenstein games doesn't kick in until you've upgraded your character and weapon quite a bit. The game is still satisfying in the end, but it feels like they couldn't figure out how to start the game.

Administrator · Posted
On 12/27/2019 at 9:40 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

20 hours into Final Fantasy XII

A few hours into a SNES RPG that I restarted after several years off

Thinking the Spyro trilogy and Wolfenstein Youngblood next

Awesome - I started up FF12 again recently, after getting it on switch.  I absolutely LOVED this game on PS2, and thought it was fantastic.  It was probably my favorite of the PS2 FF games, and at the time, it was really beautiful-looking.  A lot of people didn't like the combat, but I thought it was really interesting, and you could turn the more automated features off if you didn't like that.  

As I'm replaying it on Switch, I'm reminded of how much I enjoyed it.  It doesn't have the same 'wow' factor visually as it did for me on PS2 of course, but there is just something about the characters, story, and environments in that game that just really resonated with me.  It is super fun playing it again.

Interestingly enough, mid-FF12, I also started replaying FF9 as it was on sale digitally for Switch and I picked it up.  I'm about 15 hours into it, and yet again I'm reminded of just how much I love the game.  There's something that is just really, I don't know, adorable about the game.  I remember it feeling like such a breath of fresh air after 7 and 8, as a sort of return to the more fantasy-oriented style of some of the earlier FF games.  

I'm really enjoying them both atm.