IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Graphics Team · Posted

This week I played Vice: Project Doom (NES) for the first time. I made it to the final boss, but never actually beat it. For any fans of Ninja Gaiden, this is a must-play. The gameplay is nearly identical (and a bit more forgiving), even moreso than other 'ripoff' games like Shadow of the Ninja.

-CasualCart

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

Rampage World Tour on N64. It's a bit of a slog playing by yourself, with 140 main levels plus bonus levels. I'm on... Level 40.

I remember that game. You can build a nice N64 collection if you are willing to try out different genres.  I can't wait to play that game on my new atgames arcade cabinet.  Arcade version of course.

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, ErickRPG said:

I remember that game. You can build a nice N64 collection if you are willing to try out different genres.  I can't wait to play that game on my new atgames arcade cabinet.  Arcade version of course.

My N64 collection is pretty good I think. I've got basically all of the games I want. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Finally started Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Starts slow with the usual tutorial stage, but quickly moves into Uncharted/Tomb Raider style traversal. Overall it's giving me a good vibe and I'm looking forward to getting further into it.

Would this be a good Star Wars game for a nonfan? I enjoy Shadow of the Empire and Rogue Squadron but haven't touched anything since.

40 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

Would this be a good Star Wars game for a nonfan? I enjoy Shadow of the Empire and Rogue Squadron but haven't touched anything since.

I think so. It's got all the standard Star Wars stuff like force powers and lightsabers and the main character is sadly generic, but the big events of the franchise exist on the periphery (at least so far). There is a welcome emphasis on exploration and movement rather than combat. The animations look a bit jankier than Tomb Raider and Uncharted, but those series have been doing this for a decade or more, so that's forgivable.

I need to play a little longer to see how the combat and traversal balance, but as I said before, I'm hopeful.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CasualCart said:

This week I played Vice: Project Doom (NES) for the first time. I made it to the final boss, but never actually beat it. For any fans of Ninja Gaiden, this is a must-play. The gameplay is nearly identical (and a bit more forgiving), even moreso than other 'ripoff' games like Shadow of the Ninja.

-CasualCart

One of my favorites on the system. It is very much in the style of Ninja Gaiden. Right down to the cut scenes.

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

My N64 collection is pretty good I think. I've got basically all of the games I want. 

Basically how I feel about it, and I even have I'd call the two most essential import games for it as well, Bangaioh and Sin&Punishment.  I figure a couple dozen N64 games is nearly good enough, so I have a flash kit for the rest.  It's not a hard no, something amazing comes across my path local, cheap enough to care, sure.

I did find though Muramasa for the Wii today, not a Wii collector, still testing the waters but it's a fantastic game I had back when the system was alive so I'd like to experience that again.

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Basically how I feel about it, and I even have I'd call the two most essential import games for it as well, Bangaioh and Sin&Punishment.  I figure a couple dozen N64 games is nearly good enough, so I have a flash kit for the rest.  It's not a hard no, something amazing comes across my path local, cheap enough to care, sure.

I did find though Muramasa for the Wii today, not a Wii collector, still testing the waters but it's a fantastic game I had back when the system was alive so I'd like to experience that again.

I've not played Bangaioh, but I do have Sin & Punishment. S&P is super fun! 

Bangaioh, the other Treasure shooter for the system.  Entirely sprite based, 100s of shots going around after all sorts of targets fired off from your little mech.  Started on the Dreamcast/N64, later then had a DS release too.  It's pretty fun, kind of unique, but also an expensive (over 100) cart.  A dumb luck pickup some years back I got both the games in a lot with the US port adapter.  I think it went unnoticed since the seller never did video games, it was a shoe salesman which I thought was strange.  I basically nearly got it at buy one get one (and the adapter) nearly free.

38 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Playing a ton of RCT and RCT2. I was a weird RCT originalist as a kid, believing the original was best and the sequel was unnecessary. Now I see I was an idiot, RCT2 is crazy good, a huge improvement in every way.

I have such good feels nostalgia just from that original attract mode on RCT1.  That music, watching those beautiful coasters go across the tracks.  Lol, what an amazing exciting game at the time.

On 1/25/2020 at 8:09 PM, DoctorEncore said:

I think so. It's got all the standard Star Wars stuff like force powers and lightsabers and the main character is sadly generic, but the big events of the franchise exist on the periphery (at least so far). There is a welcome emphasis on exploration and movement rather than combat. The animations look a bit jankier than Tomb Raider and Uncharted, but those series have been doing this for a decade or more, so that's forgivable.

I need to play a little longer to see how the combat and traversal balance, but as I said before, I'm hopeful.

In the later stages the Fallen Order has that typical problem of difficult balance. The stage itself will be a breeze then get annihilated by the boss. The 9th Sister on Kashyyyk is an example of this. After that the energy baton storm troopers become a real nuisance. All that aside the overall game is quite enjoyable. 

My son and I beat Odyssey last night for the first time.  I guess that's technically the first game my son has ever completed so he was pretty excited.  I don't think we are done playing the game yet since I know there is still a lot of stuff to find.  I doubt we will ever go for all 1,000 moons, but we will keep playing it until we lose interest.

My son has also been playing the Link's Awakening remake on the side.  I've been helping him of course, but he seems to enjoy this game as well.  I've been impressed at the amount of stuff he has been able to figure out by himself, especially since he isn't reading yet outside of his "sight words."  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 3

So I was playing Mega Man 11 and got stuck at the first boss of the Wily Levels so I decided to take a break.

I moved over to Mega Man 9 where I had beat my first level last night and was fooling around today when I realized there was an in game store. I beat 5 more levels on Mega Man 9 before the end of the session.

Game seems a little easy with the store. I have a feeling Mega Man 11 is going to be easier than I have been making it out to be. Can't wait to turn it on and see how many screws I have.

Edit: I have 16,000 screws. I might have died a few times.

Edited by Californication