IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

12 hours ago, arnpoly said:

I've been chipping away at Baba is You for awhile now.  I love puzzle games and it is one of the best I've played in some time.  It also means I end up staring at my Switch for long stretches searching for that ah-ha moment of a solution for that tough puzzle.

Good luck! I watched someone stream that on Twitch for a little bit. Seems fun but I think I would get tired of it after a while.

I'm finally playing Mario Odyssey now. I shelved Bloodstained for a bit. I didn't really play anything for a couple of weeks, but I've been wanting to play Odyssey so I took the plunge today! Having a lot of fun so far.

In order of priority

Picross 2

The Outer Worlds

Pokemon Sword

Picross somehow took over my life the last week or so.  Close to being done.  17 hours into Outer Worlds and I'm having a great time.  I'm doing most every side quest and have two companions so I feel very over powered.  May have to up the difficulty a bit.  Pokemon is fun but I am just playing an hour or so a week until the other games are wrapped up.

42 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

In order of priority

Picross 2

The Outer Worlds

Pokemon Sword

Picross somehow took over my life the last week or so.  Close to being done.  17 hours into Outer Worlds and I'm having a great time.  I'm doing most every side quest and have two companions so I feel very over powered.  May have to up the difficulty a bit.  Pokemon is fun but I am just playing an hour or so a week until the other games are wrapped up.

I was told to play Outer Worlds on hard prior to starting and it still feels easy. Side quests are fun, but if you do them all, you become overpowered quickly.  Still a great game though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, B.A. said:

It didn't? Then what was all the stuff that made the switch version be called "S super ultra mega definitive edition plus" or some such?

That was never available for the PS4 version. I believe either all or most of it was in the original 3DS version however, that never got translated to English.

Just started Axiom Verge on the Switch. Seems pretty cool so far. It's cool to play a new game like classic Metroid, but it kind of bugs me when games are a little toooo much like the games that inspired them.

Also started playing Heroes of Might & Magic that I picked up on sale from GoG a while ago. I was addicted to this game back in the day, and sure enough, it sucked up half my day today. Man, I forgot how goofy the artwork is in that game! Haha, 90s DOS game memories!

13 hours ago, B.A. said:

It didn't? Then what was all the stuff that made the switch version be called "S super ultra mega definitive edition plus" or some such?

It did. I only got the game within the last couple weeks, and right there in the eshop are some downloadable kits for your players in the game.  One of them sets you up with better armor looking like the set I think from DQ8 which helps early on, then there's a wolf set which Erik can use as a sweet boost, and then a few others as well for specific perks.  Each had an individual download more or less.  Yes the S stands for special, and yes it did have more stuff to give beyond the added download DLC stuff too that was already included, which does as he pointed out have to do with the 3DS as you have the optional play anytime in 2D mode from the handheld release.

2 hours ago, cj_robot said:

Just started Axiom Verge on the Switch. Seems pretty cool so far. It's cool to play a new game like classic Metroid, but it kind of bugs me when games are a little toooo much like the games that inspired them.

I did NOT like that game. I felt like the mix of old and new was worse than just commiting to one style. Super Metroid, SotN, and just about every modern Metroidvania does it better in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I did NOT like that game. I felt like the mix of old and new was worse than just commiting to one style. Super Metroid, SotN, and just about every modern Metroidvania does it better in my opinion.

Have you played Samus Returns on the 3DS? I'm curious what your thoughts would be on that. I'd love to see Castlevania get the same treatment.

I think I get what you're saying though. Pixel-y art but with all sorts of crazy effects? One that comes to mind is Dead Cells. I'm still not sure how I feel about that game.

Edited by Alder

34 minutes ago, Alder said:

Have you played Samus Returns on the 3DS? I'm curious what your thoughts would be on that. I'd love to see Castlevania get the same treatment.

I think I get what you're saying though. Pixel-y art but with all sorts of crazy effects? One that comes to mind is Dead Cells. I'm still not sure how I feel about that game.

I haven't played Samus, but I've heard great things. It would be really cool to see the original NES Castlevanias updated that way.

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It did. I only got the game within the last couple weeks, and right there in the eshop are some downloadable kits for your players in the game.  One of them sets you up with better armor looking like the set I think from DQ8 which helps early on, then there's a wolf set which Erik can use as a sweet boost, and then a few others as well for specific perks.

I didn't assume they were talking about pointless cosmetic stuff like character costumes. The DQ8 outfit wasn't downloadable for PS4 though, it's built into the disc, though it's just assigned to your inventory from the beginning as if it were.

Romancing SaGa 2 is one of the biggest pleasant surprises I've had from any RPG in probably over a decade.

I knew RS3 did a lot of the same stuff, but I never realised that RS2 was as fantastic of a game as it is.
It does have its share of jank, and some of its elements can get really tedious, but I absolutely love its world design, sense of exploration and adventure, and the incredible open ended design. There aren't a lot of other games like this, and it makes me really sad to think of.

I think Octopath Traveller wanted to be it, but it ended up being something else entirely.

On 12/10/2019 at 8:21 PM, zeppelin03 said:

Bought Call of Duty Modern Warfare on PC.  I'm actually enjoying the multiplayer for the first time in years.  Feels like it's back to basics.  4K HDR looks great but Dobly Atmos really shines in this title. 

I've been wanting to try this out. I last played BLOPS 2. There have been a lot of complaints online about excessive camping in this one. Specifically, with claymores and how the map design is a lot more cramped. Did you have any problems with this yourself?

1 hour ago, acromite53 said:

I've been wanting to try this out. I last played BLOPS 2. There have been a lot of complaints online about excessive camping in this one. Specifically, with claymores and how the map design is a lot more cramped. Did you have any problems with this yourself?

The last Call of Duty I enjoyed was MW3. MW, MW2, and BLOPS were the big ones for me. 

I don't find the levels much more cramped than my memory of the old ones. Blend of roads, open buildings, and cramped doorways/stairwells.  Sure I get killed by claymores or mines in some of those spots.  A lot of it has made sense since someone might be camping an overlook.

I have the core game selection running with nothing removed. Free for all would be the one I would shut off.  It's camp heavy.  I get hit by people prone in a corner a bunch. Otherwise it's been fine.

• Like 1