IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

3 minutes ago, arnpoly said:

Finally got around to buying and playing Golf Story on Switch ... it's super fun so far.

I got to the second world and moved on to another game.  It's not because I got bored with it. I  just got distracted and once I came back to my Switch, I was ready for Final Fantasy X. Oops.

33 minutes ago, arnpoly said:

Finally got around to buying and playing Golf Story on Switch ... it's super fun so far.

29 minutes ago, RH said:

I got to the second world and moved on to another game.  It's not because I got bored with it. I  just got distracted and once I came back to my Switch, I was ready for Final Fantasy X. Oops.

I didn't dislike the game, but it got boring and repetitive quickly. I finished it, but probably would have been more satisfied if I just stopped after the third course or so. It seems like a lot of people genuinely love it, so maybe you guys will get more out of it than I did.

Edited by DoctorEncore

36 minutes ago, RH said:

That's where I am at the moment.  I definitely know the feeling of switching games and not getting back to it.  But on this one I think I'm hooked so I'm gonna stick with it for awhile.

8 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I didn't dislike the game, but it got boring and repetitive quickly. I finished it, but probably would have been more satisfied if I just stopped after the third course or so. It seems like a lot of people genuinely love it, so maybe you guys will get more out of it than I did.

I could see the game getting repetitive, but I dunno, I think it fits the bill for me right now.  There's enough slightly weird stuff going on to keep me going.

I like the occasional golf game, and I like the occasional RPG.  Having the two of them together like this is hitting that sweet spot, and it's something I don't think I've seen before.  (I admit I haven't played any of the Camelot Mario Golf games that have RPG elements, maybe I should.)

• Like 2

Playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 again because I got into a Youtuber Marcel Vos and I enjoy how he explains the game in depth. Really enjoying building space efficient, exciting coasters, which I wasn't smart enough to do when I was younger. The management side of the game is kind of ruined for me once you realize guests are idiots that will ride almost anything, and there's little point in building $25,000 magnum opus coasters. A weak powered launch into half a corkscrew is by far the most efficient, profitable coaster design in the entire game for example if you're really min-maxing.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday I fired up PCE CDs as I got the repaired duo back and hooked up.  Played a little bit of Ys Book1, Gradius II, Advance Variable Geo, and Space Fantasy Soldier (us proto of Star Parodier.)  That last one I never had a crack at before, love how well it looks to Twinbee for inspiration.

On 1/9/2020 at 11:12 PM, Tanooki said:

Yesterday I fired up PCE CDs as I got the repaired duo back and hooked up.  Played a little bit of Ys Book1, Gradius II, Advance Variable Geo, and Space Fantasy Soldier (us proto of Star Parodier.)  That last one I never had a crack at before, love how well it looks to Twinbee for inspiration.

Nice! I want to check out Twinbee and Star Parodier eventually. I've been playing Parodius, Gradius 2 on PCE lately. I can't get very far on Gradius 2! I need to keep practicing. That upside down volcano level always wipes me out.

After finishing the Link's Awakening remake, I wasn't sure what I would play next.  I figured it would be Yoshi's Crafted World, but I decided to try both that and Mario Odyssey.  I was surprised how much I enjoyed Odyssey so I've been playing it.  Really great game and the first 3D Mario game I've played that I've been able to get into.  I'll get back to Yoshi's Crafted World eventually since I enjoyed what I saw and I loved Woolly World.  

I'm also occasionally knocking out races in MK8 Deluxe, but that isn't new for me since I played through it on the Wii U.

50 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Almost done Majora's Mask! 

I really want to play that game some day. It just looks cool.

As for me, I think I've got Star Wars Jedi: The Fallen Order up next. After that, I've got a long list: Outer Wilds, Jurassic Park Evolution, Control, Outer Wilds, and The Last of Us. It's a great time to be alive!

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

As for me, I think I've got Star Wars Jedi: The Fallen Order up next. After that, I've got a long list: Outer Wilds, Jurassic Park Evolution, Control, Outer Wilds, and The Last of Us. It's a great time to be alive!

Majora's Mask is tied for my favorite game with Metal Gear Solid. 

There's some nostalgia goggles on perhaps, but even playing through it these past few days it just makes me happy. Similar feelings to MGS if you've read my blog, reliving the game without any guides or anything like that (and doing a 3 heart run this time around for some added challenge) and it's just SO good. 

Please play it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Majora is an alright game. I enjoyed it much more as a kid. I just played through it in December and didn’t care for it as much. There is alot of repeating tasks. I was constantly fumbling around trying to figure out what needed to be done to complete the next step of a quest. Just to find out that missed the correct time and place to meet someone or collect something and have to rerun the whole process. Without a guide Majora can be a real headache, unless you enjoy the obtuse puzzle solving. That being said, it is a weirdly unique experience. 

Edited by themisfit138
  • Thanks 1