IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Rise of the Ronin. It’s pretty good. There are a lot of mechanics to take in but I’m slowly getting the hang of it. The counterspark/parry system you can’t really master cause every enemy has like different timings which is annoying but I always play games like this on easy so I can get through the story. 

Have started playing the Switch library with Drainus, Blasphemous ll, Razion Ex, and Demon Throttle. 

Drainus is my fav. so far because of the difficulty and weapon load out on the fly. Razion Ex is has a sweet spot as far as difficulty and I see a 1cc in the future. (Kind of crazy that both games have set pieces dedicated to r-type.)

Blasphemous ll is a bit easier than one and the level design is a half step down from the original, which is weird considering the reused most of the resources. That being said it's been a lot of fun and I am OP and stuck ATM.

Demon Throttle is a welcome Arcade style game, it feels closer to a auto runner than a shooter like Twinkle Tale or Elemental Master. But the RPG elements make it interesting as the level up system creates a real incentive to kill as many enemies as possible.

Can't wait to check out some more of the exclusives.

Edit: just got to the final boss and Demon Throttle will get filed as Cho Aniki adjacent.

Edited by Californication

I started playing Balatro, which is the first roguelike deckbuilder I've been able to get into. I can't tell if I like this genre yet or if it just dishes out a dopamine explosion when all the right cards connect like a loot explosion in an ARPG and it's just one of those sneaky addiction things.

49 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I started playing Balatro, which is the first roguelike deckbuilder I've been able to get into. I can't tell if I like this genre yet or if it just dishes out a dopamine explosion when all the right cards connect like a loot explosion in an ARPG and it's just one of those sneaky addiction things.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about the game. That said, not sure it's my type of game. Does it have a story/campaign?

7 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I've heard nothing but amazing things about the game. That said, not sure it's my type of game. Does it have a story/campaign?

Not at all. There's a billion little progressive difficulty levels and things to unlock for subsequent runs which is the carrot to keep playing.

• Thanks 1