IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Mario Bros

BeaIank

48 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

@guillavoie time to kick it?  haha, remember I had missed the first 5 weeks too @NESfiend.  actually u prolly didn't know that lol

Didn't realize you missed so much time! You probably would have been more like +375 or 400 had I known

+750, where I put you, means if someone bet 100 bucks on you to win, it would pay back 750 dollar if you win. Otherwise, the bettor is out 100 bucks. And it's not a shit on you. Everyone on the board but me is a contender. The top 3 are stupidly good. Their odds are really low. The rest of us would get some love from Vegas just to further get money away from bert, kid, and doug. They are playing chess while we all play checkers. 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NESfiend said:

All the tourney/champ trash talk had me thinking where Vegas would put the current odds. Here's a first draft based largely on current standings, but also taking in some other factors. Mainly recent participation, kid draculas late entry into the competition, the tapeworms recent laziness, and Arnopoly's talent. 

@bertsampson +140

@Kid Dracula +175

@Bearcat-Doug +200

@0xDEAFC0DE +375

@Gaia Gensouki +375

@arnpoly +375

@ninjistar +750

@TWarwick07 + 750

@Jeevan +750

@NESfiend +8000

@skinnygrinny +450

If it makes you feel any better, at +8000 I'd take my chances betting on you with that kind of payout.

I had high hopes this would be similar to the DK contest- a game I’m familiar with but never played much and certainly never for high score. That ended up being really fun despite the luck factor on the barrel drops.

Mario Bros would be much better if there were a time limit. Also the scoring is kind of strange. It makes sense to be awarded more points for clearing multiple enemies quickly and you are. 800 first enemy, 1600 second, 2400 third and so on. But often you’ll miss out on the coins you get for clearing enemies if it finishes a stage. It would be more fun if that factored into the score. But it’s irrelevant anyway if you farm icicles or fireballs. 

What is the difference between game A and B anyway? I didn’t notice a difference.

17 minutes ago, Kid Dracula said:

Alright finally sat down to give this a run this morning. It didn’t take me long to figure out how to roll the score. It is a very lengthy and tedious process and requires no skill. I’m undecided whether I’ll put the time in to do it.

About four hours of lengthy and tedious based on what I've got so far. I haven't decided if I've gone far enough to finish it out or just be done with it.

1 hour ago, Kid Dracula said:

Alright finally sat down to give this a run this morning. It didn’t take me long to figure out how to roll the score. It is a very lengthy and tedious process and requires no skill. I’m undecided whether I’ll put the time in to do it.

i mean... it requires a little bit of skill and decision making 😁