IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Mario Bros

BeaIank

5 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Yes, it took forever.  I started while we were talking yesterday.  Needless to say, I will never play Mario Bros. NES again.

As much as I would hate to concede defeat, I'm not even to 500k yet and I'm already questioning my life choices for playing this long. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If it makes you feel any better, at +8000 I'd take my chances betting on you with that kind of payout.

Hahaha Always someone willing to take the sucker bet! The betting strategy (and how odds would really get set) would have a lot to do with tourney format, which I know nothing about. If there are a lot of games being played and scores get combined, id pick a horse in the top 3 and put all the eggs in one basket. 

On the other hand, if it comes down to a few or one game, id spread my money across dogs who have strong categories. Get some on 0xDEAFC0DE in case there's a puzzle in there, tapeworm for shooters, et.

@bertsampson seriously!??! With that dedication, odds adjusted down to +100. I didnt know you could even get points from fireballs. That probably ends the week for me. May just try to get to level 30, but even that would feel pointless now. And probably the last time I play that game unless I run across it at a barcade. 10+ hours is crazy. 

54 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Sadly if I said I farmed icicles for hours until I rolled the score, nobody would be surprised.

i mean actually wampsons score on p-1 isnt official.....

uuuhhhh ya smoke another one skinny *slowly ducks away*

*runs back to proclaim* "wampson didnt roll the score on p-1!"

*realizes wampson is not an idiot* "wamspon rolled the score on p-1 he just didnt show the swcomd pic"....

Edited by skinnygrinny

39 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Hey skinny, have you been practicing Recca? It looks like your kind of game.

i havent 😕 i got no time these days.

my goal for the rest of the year is to start playing zombie nation now (a game i have played for 5 minutes ever) get good and hopefully by the time that week rolls around the usual suspects will have some type of burn out and ill be all excited to play. 

Edited by skinnygrinny
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I went ahead and finished my run out with just over 700k. I didn't feel like dragging this out for another hour and a half or more. There's still three more days, but I'm probably done.

If I keep going, my goal is to get to phase 30 and get close to your first score of 250k. Im halfway there with phase and score. Feels pretty trivial to even try at this point, but what else am I doing with my evening bud light time. 

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

If I keep going, my goal is to get to phase 30 and get close to your first score of 250k. Im halfway there with phase and score. Feels pretty trivial to even try at this point, but what else am I doing with my evening bud light time. 

That's why I didn't rule out trying this again before Sunday.

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I know the bet was supposed to be for the tournament and not this contest, but even if I max out the score this week I can't beat doing it on Phase 1. I'm still up for a tournament bet, but I figured I might as well help @Gloves and the kids out a little early!

676092683_Capture_2020-06-11-13-30-47.thumb.png.3fd932f010e2079d49480d0d44e66049.png

That's awesome man seriously thanks so much!