IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Mario Bros

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't doubt it. Get out of the house once in a while! 😂

44 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

So you're saying 3 million is enough? I think @skinnygrinny is up to 4 million.

if i start now and leave the game on until sunday....🤔.....nope. most likely will still be rolling the title screen 7 pm sunday night

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

my crt has been on for a day and a half with the title screen rolling 😂 i keep kicking the controller out of my way 😁😂😁😂

I've turned the game on and played 3 or 4 times. Yeah, it's really boring. To the point I'm surprised anyone liked this enough for Nintendo to have decided to reuse the characters for SMB. I don't think I'll have the patience to get anywhere. I can't muster enough to play a second consecutive game and my games are short. Can't imagine doing this for an hour and a half plus 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

@Kid Dracula might have something for you. but his endurance hhas yet to be seen 😁

I'll give it a shot. Don't think I'll be putting that much time into it though. And hey! 6 loops of gradius gets no credit? 1 life on adventure island until world 7? Haha ok I'll try to do better!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kid Dracula said:

I'll give it a shot. Don't think I'll be putting that much time into it though. And hey! 6 loops of gradius gets no credit? 1 life on adventure island until world 7? Haha ok I'll try to do better!

Those games are fun though. This game is the same screen over and over again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

my crt has been on for a day and a half with the title screen rolling 😂 i keep kicking the controller out of my way 😁😂😁😂

I do this - a lot!  Not for a day, but for hours at a time while I'm doing something else. I tend to not like the intro music after the week is up 😄 

• Haha 3

Events Team · Posted
8 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

if i start now and leave the game on until sunday....🤔.....nope. most likely will still be rolling the title screen 7 pm sunday night

Next time we host this it is for low score with a maximum phase to stop. I don't see much appeal in such endless point pressing fest and I get that most of you guys don't either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 hours ago, guillavoie said:

Next time we host this it is for low score with a maximum phase to stop. I don't see much appeal in such endless point pressing fest and I get that most of you guys don't either.

now i could get into that, is there a way to get negative points?  🤣

Edit:  personally, I feel a greater accomplishment getting further and not point pressing..........Donkey Kong would have been fun to see how far we could get, but I might be in the minority on this...........IDK

Edited by Jeevan

5 hours ago, guillavoie said:

The game does start to get repetitive after 30 phases by playing normally, so that is probably a good idea. I still might give it another shot this week. I can't let @bertsampson win that easy!

13 hours ago, Kid Dracula said:

lol your gameplay is top tier! dont get me wrong 🙂 can he go for days though?! 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

I'm not a big fan of this one. I barely scraped by when we played this in the 2016 tournament.

Tetris week can't happen soon enough.

I'm just trying to keep @bertsampson's losing streak alive for one more week. He can pad his stats the rest of the season while I'm gone, just like he did the last 3 seasons. He's only got two wins this season and they were both on tiebreakers. He may have the lead in the overall standings, but I've got 3 wins free and clear.

3 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Yeah, me!  No need to wait.  You can bow down now if you like.

This isn't a prediction of how the season will end, it's a spoiler! I'll take my title and call it a career after I beat you again and settle this once and for all. You know that you can't beat me, but I'm not letting you give up and get off easy.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

This isn't a prediction of how the season will end, it's a spoiler! I'll take my title and call it a career after I beat you again and settle this once and for all. You know that you can't beat me, but I'm not letting you give up and get off easy.

You came in 4th in the one and only 2015 tournament.  You've never beaten me in a tournament.  And, you never will.

1 minute ago, bertsampson said:

You came in 4th in the one and only 2015 tournament.  You've never beaten me in a tournament.  And, you never will.

Hey, I can't help that I crushed you so bad at the end of 2015 that there wasn't even a need for a tournament. The only championships you won were after I retired so you didn't beat me for a single one, but you're gonna lose your last one this year.

6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Hey, I can't help that I crushed you so bad at the end of 2015 that there wasn't even a need for a tournament. The only championships you won were after I retired so you didn't beat me for a single one, but you're gonna lose your last one this year.

Yeah, I admit, you outscored me in 2015.  But, you saw me coming and crawled into your cave scared.  I'm glad you finally came out of your hole this year so we can settle this. You can go back into hiding after you fail to make it past the first round.

Just now, bertsampson said:

Yeah, I admit, you outscored me in 2015.  But, you saw me coming and crawled into your cave scared.  I'm glad you finally came out of your hole this year so we can settle this. You can go back into hiding after you fail to make it past the first round.

You're the one that will probably lose in the first round, but I won't let you off that easy. If we don't settle this in the finals, I'll make sure we settle it one on one in the off season.