IGNORED

What are some of your UNpopular video game opinions? (real ones, not just ones for the sake of trolling or something)

Estil

Just came on here to vent more frustrations about Odyssey. TOO MANY MOONS! I don't necessarily sneer at every attempt to artificially extend gameplay, but this is ridiculous. So why do I continue to play it? I feel like it's now my job to get the 500 moons and see what happens. This reminds me of when I played Spiderman 2 for PS2 and I was told I needed to achieve a certain number of fights or rescues or something like that (forget, it's been so long), and then after going through all of that was told that it doesn't change anything and I get nothing for my effort. Utter BS.

Edited by ookii_risu
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 8:03 PM, 42 foot tapeworm said:

it is beautiful work just dont fuck with the nes lol id take the one with random character over the fancy ones 24/7

damn the more i look at the customs the more and more gross i feel 😬

77DC6809-11A2-4723-AE5A-54F653AB762A.jpeg

3D2FECB8-6585-462C-A805-232DFC5257AB.jpeg

No way my NES is ever going to have graphics from that overrated game. I'd rather have/look at that beat up NES any day. I'm dead friggin' serious.

8 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

No way my NES is ever going to have graphics from that overrated game. I'd rather have/look at that beat up NES any day. I'm dead friggin' serious.

That sounds like me if I had to pick between the beat up one or a SMB 3 custom console. While I'm at it I'll add that SMB 3 is even more overrated than Mega Man 2.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 9:57 AM, ChickenTendas said:

@Sumez The reason I don't like X3 is simply because it isn't as good as the other 2. I got my hopes up after playing X, which was awesome, X2, which was even better imo, and then X3. It isn't a bad game but it's definitely the weakest of the 3 and quite disappointing to say the least. The music is bland, enemies are constantly recycled, levels drag on, and it just doesn't seem as polished. Like there are big empty spaces in every level that seem to exist just for the sake of existing. But ignoring X3, the X trilogy is 🔥

Just out of curiosity, do you feel the same way about the PS1, Saturn, PC, and X Collection versions of Mega Man X3?

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That sounds like me if I had to pick between the beat up one or a SMB 3 custom console. While I'm at it I'll add that SMB 3 is even more overrated than Mega Man 2.

SMB3 is overrated, agree. I don't get why SMB2 gets so much flak. I think it's the best one of the NES series.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/25/2020 at 1:01 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

On 6/25/2020 at 3:45 PM, ookii_risu said:

SMB3 is overrated, agree. I don't get why SMB2 gets so much flak. I think it's the best one of the NES series.

smb3 is the most overrated game and the greatest game of all time. 

Edited by 42 foot tapeworm
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I thought that Kid Icarus was better than Metroid after finishing both games.

I’d give my left nu- well, not that, but I’d give my left something for them to make Kid Icarus a regular franchise. Controls aside, the characters and presentation of the 3DS reboot were some of the best on the system IMO. I also love the NES original. Haven’t gotten far in the Game Boy one.

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 6/19/2020 at 12:51 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

I'd love to hear that character announcement.  The collective gnashing of teeth on reddit and YouTube would probably cause the entire internet to sink into itself.

"WHO?!  WHERES WALUIGI AND WALUIPEACH AND WALUIONKEY KONG!!!?????"

Ever since you posted this I've been haunted by what a "Waluionkey Kong" (Wonkey Kong?) would even look like. I find the modern Donkey Kong design unappealing as-is, so I couldn't help but combine it with Wario/Waluigi to make something even worse than the sum of its parts haha.

-CasualCart

1784358345_WonkeyKong.jpg.a24b71fe58c90b66e5ff3b5e960959a4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Here's another unpopular opinion (especially since it is GameCube related):

I like the GameCube version of Mega Man Anniversary Collection more than the PS2 version, for several reasons:

1.Loading times, in most cases, are noticeably faster. Mega Man 1, for example, loads up in 13 seconds in the PS2 version, and only 6 seconds in the GameCube version.

2.Mega Man 1-6 are in full-screen in the GameCube version, while the PS2 version appears to display them in a pillar-box mode with large black bars that are noticeable even on a small CRT TV.

3.When you open up the options menu in Mega Man 1-6, the text boxes that appear after choosing an option have multiple blues in the GameCube version like in Rockman Complete Works for PS1. For some reason, they changed them to a single light blue color for the PS2 version.

4.The sound effects in Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters are crisp and clear in the GameCube version, and sound more like the Arcade versions (keep in mind that MMAC has the CPS1 version of Power Battle). In the PS2 version, several of the sound effects in these two games are muffled.

5.The Interview video is far superior to the Cartoon episode.

6.I never had a problem with the reversed jump and shoot controls. Metroid Prime is the same way, even when playing NES Metroid.

7.People may not care about Manuals a whole lot, but I like that the GameCube version has full-color Manual.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 6:43 PM, CasualCart said:

Ever since you posted this I've been haunted by what a "Waluionkey Kong" (Wonkey Kong?) would even look like. I find the modern Donkey Kong design unappealing as-is, so I couldn't help but combine it with Wario/Waluigi to make something even worse than the sum of its parts haha.

-CasualCart

1784358345_WonkeyKong.jpg.a24b71fe58c90b66e5ff3b5e960959a4.jpg

THIS, THIS IS A GEM. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

A few of my favorite nes games no one likes or don't seem to get much positive attention 

American Gladiators

Rocketeer 

Star Wars

Heavy shreddin

Dusty Diamond

Dusty Diamond's a blast. Just a quirky little softball game.

I kind of like The Rocketeer. It's a decent platformer, better than many movie-based games of that era.

Star Wars is cool, but DAMN hard. The freakin' maze levels in the Death Star especially, and the asteroid field. I also like the super weird Namco Famicom version.

11 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Star Wars is cool, but DAMN hard. The freakin' maze levels in the Death Star especially, and the asteroid field. I also like the super weird Namco Famicom version.

I definitely used a guide first couple times for it. It was actually among the first games I played when I discovered online guides. Couldn't get out of tattooine as a kid. Once you know where to go, its a fair and rewarding playthrough in a half hour or so. 

I played through empire for the first time this year. Same way. Although longer and more difficult. Once you know what to do, theres plenty of challenge in executing to make it fun and rewarding. Im surprised the nes star wars games get no attention. If nothing else, its freaking star wars

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 10:31 PM, Tulpa said:

Dusty Diamond's a blast. Just a quirky little softball game.

I kind of like The Rocketeer. It's a decent platformer, better than many movie-based games of that era.

I believe Dusty Diamond is @snk2d4ever 's favorite NES game. Havent played it myself but it gets some love!

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 9:03 PM, 42 foot tapeworm said:

it is beautiful work just dont fuck with the nes lol id take the one with random character over the fancy ones 24/7

damn the more i look at the customs the more and more gross i feel 😬

I think the custom NES's and other consoles are kinda kewl 🙂   I wonder what a nice UK themed one would be like (the university, not the country)?