IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

Just now, ICrappedMyPants said:

I only want this for the docking ability. Then again, I don’t have many Gameboy games and might be better served just sticking with the Super Gameboy and Gameboy player.

Im buying it almost exclusively for game gear, neo pocket and tg-16 (maybe the music recording function too). I have a bunch of the “best” gameboy games, with strong nostalgia attached, but dont really find them fun nowadays. Never got a chance to get into the other libraries though, hoping this will be it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

I only want this for the docking ability. Then again, I don’t have many Gameboy games and might be better served just sticking with the Super Gameboy and Gameboy player.

For me, I am way more interested in getting Lynx and NGPC on the big screen.  Everything else it plays, I already have a good option for playing on big screen.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pendragonx said:

I'm getting 'card is declined' errors .. despite trying multiple cards... anyone else getting that?

edit: I feel like I had this issue last time too

If you are with Bank of America, you might get a fraud warning.  BoA sends me a text, and once I approve the purchase through text, the purchase goes through online.  This has happened with every purchase I've made with Analogue.  Your bank may be similar.  

• Sad 1

@Shmup I know and despite the pandemic in places being mostly a political shit show now and about control, the chip shortage is real unfortunately.

I got in the moment it opened, had about a 5min wait but had some issues with it taking a card for I have no idea why, also helped mega tank got the optional glass and case as they just grabbed it alone.

Shame they don't say which group you're in, and that added up quick as I got the pocket, dock, fast charger, glass and case.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 10:12 PM, Tanooki said:

I got that mail too, kind of tempted but the very wide spread over group A B to C is kind of a put off if you don't get in on the earlier side.  B is a bit far out and C is ridiculous entirely.  Something else in such a time frame could come out making their thing look less worth bothering given the consistent drag out delays.

Also that firmware of theirs is still a mystery if it'll lock out things it doesn't want to officially accept potentially.  I do have a selection of bootleg multicarts I'd want to use on it and it would blow if it kicked them out.

You got an email?  Lucky! 😉

At 11:40 EST my friend texted to ask if I ordered a pocket.  He's into handhelds but knows that I've purchased Analogue's offerings in the past.  I was like, "nope, never had a chance."  The question was strange because I know he'd asked me this before.  Then he tells me preorders went up at 11:00 EST and to quick go order.  I won't be surprised to be in group C and will likely cancel if that's the case.  I've purchased the Super NT, Mega SG, DAC, and Mini NT Noir from them but unfortunately do not appear to be on their notification list at this point (I did receive the July email for the 8/3 preorder).  Oh well.

One thing I'm curious about is how many available units are in groups A & B compared to C.

Administrator · Posted

I'm really curious what other peoples' (rough) order numbers are. I have placed two orders - the first was my order for the Pockets themselves(I ordered 2) which I did as fast as possible so I could get the order in. The second order I placed an hour or so later after I got out of a meeting, and the order was purely for accessories which I don't feel are necessary for my enjoyment of the Pocket out of the gate (a dock, adapter, case, etc.). 

My first order went through at ~8:00 PST and was order #87,---. (87 thousand something something something, for security's sake).

My second order went through at ~12:00 PST and was order #120,---. That's a 33,000 difference. Surely they didn't get 33k orders in an hour... unless?

Anyone else wanna share their (rough!) order numbers? Block out the last 3 digits to remain secure of course, I just wanna know if it's incremental, or more random. It seems incremental, but that's a large number of orders within an hour.

@RusticMeadows Yeah within a week of it going live I was mailed.  I kept the site up since last night so I wouldn't forget while I was working here at home.

@Gloves Those numbers are meaningless.  I've ordered from them twice before and they don't seem to line up with order reality as you noticed.  My order at 15min~ after 8PST was 115917, though the email I got was from like 20min after 8PST.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@Shmup I know and despite the pandemic in places being mostly a political shit show now and about control, the chip shortage is real unfortunately.

I got in the moment it opened, had about a 5min wait but had some issues with it taking a card for I have no idea why, also helped mega tank got the optional glass and case as they just grabbed it alone.

Shame they don't say which group you're in, and that added up quick as I got the pocket, dock, fast charger, glass and case.

I reckon you’ll be in group A if you grabbed it within the first 30mins.

I just grabbed mine but because of the time zone difference I already know I’ll be group B or the more likely C. Oh well I have my upgraded GBA SP to keep me company until I get the pocket.

The international shipping was brutal 😞

• Sad 1

I'm not going to keep spamming this buuuut, if anyone is willing to wait another 2 years for this if you're about to get one, and you happened to also order a GG adapter with it, I'll trade my sealed Solatarobo for your current one is shipping with the current batch to be delivered within the next month or so.

Again, this is the price I'm willing to pay to be impatient.  I'll not post this again.

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

I'm really curious what other peoples' (rough) order numbers are. I have placed two orders - the first was my order for the Pockets themselves(I ordered 2) which I did as fast as possible so I could get the order in. The second order I placed an hour or so later after I got out of a meeting, and the order was purely for accessories which I don't feel are necessary for my enjoyment of the Pocket out of the gate (a dock, adapter, case, etc.). 

My first order went through at ~8:00 PST and was order #87,---. (87 thousand something something something, for security's sake).

My second order went through at ~12:00 PST and was order #120,---. That's a 33,000 difference. Surely they didn't get 33k orders in an hour... unless?

Anyone else wanna share their (rough!) order numbers? Block out the last 3 digits to remain secure of course, I just wanna know if it's incremental, or more random. It seems incremental, but that's a large number of orders within an hour.

It's possible.  The price is pretty good for a piece of boutique, top-notch hardware that is 3-systems-in-one out of the box, and with adapters will be another 3-4 more.

@GlovesIf it helps your research I was in queue to pay @ 12:01 pm AST (8:01 am PST) and checked out completely by 12:06pm/8:06am with order #103XXX. I don't know what the baseline is though, but looking back at all my past orders, the numbers are chronological, so the baseline could very well be from the very first order they ever took. *shrugs*

In any case, in a few days - as the pre-order guidelines state - we should be notified with group placement. Portables are my jam, so getting locked in a checkout loop within the first minute on the first round at the beginning of the year really sucked, but I'm hopeful I won't have to wait until next Christmas to view those sweet, sweet pixels in 1600x1440!

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Pendragonx said:

I'm getting 'card is declined' errors .. despite trying multiple cards... anyone else getting that?

edit: I feel like I had this issue last time too

I'm getting this same issue.  Tried a Discover and Mastercard.  I went on my Discover account and I see a tons of attempted transactions.  This reminds me of trying to order from Terraonion.  You have to call your CC and give permission for the charge because they are not in the US.  I will try that now.

2 hours ago, Shmup said:

I reckon you’ll be in group A if you grabbed it within the first 30mins.

I just grabbed mine but because of the time zone difference I already know I’ll be group B or the more likely C. Oh well I have my upgraded GBA SP to keep me company until I get the pocket.

The international shipping was brutal 😞

You may be right, hope so, as I also have some parts for Mega Tank too I picked up they forgot to grab on their order too. 😄

My plan is simple with this, 99% chance of it never leaving the house, kid gloves when used as a portable.  I got the dock, intend to USE the dock.  When the good adapters start to pop up when the ones I want arrive I'll do another bundle order since they seem to charge flat rate shipping.  Minimally I want the NGPC one and I'd like to invest in some more everdrives given the quality of this piece of hardware and in that case I probably will get the Turbo Everdrive again, and likely the SMS/GG one too as that system is fun but the hardware is a pain.  Lynx is the not sure, there is a kit but I'd need to think hard on that one if it's really worth the bother.

• Like 1