IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

I personally dont see them as equals, or even in same category. Or is it a budget thing?

Just deciding which to get next. I feel like if I were to get the steam deck then I’d probably start using it as my main way of playing a lot of the consoles that are available on the analog though

I don't see any value in the steam deck personally, but I can see why some would.  I'd rather just have another laptop than some halfassed handheld that'll kind of do that too with my steam titles.  Analogue Pocket is a more elegant design, straight forward, but with some really nice optional perks.

43 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I don't see any value in the steam deck personally, but I can see why some would.  I'd rather just have another laptop than some halfassed handheld that'll kind of do that too with my steam titles.  Analogue Pocket is a more elegant design, straight forward, but with some really nice optional perks.

It's a lot harder to take a laptop on the go compared to the Steam Deck. I guess it depends on your lifestyle but I see it similar to the Switch, the portability of it is going to be so useful. Laptop's are heavy and annoying to carry around. 

I know this has largely converted to primarily being about the pocket, this is not.

Have they ever stated a reason why or how long they will be keeping sales cut off for their other hardware that isn't the pocket?  It seems ridiculous that they have it seemingly stuck in limbo until maybe 2023 for group C of pocket!

I want the Mega SG, now more than before as I have a great game that doesn't work right on Nomad(part of a very short list) and I don't want some old rca driven system, modern all the way.  I've written them earlier ago, hoping for a response eventually but I will not pay double to some shark on ebay.

45 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I know this has largely converted to primarily being about the pocket, this is not.

Have they ever stated a reason why or how long they will be keeping sales cut off for their other hardware that isn't the pocket?  It seems ridiculous that they have it seemingly stuck in limbo until maybe 2023 for group C of pocket!

I want the Mega SG, now more than before as I have a great game that doesn't work right on Nomad(part of a very short list) and I don't want some old rca driven system, modern all the way.  I've written them earlier ago, hoping for a response eventually but I will not pay double to some shark on ebay.

Also what the hell is going on with the Duo? It’s like none of their other products exist anymore. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t expect a MegaSG anytime soon. They were up for awhile around August 2021 into September. 2023 for megasg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

Mail call! Interestingly, it's seems I received two different variants (see the screen protector sticker)! Much collectible. 

😄

6 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Left tab draws way more if its wata graded. 

Video game manufacturers: Left side, right side, change the wording a little. No one's going to care about this stuff.

Collectors 30 years later:  I WILL BURN DOWN THE PLANET IF I DON'T GET THE LEFT SIDE -1 REV. B IN A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT ORANGE!!!!1

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Video game manufacturers: Left side, right side, change the wording a little. No one's going to care about this stuff.

Collectors 30 years later:  I WILL BURN DOWN THE PLANET IF I DON'T GET THE LEFT SIDE -1 REV. B IN A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT ORANGE!!!!1

yep and the gameboy silver is a example of that crazy ness...

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Oof two pockets?  I couldn't even get one, until Group B. 😕  Could be worse, C is anytime in 2023.

I do wonder too -- adapters?  NGPC is a must.

I split my order into two buckets, anticipating that "Group 1" would probably disappear incredibly quickly. So I jumped in, grabbed 2 Pockets, and checked out as quickly as possible. I then went back and made another order for all of the accessories I wanted (Dock, etc.). Sure enough, the second order is in "Group 2". 

• Like 1