IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

6 minutes ago, erac said:

Where's the discoloration at the top of the TV from? Is it just the cam, or actually there?

It's just an artifact from the camera. It looks great on the big screen. Extremely sharp and pixel perfect, just like all their other products. The only real downside to the dock is that output options are really limited at launch, although they will be expanded with future firmware updates. It's not a problem for me since I prefer the pixel perfect look over "blended pixel" and fake CRT filters, but your mileage may vary.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• The title was changed to Analogue Update: Pocket Preorders Open ($220, Shipping 2023)
14 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Let's fuckin' goooooooo!

image.png

Nice! Congrats!

I wanted to grab a backup Pocket since these things are so awesome, but was busy in surgery and missed group A. I finally got an order placed about 3 hours later and still managed group B. As long as mine doesn't kick the bucket in the next year, I should be good.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Just got my 2nd order details:

image.png

That's the accessories order, so no big deal. I can stand to not have a dock for a few months, no prob! I'll have to be careful handling the Pocket in the meantime (order 2 also has the screen protector, and case), but I don't think that'll be a problem at all.

13 minutes ago, Gloves said:

image.png

That's the accessories order, so no big deal. I can stand to not have a dock for a few months, no prob! I'll have to be careful handling the Pocket in the meantime (order 2 also has the screen protector, and case), but I don't think that'll be a problem at all.

yep it looks like the had some sort of screwed up ordering system.  my accessories was order at 0824 and i will get that in Q1 of 2022.  will i guess i get the accessories first and just look at the dock and empty case for most of 2022.  🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Edited by JVOSS

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

yep it looks like the had some sort of screwed up ordering system.  my accessories was order at 0824 and i will get that in Q1 of 2022.  will i guess i get the accessories first and just look at the dock and empty case for most of 2022.  🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Mmmmm very interesting. I wonder if there's a specific item in my order that has it held back.

45 minutes ago, Gloves said:

image.png

Fyi, the case is more like a travel case. You can't use it while playing the system. So your Cheetos fingers are gonna be dangerously cheesy no matter what.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was locked in within a few moments of going live, but I sat in the queue for over 5 minutes at least, cleared with the checkmark by the 20min mark and got stuffed into group B and I'm not thankful, I'm kind of pissed.

Got in within moments, queue rotted, then got benched to wait a year.

I've been reading many people comparing notes and it almost skirts the line of having paid within minutes or almost being semi-random within the first 15-30min of orders or so...it's odd, reading facebook, reddit, etc.  There's a lot of angry people in group B who figured they'd be in A that may be as much to fault on their stuffing people into queues as to having a card process.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I was locked in within a few moments of going live, but I sat in the queue for over 5 minutes at least, cleared with the checkmark by the 20min mark and got stuffed into group B and I'm not thankful, I'm kind of pissed.

Got in within moments, queue rotted, then got benched to wait a year.

I've been reading many people comparing notes and it almost skirts the line of having paid within minutes or almost being semi-random within the first 15-30min of orders or so...it's odd, reading facebook, reddit, etc.  There's a lot of angry people in group B who figured they'd be in A that may be as much to fault on their stuffing people into queues as to having a card process.

i like the fact the it was just a random as hell and the Analogue was not ready for the amount of people that wanted this.

They should have just waffled and kicked the can into next year as this is an infuriating mess for most interested parties which won't work well for them pissing off their core consumers.  This isn't a company or set of devices random joe shmo off the street is going to care paying up that much for things.

59 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I dont know. In my opinion they handled it about as well as they could of especially with a chip shortage. Nice staggered pre orders with hard limits. 

Not sure how analogue could have done better, other than have a billion units available ready to ship on day 1. 

Agreed. I knew there wasn’t much chance of me getting in group A because of my time difference so I’m happy I got in group B at least.

Wish I didn’t have to wait, but patience is the name of the game in this chip shortage world. 

The good thing about this approach is everyone who wants one will get one. The only people paying the scalper price are the impatient ones.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...