IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

2 hours ago, JVOSS said:

AND,  your review of this is??? it's killing me i was able to get in on the first wave for the second presale.

Unfortunately it arrived on the worst day possible.  I'm super busy at work.  I worked until Midnight last night and it will be pretty late tonight.  If I'm done early enough I will open it, but it might not happen until tomorrow.  

46 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Unfortunately it arrived on the worst day possible.  I'm super busy at work.  I worked until Midnight last night and it will be pretty late tonight.  If I'm done early enough I will open it, but it might not happen until tomorrow.  

cool looking to your review of this when you can. 

3 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I think the consensus is clear. The Analogue pocket is a pointless waste of time, it's the Analogue VB3D we are all REALLY waiting for! 😍

Love the sarcasm, but it would be utterly hilarious and amusing to me if they did a VB game adapter.  I'd so buy that.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do much with it last night due to my work load, but with the very little time I got to play it, I'm very happy with it.  Everything feels very solid.  When you insert a game, it doesn't feel like it goes in very far, but when the game is in place, it's very solid.  Same with the dock.  The Pocket feels very supported when in the Dock.  PS4 controller support works well and can be used to turn the system on when it's hooked up to the TV.  I got to play a little of Link's Awakening DX and Mario vs Donkey Kong.  That's about all I have for now.  I haven't had any time to mess with settings yet, but the default image looks fantastic.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Unfortunately, I couldn't do much with it last night due to my work load, but with the very little time I got to play it, I'm very happy with it.  Everything feels very solid.  When you insert a game, it doesn't feel like it goes in very far, but when the game is in place, it's very solid.  Same with the dock.  The Pocket feels very supported when in the Dock.  PS4 controller support works well and can be used to turn the system on when it's hooked up to the TV.  I got to play a little of Link's Awakening DX and Mario vs Donkey Kong.  That's about all I have for now.  I haven't had any time to mess with settings yet, but the default image looks fantastic.  

Thanks. i have been looking for a replacement for a while and the thought of being able to use on a big screen. was the real reason to get this.  this is going to be fun....

Edited by JVOSS

Got it!!

9C2E8EBD-7EDA-430B-85D2-83AE0E754CA1.jpeg.bb25f336775573f2de0d2b0df94cb569.jpeg

All of my Gameboy and GBA are packed away in the depths of my closet at the moment and the only thing I could reach was Kirby’s Dream Land that I “recently” acquired.  The screen is super sharp. After I feed the kids their dinner I should have some time to update the firmwares and try out the dock. 

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

6 minutes ago, Jicsan said:

Got it!!

9C2E8EBD-7EDA-430B-85D2-83AE0E754CA1.jpeg.bb25f336775573f2de0d2b0df94cb569.jpeg

All of my Gameboy and GBA are packed away in the depths of my closet at the moment and the only thing I could reach was Kirby’s Dream Land that I “recently” acquired.  The screen is super sharp. After I feed the kids their dinner I should have some time to update the firmwares and try out the dock. 

this can be displayed on any hdmi screen?  via the docking station?

3 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

this can be displayed on any hdmi screen?  via the docking station?

Yes. The dock charges and has hdmi out. It has its on firmware too that you update with a usb thumb drive. You can use Bluetooth controllers and a future firmware is supposed to let you use wired usb controllers with the dock. 

Edited by Jicsan
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

So far I've only ran into two minor issues.

• First - It doesn't play well with my HDMI auto switcher.  There is a very high chance that this is not an issue with the Dock itself.  I've never had much luck with auto switchers and the ONLY reason I'm using the HDMI auto switcher is because I'm using a temporary A/V setup in my basement while I'm in the process of finishing the basement.  I eventually got out my more robust HDMI switcher that uses manual selecting and no more issues.  My auto switcher is a cheaper model and will not have any part in my final A/V setup when my basement is complete.

• Second - The menu for the dock is just slightly cut off by my TV screen.  I can still read and see everything, but the cutoff is noticeable.  It does not effect gameplay in any way. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the Pocket or my TV.  My TV is a super old 720p LCD and I'm only using it as a temporary setup for the same reasons mentioned above (basement construction).  None of the settings on the TV seem to fix it, and none of the video settings on the Dock that I've seen effect the menu screen size (only the gameplay screen size).  When I have time, I'm going to plug the Dock into one of my newer HD TVs in another room and see if I still have the issue.  I'm guessing the problem is with the TV.  

5 hours ago, Jicsan said:

After I feed the kids their dinner I should have some time to update the firmwares and try out the dock. 

Damn kids... 😒 Always begging for food and saying "I'm hungry" "I'm cold" "when's mom coming home"! 😩

It's like, change the record you know! I fed you yesterday, what do you want from me?! 😠 I mean... I THINK it was yesterday... Leave daddy ALONE he's playing Kirby! 😤

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh WOW!!! I was not expecting this boys!!!

I was just on my way back to my school from brunch, when I decided to pop into the local junk store to see what was up... I don't know how this happened, but someone must have donated a fuggin ANALOGUE POCKET!!!!

32890.jpg.a941984bc14c7c4eba51b344e20f446a.jpg

Can you believe they were selling this for less than ten US Dollars?! Let's take a closer look! 😉

32883.jpg.3dfd4d1301f340f2827ca9b3cfd02b1d.jpg

You gotta love the minimalist packaging and classy visual design Analogue are known for! Included in the box is the Analogue Pocket itself, a charging cable for the built in lithium battery, as well as an extra controller which I presume is for use in docked mode.

32889.thumb.jpg.bf43cd88a71d07c90887223eb72d49fe.jpg

Turning the machine on and taking it in hand, the unit is SLIGHTLY cheaper feeling than I expected for a premium 200 dollar plus product... The buttons feel spongy and unresponsive... ODD... 😕 

However, the screen is indeed massive, sharp and bright, as I was expecting! And there is a handy menu screen to choose your language right off the bat, although strangely I was unable to access any of the more advanced menu settings. I am assuming these will be available after I update the firmware! 😅

32888.thumb.jpg.6fd90df051d23a5c9b0a6c8d453bb543.jpg

Moving around the unit, we can see the access panel for easy battery replacement, as well as the power switch, USB input for charging and controller, and importantly the docking port... OH YES!!! That reminds me!!! Not only did someone donate the Analogue Pocket itself, but they also INCLUDED THE FUGGIN DOCK FREE OF CHARGE!!! 🤩 🤯

32881.jpg.5c9390453c95200390058db428dfc31a.jpg

Unfortunately, I have to say, I feel as though the designers at Analogue could have perhaps done with a few more months of development on the dock design. I don't really appreciate the taped up junk-store cable aesthetic, and the fact it is just bunched up and bulging out the box, as though someone just chucked it in there...

32880.jpg.d37c3c13aad35714db2671f721f56179.jpg

I mean, don't get me wrong, it WORKS, you plug it in to the docking port on the top of the unit and it comes up on your TV... But mono composite out? In 2021? Disappointing showing from Analogue here, if I'm being honest. 😔

There is ONE more issue I have been having with the system as well, which is there doesn't SEEM to be any way to insert a game cartridge... I am assuming I am missing the appropriate adaptor, so I may have to order one of those from Analogue after all!!!

However, in the meantime those great folks at Analogue haven't left me hanging... I'm not sure why this hasn't been more widely advertised, but the KILLER feature for me is, wait for it, FIVE HUNDRED BUILT IN GAMES!!!!!! 😍

32887.thumb.jpg.de2761999af2b2cbae9c45152d3791ff.jpg

All the classics are here, Mario 1, Mario 2, Mario 9... Mario 16...

32884.thumb.jpg.198c5b4a4575a4b7afe73a09d0878609.jpg

I mean, man I have NO IDEA how they managed to legally licence up to 500 of the best NES and Famicom games for this system, I mean, Mario, Megaman, Contra, Turtles, Batman, they're ALL HERE!!! Not only that, but to include them all free of charge and not even mention them in any of their marketing materials, or anything?! All I can say is BRAVO Analogue you've really gone above and beyond this time!!! 😊

All in all I am SUPER thrilled to have managed to snag one of the hottest gaming items around this Xmas season, and at a FRACTION of the listed cost! I REALLY hope all you guys get your units in soon, and can join in the fun, even at full price I would recommend the Analogue Pocket wholeheartedly to one and all, it really IS fantastic!!! 😉

Oh, and guess what...

32877.jpg.4eb0736a540fbb2ae8e3e203b327982f.jpg

I ALSO picked up an Analogue NT MINI while I was there! 😛 🤣

• Haha 8

Administrator · Posted
20 minutes ago, Pendragonx said:

Wow... After FOUR FRICK'N days of trying, Analogue's payment processor was finally able to process my order

Got stuck in 'Group C' of course.. *sigh* .. At least I won't get shafted with ebay reseller prices trying to buy one in the future ..  Man, what a sh!tshow that was

How do you know which group you're in? I've not received any notification at all yet, despite being surely among the first to place an order.

E: I only see that they announced that most everyone who ordered on the 14th is in Group A/B. 

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

How do you know which group you're in? I've not received any notification at all yet, despite being surely among the first to place an order.

E: I only see that they announced that most everyone who ordered on the 14th is in Group A/B. 

Easy -- it says on the ordering page now "group c" ... also ..Analogue's twitter account said the same