IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

Events Helper · Posted
5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Wow the one thing more elusive than the so called going to ship Pocket, the optout SuperNT of mystery.  I guess now anything is possible.

would be great if @OptOut shipped it back to me lol.  it's OK little nt, you are home now, I just had to send you to see the world and my bestest pal😆

52 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

would be great if @OptOut shipped it back to me lol.  it's OK little nt, you are home now, I just had to send you to see the world and my bestest pal😆

You know, after all it's been through, I'm thinking of holding on to the little guy for a while! 😊

If I ever do think about passing it on, I'll let you know... It WOULD be pretty hilarious if I ended up shipping it back to you after everything, lol! 😂

• Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, OptOut said:

You know, after all it's been through, I'm thinking of holding on to the little guy for a while! 😊

If I ever do think about passing it on, I'll let you know... It WOULD be pretty hilarious if I ended up shipping it back to you after everything, lol! 😂

no worries, but let me know if u decide 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeevan said:

no worries, but let me know if u decide 😉

Keep in mind when he does, expect to get it around 6mo after shipment, once it has visited at least a half dozen countries and countless facilities and transports, so in the end it will look like one of those well traveled pieces of luggage from an old cartoon.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I'd agree with that, still kind of tempted by the Pocket despite what other things I have.  I do have questions since they're making that firmware for it now if it'll block things I'd be displeased by.

I want the Mega SG but couldn't get one, tried to trade for like 6mo my 2nd SuperNT, gave up and sold the stupid thing on ebay last week.

Pocket Preorders will be back up 12/14 at 8AM PST.  

Unfortunately, the pricing is going up, but they are saying that there will be multiple orders spread out over the next two years so that essentially, anyone who wants one should eventually be able to get one.  

As far as I can tell, no new news about the planned adapters that haven't been given a pre-order yet.  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 1

I got that mail too, kind of tempted but the very wide spread over group A B to C is kind of a put off if you don't get in on the earlier side.  B is a bit far out and C is ridiculous entirely.  Something else in such a time frame could come out making their thing look less worth bothering given the consistent drag out delays.

Also that firmware of theirs is still a mystery if it'll lock out things it doesn't want to officially accept potentially.  I do have a selection of bootleg multicarts I'd want to use on it and it would blow if it kicked them out.

22 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Pocket Preorders will be back up 12/14 at 8AM PST.  

Unfortunately, the pricing is going up, but they are saying that there will be multiple orders spread out over the next two years so that essentially, anyone who wants one should eventually be able to get one.  

As far as I can tell, no new news about the planned adapters that haven't been given a pre-order yet.  

The best part is they're still projecting the first batch to ship early 2022. I'll update OP and title.

• The title was changed to Analogue Update: MORE POCKET PREORDERS ($219) Open Dec 14th at 11a EST/8a PST; Original Pocket Orders Shipping Dec 13th!
1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

Have they mentioned anything about the tg-16 adapter for the pocket? The last stuff i saw said “coming 2021” but not sure how up to date that is. 

It's been nothing but radio silence on adapters. I'm not even sure if they're going to restock the Game Gear one.

• Like 1

Shame, makes you wonder what the deal is because they really need to be more responsible on keeping people in the loop. Even if there's little/no news, at least maybe quarterly say as much it's up in the air.

Had this thing come out as it was supposed to, and I had got it, I would have kept my pc everdrive and used that adapter on the thing for TG/PCE stuff as it would be a far far better experience than an old PCE GT would ever be.

I'm in...depending.

I guess some might call it impatience, but I'd call it unreasonable to pay and wait from very long to excessively stupid time.  If getting into group A works, that is great. But with Group B having them make you wait a year, and C if the spread is anything similar, nearly 2 years to get a return on your up front payment -- that's kind of bullshit.

I can see this turning into a scalpers wet dream given the mass coverage from gaming media which they typically haven't seen so much of which will turn even more onto trying to rush the gate.

47 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I'm in...depending.

I guess some might call it impatience, but I'd call it unreasonable to pay and wait from very long to excessively stupid time.  If getting into group A works, that is great. But with Group B having them make you wait a year, and C if the spread is anything similar, nearly 2 years to get a return on your up front payment -- that's kind of bullshit.

I can see this turning into a scalpers wet dream given the mass coverage from gaming media which they typically haven't seen so much of which will turn even more onto trying to rush the gate.

I would normally agree but I think this approach is the most fairest they can offer considering the environment we're currently in. The chip shortage is still ongoing (I've been waiting for a new microwave for like 3 weeks now).

They are opening pre orders to 2 per person so there shouldn't really be any scalping because everyone will have a chance to get it, just your wait time might be longer than someone else. Considering I wait almost a year for LRG switch games I'm willing to wait for this device, the reviews sound great. 

2 hours ago, Shmup said:

I would normally agree but I think this approach is the most fairest they can offer considering the environment we're currently in. The chip shortage is still ongoing (I've been waiting for a new microwave for like 3 weeks now).

They are opening pre orders to 2 per person so there shouldn't really be any scalping because everyone will have a chance to get it, just your wait time might be longer than someone else. Considering I wait almost a year for LRG switch games I'm willing to wait for this device, the reviews sound great. 

I want to agree, but I can't, that's just too long looking at 1-2 years potentially out depending the when of 2023.  And sure they are limited to 2 I knew that, but that's assuming that any buyer would want to keep one or both of them.  Many these days don't care about games, gaming, collecting, they're looking for the next way to take advantage of others.  I would bet a good number of them one if not both will end up for sale likely at 3-5x the MSRP.

29 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I want to agree, but I can't, that's just too long looking at 1-2 years potentially out depending the when of 2023.  And sure they are limited to 2 I knew that, but that's assuming that any buyer would want to keep one or both of them.  Many these days don't care about games, gaming, collecting, they're looking for the next way to take advantage of others.  I would bet a good number of them one if not both will end up for sale likely at 3-5x the MSRP.

Well there’s really no alternative. If people want one the best idea is to pre order tomorrow. I’ll be doing that and I’m not phased about waiting even if I get the C group.

The alternative is to not buy it, which is also fine, but I want one. I can only guess that after this pre order people will have to wait until late next year for a pre order.

Not much else the company can do when we’re in a global chip shortage and a pandemic. 

• Agree 1