IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

Anyone else having issues getting Game Gear games to run on the pocket through the Game Gear adaptor? First time I tried it out when I first got the system it worked fine, but yesterday I tried to play a few of my Game Gear games, and basically they were all borked. Some of the games wouldn't load at all, others would load with glitched out graphics and would hang on the title screen. No matter how much I jiggled or re-inserted the carts I couldn't get them to work, tried about 5 or 6 different games with the same result.

And, yeah, before anyone asks, the carts are clean, and I have had no problems playing any of my Game Boy games etc. I looked around a bit online and people are saying the GG adaptor is finicky, so I guess I got a dud on my hands?

17 hours ago, OptOut said:

Anyone else having issues getting Game Gear games to run on the pocket through the Game Gear adaptor? First time I tried it out when I first got the system it worked fine, but yesterday I tried to play a few of my Game Gear games, and basically they were all borked. Some of the games wouldn't load at all, others would load with glitched out graphics and would hang on the title screen. No matter how much I jiggled or re-inserted the carts I couldn't get them to work, tried about 5 or 6 different games with the same result.

And, yeah, before anyone asks, the carts are clean, and I have had no problems playing any of my Game Boy games etc. I looked around a bit online and people are saying the GG adaptor is finicky, so I guess I got a dud on my hands?

I can’t say.  I refuse to let myself play anything else until I beat FF VI and, well… it’s like I’m allergic to this game.

But after that I want to play through some GG games on my Pocket with the adapter.

I do know that of the several tests I’ve ran on it, it’s been fine.  Have you updated your Pocket firmware lately? Maybe that it.

4 hours ago, RH said:

I can’t say.  I refuse to let myself play anything else until I beat FF VI and, well… it’s like I’m allergic to this game.

But after that I want to play through some GG games on my Pocket with the adapter.

I do know that of the several tests I’ve ran on it, it’s been fine.  Have you updated your Pocket firmware lately? Maybe that it.

I haven't updated it to the latest firmware that came out recently, but I did update the firmware to whatever the latest one was when I got it. The Game Gear games I tried at that time, the first time, ran without issue, but now nothing does.

It's okay though, I'm ordering a modified OG Game Gear with fresh caps and a new screen to serve my GG needs, I'll keep the pocket just for GB/GBC/GBA stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Jicsan said:

Here's a video on how to do get it up and going, plus links in the description for where to download it.  I messed around with it last night and so far it works perfectly.

What I'd like to know is to whom I can send my Duo so that they can do their stuff and I can play my Turbo Everdrive on it 🙂

11 hours ago, avatar! said:

What I'd like to know is to whom I can send my Duo so that they can do their stuff and I can play my Turbo Everdrive on it 🙂

The point of this is your Turbo Everdrive becomes not needed. You just play the same Roms from the SD card. I can jailbreak it for you and once you get it back you just have to move your roms to the SD card. Which you obtained through completely legal means. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 11:21 AM, TDIRunner said:

The jailbreak news is great, especially since I could not get my Everdrive to work, even after removing the protective cover.  I'll try to mess with it later this week.  

I thought about getting a turbo everdrive. Good to know it doesn't work... or I should say, it's unfortuante it doesn't work -- I had heard it did 😕

7 hours ago, avatar! said:

I thought about getting a turbo everdrive. Good to know it doesn't work... or I should say, it's unfortuante it doesn't work -- I had heard it did 😕

There are multiple versions of the Turbo Everdrive.  I don't recall the version I have off the top of my head, but I almost certainly have the oldest model.  It was the first Everdrive I bought a very long time ago.  

I know for a fact that some versions of the Turbo Everdrive work as I've seen them being used on YouTube.  So don't base your purchase decision just off my experience.  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Thanks 1

Some good news and some bad news.

All of the Analogue Pocket adapters work well with their respective games.  Playing original Neo Geo Pocket Color carts on my HD TV has been a dream for a long time, and they look absolutely fantastic with the Analogue Pocket.  Lynx also works well, although I'm not as into those games compared to NGPC.  Everything seems to work well with ORIGINAL game carts.  Please note, that you will need updated firmware for the Pocket to recognize the new adapters.  Each adapter has different settings for audio, video, controls and everything else.  The quality of the adapters themselves seem on par with previous releases.  

Unfortunately, the bad news is that I've having mixed results with my flash carts.

• NGPC - My flash cart was working great.  No issues so far.
  • Game Gear - My flash cart was working great.  No issues so far.
  • TG-16 - My flash cart would only play the game that was currently flashed to the flash cart.  The game plays perfectly, but I cannot find a way to get back to the Everdrive menu.  Hitting the reset button just goes to a blank screen.  If I close out the cartridge from the Pocket menu and reopen the game, it goes straight into the game that was previously flashed.   I could always put my ED into my Duo R and flash a different game, and then put it back into the Pocket, but obviously that is not ideal.
  • Lynx - My flash cart will not work at all.  I'm only getting a screen that says error.  To clarify, it's playing original Lynx cards just fine.  It's only the flash cart that isn't working.  I also put the flash cart into my model 2 Lynx to confirm it's working, and it plays just fine on the original hardware.

So two flash cart work perfectly.  One sort of works, but not in the intended way, and another doesn't work at all.  I've confirmed that I have the latest firmware, but outside of that I haven't done much troubleshooting yet.  I have a feeling that the issues with my Turbo Everdrive are related to the fact that it's a very old version (possibly the original) and that ED doesn't work on my Analogue Duo either.  I have no idea why the Lynx GameDrive doesn't work, and I haven't had any time to check into the forums to see if anyone else if having the same issue.  If I learn anything else, I will update here.  

Anyone else tested these yet?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else have the Analogue Duo and have problems ejecting CDs? Like I press the eject button and it sounds like it is doing something and the disc never comes out. Even when I can get it to pop out a little it never comes out more than a tiny bit? Google says other people are having the same issue and having to employ workarounds to….eject a cd? What a total fail 

• Sad 3

It's sad and strange.  They were doing well, then with the debacle with the not working correctly pocket dock, and now all the problems with both period stuff (CD issues like yours, there's a few) and then oversized HuCards like a couple of the fat ones, accessories, and the modern everdrives not fitting in either it's like they wanted to screw this up as badly as possible at both ends and succeeded.

Also as of now, 3 days later, they still can't sell through that restock of the pocket either, at least in black.  They used to fly quickly...I think trust is broken.

Edited by Tanooki

On 4/1/2024 at 2:51 PM, a3quit4s said:

Anyone else have the Analogue Duo and have problems ejecting CDs? Like I press the eject button and it sounds like it is doing something and the disc never comes out. Even when I can get it to pop out a little it never comes out more than a tiny bit? Google says other people are having the same issue and having to employ workarounds to….eject a cd? What a total fail 

Just an update to this - a firmware update was posted on 3/29 that seems to resolve this although I dunno I still think it acts janky but definitely better than before. 

Keep your firmware up to date kids

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I'm asking this yet how things changed..., but, does anyone have the dock and ran the March 1st update?  The line that update is kind of fuzzy in how you read it.

Did they finally after like 3 years fix the dock so that it saves your aspect ratio/display settings so the GB/GBC games aren't cropped by default at the top and bottom?