IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

1 hour ago, LaC said:

I'm getting this same issue.  Tried a Discover and Mastercard.  I went on my Discover account and I see a tons of attempted transactions.  This reminds me of trying to order from Terraonion.  You have to call your CC and give permission for the charge because they are not in the US.  I will try that now.

Any luck? Been trying all day .. multiple cards, multiple computers, multiple networks ... no luck sofar

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

If you are talking about flash carts, Lynx has one made by Retro HQ and his stuff is on par with the Everdrive brand (if not better).  

Yup I am, and that's entirely who I was thinking of as well.  I used to chit chat with the guy online some time back when he was brewing up the original kit for NGPC and was one of the first to receive that.  He has some unique kits with that and Jaguar as well, and now that they're peddled domestically easily through SAG it's not a hard thing to get hands on.  That's why I'm even considering Lynx, not much of an investment other than what... $110~ roughly I think between kit and adapter, well more I'm out of spare cards but that's a small library and a super cheap chip.

If I went all in I see it as such;

Pocket native = Have Omega + ED GB
GG/SMS = $125
PCE = $80
NGPC = OWN IT ($0)
Lynx = $95

It's a little bit of an up front hit, figuring $10/ea for the basic 8GB card they supply for another $30 on top of $300 in kits.

But given how sick the market is and could just probably stay, it's a money saving bonanza avoiding the thirsty beast.

Edited by Tanooki

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

I'm really curious what other peoples' (rough) order numbers are. I have placed two orders - the first was my order for the Pockets themselves(I ordered 2) which I did as fast as possible so I could get the order in. The second order I placed an hour or so later after I got out of a meeting, and the order was purely for accessories which I don't feel are necessary for my enjoyment of the Pocket out of the gate (a dock, adapter, case, etc.). 

My first order went through at ~8:00 PST and was order #87,---. (87 thousand something something something, for security's sake).

My second order went through at ~12:00 PST and was order #120,---. That's a 33,000 difference. Surely they didn't get 33k orders in an hour... unless?

Anyone else wanna share their (rough!) order numbers? Block out the last 3 digits to remain secure of course, I just wanna know if it's incremental, or more random. It seems incremental, but that's a large number of orders within an hour.

I did the same as you.  Just wanted to get the Pocket order in asap, 87k ( close to 11:01-2, was half asleep ), then went back for extras and my debit got blocked out but put it on another one for #117k.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Yup I am, and that's entirely who I was thinking of as well.  I used to chit chat with the guy online some time back when he was brewing up the original kit for NGPC and was one of the first to receive that.  He has some unique kits with that and Jaguar as well, and now that they're peddled domestically easily through SAG it's not a hard thing to get hands on.  That's why I'm even considering Lynx, not much of an investment other than what... $110~ roughly I think between kit and adapter, well more I'm out of spare cards but that's a small library and a super cheap chip.

If I went all in I see it as such;

Pocket native = Have Omega + ED GB
GG/SMS = $125
PCE = $80
NGPC = OWN IT ($0)
Lynx = $95

It's a little bit of an up front hit, figuring $10/ea for the basic 8GB card they supply for another $30 on top of $300 in kits.

But given how sick the market is and could just probably stay, it's a money saving bonanza avoiding the thirsty beast.

I own one of each of Retro HQ's products along with an Everdrive for each console available.

I used to own a Flash Masta for NGPC, but the lack of an SD card was not ideal. I sold it when the Retro HQ model was released. 

11 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I own one of each of Retro HQ's products along with an Everdrive for each console available.

I used to own a Flash Masta for NGPC, but the lack of an SD card was not ideal. I sold it when the Retro HQ model was released. 

I did the same with the Flashboy for Virtual Boy, it was utterly aggravating having to falsely pad out each rom to fit a 32mb space, then it would creep along to slowly load ONE and only one game to the thing.  I got fed up with it and sold it to someone willing to deal with that.  Whenever mellott gets his hyperboy project done that can fast flash stuff with sd storage I'll bother then considering how bad the JP cart prices are.

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Just send it to @Jeevan, you'll get it... eventually! 🤣

Would that work out cheaper though? I paid $90us for the pocket, dock and adapter which I think will be for FedEx.

I don’t know how much that would cost to get to Jeevan but from the US to me that would probably be around $70us via USPS so probably not too much difference. 

1 minute ago, Shmup said:

Would that work out cheaper though? I paid $90us for the pocket, dock and adapter which I think will be for FedEx.

I don’t know how much that would cost to get to Jeevan but from the US to me that would probably be around $70us via USPS so probably not too much difference. 

If that's the only thing you want, then maybe not. But I always make sure to send Jeevy a BUNCH of stuff for him to lose in the mail for me, so I can compound my losses! 😉

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, OptOut said:

Virtual Boy is probably the most underrated system around tbh. TONS of good games if you give em a chance!

Some people just hate because years of misinformation, trending proven lies, etc.  I don't think the stigma will ever go away when people find it easier to take shots.  It may just have 14 US games, but of those, really just ONE is utterly crap, baseball and even in perspective to crap, it's average and somehow really could have been notably worse.

The thing is, Wario, Mario, Teleroboxing, Red Alarm, Galactic Pinball, Jack Bros, Nesters Funky Bowling, they're great, even the quirky 3D Tetris too.  Waterworld is a take it or leave it badly used movie license game that is kind of a wanna be tower defense/robotron style game which works great.  There are a few average games I guess, but largely the games are great and those idiots threw away a good window of opportunity not re-working them for the 3DS when they had the chance for 3D VB downloads.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

It looks like they are shipping out of Chino, California which is about six hours away from where I am so it’s shipping interstate for me. 

Where are you located?

North Carolina. They quoted Dec 14th to Dec 30th as arrival times, so maybe I just ended up in a later wave.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Some people just hate because years of misinformation, trending proven lies, etc.  I don't think the stigma will ever go away when people find it easier to take shots.  It may just have 14 US games, but of those, really just ONE is utterly crap, baseball and even in perspective to crap, it's average and somehow really could have been notably worse.

The thing is, Wario, Mario, Teleroboxing, Red Alarm, Galactic Pinball, Jack Bros, Nesters Funky Bowling, they're great, even the quirky 3D Tetris too.  Waterworld is a take it or leave it badly used movie license game that is kind of a wanna be tower defense/robotron style game which works great.  There are a few average games I guess, but largely the games are great and those idiots threw away a good window of opportunity not re-working them for the 3DS when they had the chance for 3D VB downloads.

I tried the Virtual Boy at Circuit City. It was some tennis game. I thought it was shit back then. I was 11 at the time and had zero desire to buy it. That really hasn’t changed besides for completion sake.

1 hour ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

I tried the Virtual Boy at Circuit City. It was some tennis game. I thought it was shit back then. I was 11 at the time and had zero desire to buy it. That really hasn’t changed besides for completion sake.

That's funny because I LOVED it.  I mean, I didn't think I was playing with the future or anything.  I could tell it was two red VFDs and felt like two backlit GBs duct-taped together, but I still loved playing the space game that was one demo.  I hate tennis though, so I'd probably had the same opinion of that was my option.  Seriously, why does Tennis of all games get so much love generation after generation from Nintendo.

Edited by RH

1 hour ago, RH said:

That's funny because I LOVED it.  I mean, I didn't think I was playing with the future or anything.  I could tell it was two red VFDs and felt like two backlit GBs duct-taped together, but I still loved playing the space game that was one demo.  I hate tennis though, so I'd probably had the same opinion of that was my option.  Seriously, why does Tennis of all games get so much love generation after generation from Nintendo.

Its basically pong with better graphics

3 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

North Carolina. They quoted Dec 14th to Dec 30th as arrival times, so maybe I just ended up in a later wave.

A couple of my other orders have said that postal service is delayed due to weather so that might be why they are giving themselves such a wide target

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

3 hours ago, RH said:

What wunderful there said, it's Mario Pong basically.  It was a pack-in tech demo more than a game.  I mean it's good, but it's so thin and devoid of any real options it's a very short term use game and not a great one for actual play for very long.  I probably would have felt bad too if that was my only experience.

Back in the day I got one.  I had Tennis, Red Alarm(Starfox clone), Mario Clash, 3D-Tetris, Wario Land, Galactic Pinball, Teleroboxer, imported V-Tetris and that's probably it.  A decade ago I got a local(to then) second one, but it was before people could fix them, one of the eyes glue crapped out so I dumped it cheap with the games I had that time, largely the same but also had Space Squash(the only one I don't have back still), and the rest of the US games except Waterworld and Jack Bros.  Now I have a solder fixed one, full set, plus street fighter 2 hyper fighting port and the finished unreleased bound high.  I've used the other JP games in emulation, most of them are pretty nice, v-lab is utter crap though, and their bowling game was superior.

• Like 1