IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

Public transportation here has gone to back door boarding only and there is no fee to ride. They are also about to go to holiday schedule. That will completely erase one of the routes I use to get to my job. 
Almost every time I get on a bus now, there is 2-3 homeless people laying out on many seats. Not leaving a whole lotta room to stay the fuck away from people. Also noticed a lot of people getting on for one stop. ONE FUCKING STOP! 

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, Scrobins said:

There’s also the legislation that excused payments on student loans held by the Dept of Ed. As someone with that kind of debt and enrolled in the public service loan forgiveness program and on income-based repayment, the idea of that kind of relief is appealing but I’m hesitant to make use of it because even though they say I’ll get credit for those months either way, I’m afraid that when I finally hit the ten-year mark down the line they’ll say these were missed payments and that I’m not eligible for forgiveness.

I am continuing payments on my loans even tho. I am slightly ahead and there is no interest right now.  I would for sure continue paying but that is me.

Moderator · Posted
8 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I am continuing payments on my loans even tho. I am slightly ahead and there is no interest right now.  I would for sure continue paying but that is me.

That’s my instinct too, but the notion that I might be able to dig myself out of credit card debt a little faster is so tempting.

6 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Public transportation here has gone to back door boarding only and there is no fee to ride. They are also about to go to holiday schedule. That will completely erase one of the routes I use to get to my job. 
Almost every time I get on a bus now, there is 2-3 homeless people laying out on many seats. Not leaving a whole lotta room to stay the fuck away from people. Also noticed a lot of people getting on for one stop. ONE FUCKING STOP! 

One of the many things I don't miss from my working days is riding the bus home - it was a never ending adventure of high weirdness.  I particularly dreaded snow storms since I would usually take the west colfax bus since it ran more often than the 20 (which I normally took).

The colfax buses are known as the zoo buses for a reason!

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
10 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Our county's public transportation requires anybody getting on to wear a mask, or they won't let you on.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Deadeye said:

Leave our state out of this.  Unless you are talking about Bergen County blue laws, those are ridiculous. 

No idea what county it was, but my cousin and I had to go to three separate stores to buy beer, liquor, and his Kodiak.

Ohio is a one stop shop for that shit, and if you want less than 42 proof booze that shop can be a grocery store.

P.S.- Let people pump their own gas and make left hand turns.  WTF

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

No idea what county it was, but my cousin and I had to go to three separate stores to buy beer, liquor, and his Kodiak.

Ohio is a one stop shop for that shit, and if you want less than 42 proof booze that shop can be a grocery store.

I knew they didn't let people pump their own gas (i.e. a jobs program masquerading as a safety issue) -- but didn't know they restricted left-hand turns -- is that for real?

EDIT:  though in VA, you're making two stops to get beer (grocery store or convenience store) and liquor (state-run ABC store)

What honestly irks me is traveling to states where they can't sell beer and wine at the grocery store and I have to find the local liquor store to buy beer.  WAY easier to just pick it up with some groceries.

Edited by arch_8ngel

Homebrew Team · Posted
33 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Liquor licenses are weird in NJ

- Bars and Liquors Stores: Can sell everything.  Bars can be open until 2am

- Grocery Stores / Convenience stores: Beer and Wine only

- Restaurants: BYOB or full bar* with license

- Bergen County Blue Laws: No liquor sales on Sunday

* Fixed amount and they vary by population.  They go for private sale from owner to owner or for lease.  Price varies by area, but can go for $1M +

Administrator · Posted
51 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I knew they didn't let people pump their own gas (i.e. a jobs program masquerading as a safety issue) -- but didn't know they restricted left-hand turns -- is that for real?

Where we were, you either had to take an "exit" that curved around to make your left, or you had to bust a u-turn.

41 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Liquor licenses are weird in NJ

- Bars and Liquors Stores: Can sell everything.  Bars can be open until 2am

- Grocery Stores / Convenience stores: Beer and Wine only

- Restaurants: BYOB or full bar* with license

- Bergen County Blue Laws: No liquor sales on Sunday

* Fixed amount and they vary by population.  They go for private sale from owner to owner or for lease.  Price varies by area, but can go for $1M +

We have some blue laws here too (depends on the county).   My uncle from Florida was perplexed he couldn't get beer on a Sunday near my Grandma's house.   I can still hear his "WHAT THE FUCK IS A BLUE LAW?!?!" response in my head.

You know, when I got to go to Florida with my HS baseball team back in 1999, I couldn't get over how weird those U-turns at the intersections looked (I forget if it was at GA, FL, or both) to someone who to this day has never lived anywhere outside KY (and my time at UK was the only time I ever lived outside my home county).  Remember this was long before we could just go on YouTube or something and just see wherever whenever we wanted (sure didn't take long for the "future year" 2000 to now seem so primitive in so many ways, huh?).  Shoot there are people who record entire road trips on YouTube!!

Edited by Estil

2 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Where we were, you either had to take an "exit" that curved around to make your left, or you had to bust a u-turn.

Lol, that exit is called a jug-handle. Left turns are way more dangerous than right turns.

Edited by BriGuy82
Don't want to get political.
  • Like 2

For awhile now at my house we’ve been working on an ongoing coronavirus end of the world playlist.

Highlights include:

REM - It’s the End of the World as We Know It

Blue Oyster Cult - Don’t Fear the Reaper

Leftover Crack - Soon We’ll Be Dead

Agalloch - A Desolation Song

The Police - Dont Stand So Close to Me

Blind Guardian - Welcome to Dying

Offspring - Come Out and Play

• Haha 1

So everyone in Dallas county is now required to cover their face starting this Saturday when out around other people (grocery stores, trails, public transportation) or face up to $1000 fine if you do not. The amount of people that don't is astounding so I am not surprised they led to this decision. Especially families out with children. Never covered!

11 hours ago, Californication said:

Video game voice actor passes from covid:

Rockman Corner: Mega Man Voice Actor Keiji Fujiwara Passes Away at Age 55 Due to Cancer
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2020/04/mega-man-voice-actor-keiji-fujiwara.html?m=1

Pretty sure that says cancer but they are counting all deaths these days covid so who knows

• Thanks 1