IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

12 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

No, that’s a misconstrued interpretation of the point I’m making. Any person who goes out in public, is around others, etc. is carrying the risk of spreading a virus that kills people. That’s why people are being asked to stay home. 

People are bitching because they want to go out and do nonessential things, whining that the constitution of the United States says they can’t be stopped just because the police believe them to be endangering the public, because “muh rights.”

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

Minnesota has outdoor pools and beaches?  News to the rest of the country!

Actually there are lots of beaches there  - lots of lakes so lots of beaches (often fairly small - even Lake Superior has many beacnes - but the water is always too cold  (even on the hottest days of summer) to swim in  - but they make a fun place to have a driftwood fire weiner/marshmellow roast at night.)

When I lived up there permanent outdoor pools weren't all that common but they did exist.  I suspect semi-permanent outdoor pools are now fairly common.  The summers up there are hot and humid (in other words just plain miserable) and jumping in a body of water of some sort is a good way to deal with it temporarily.

Edited by Tabonga

Administrator · Posted

After the important things start rolling in (slowing the spread, enough tests, vaccine, plans for overflow patients, etc), I think the next real plan needs to be re-integrating normal society again.

Sure, you could make everybody stay home for the rest of the year to keep this shit at bay.   But there are likely other ways to slowly open stuff back up (even if you have everybody wearing masks) to minimize virus exposure as much as realistically possible?

• Like 4

I'm not sure if everyone is aware but the CDC has advised that if you are going out anywhere, you need to cover your face.  Medical masks are not necessary.  A cloth covering is fine.  So a handkerchief or one of the cloth masks that are being sold, work just fine.  There is new evidence showing that this does reduce the risk of infection.  Of course, hand washing is still necessary.

And I know this is all serious but I thought I'd share a bit of humor..

UuxB13u.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 2

Well, I went today (I was wearing a mask) and bumped into a bunch of people blocking two aisles and all together.  No masks and no concept of social distancing.  I had to take the long way around to get to what I was looking for to avoid them.

17 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Well, I went today (I was wearing a mask) and bumped into a bunch of people blocking two aisles and all together.  No masks and no concept of social distancing.  I had to take the long way around to get to what I was looking for to avoid them.

I've just been bumping peoples carts out of my way.

People want to wear no mask? Fine, so be it...this is America. But don't block my stride with your cart.

• Haha 1

My washer machine broke and it was filled with water and wouldn't drain. So I had to go to home depot to grab a few things to fix it. I live in NJ...We've had a stay at home order for several weeks now, as well as an 8pm curfew. I couldn't believe that practically no one was wearing any type of mask or anything when I went in that place. There was easily over a hundred people shopping in there even though a sign was posted outside saying there would be a limit of 100 shoppers. It was like business as usual in there. Couples shopping together, just browsing not buying anything, leaving with nothing. People all to close together...I just hope that when people don't heed the warnings and get sick, that instead of going to the hospital they just ride that shit out at home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2020 at 11:27 AM, captmorgandrinker said:

After the important things start rolling in (slowing the spread, enough tests, vaccine, plans for overflow patients, etc), I think the next real plan needs to be re-integrating normal society again.

Sure, you could make everybody stay home for the rest of the year to keep this shit at bay.   But there are likely other ways to slowly open stuff back up (even if you have everybody wearing masks) to minimize virus exposure as much as realistically possible?

Anyone not listening to Scott Adams' periscope is about 2-4 weeks behind the curve on hearing this kind of stuff (and more). He's had an eerie knack for predicting how things will go down and on bringing up issues long before the legacy media (or politicians) catches wind. 

Fair warning: he's a bit of an odd duck, and if you're addicted to outrage or political team sports you're going to have a bad time. 

On 4/4/2020 at 5:56 AM, The Strangest said:

No, that’s a misconstrued interpretation of the point I’m making. Any person who goes out in public, is around others, etc. is carrying the risk of spreading a virus that kills people. That’s why people are being asked to stay home. 

People are bitching because they want to go out and do nonessential things, whining that the constitution of the United States says they can’t be stopped just because the police believe them to be endangering the public, because “muh rights.”

Freedom vs. responsibility vs. governmental power are not issues to be weighed lightly, but I get your point.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 5:44 PM, a3quit4s said:

Week #3 of not seeing toilet paper at the grocery store and I have been to a couple in the area. I still don’t need it but it’s disconcerting. 

Welcome to Germany. Been like that for weeks. Luckily they still produce and deliver but gotta be first to get it. Shelves in markets are empty again after 20 minutes.

It will settle one day since government prohibits hoarding now and only 1 pack per person. Humanity never cease to amaze me in terms of egoism, stupidity, etc.

• Like 1

I read that vehicle activity is only down about 40% in the US. I get that many people can’t work from home, but this seems like too many people aren’t complying with stay at home.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/most-of-us-are-under-stay-at-home-orders-so-why-are-6-out-of-10-still-on-the-road/2020/04/04/162adcc6-7434-11ea-87da-77a8136c1a6d_story.html

22 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Yup. All the churches in my area are doing just that. Have been for weeks.

Needed a new router today. Hit up Best Buy online and did a curbside pickup. Me an my girlfriend walked there. I put on my mask and stayed 6ft away from the associate. Another guy came out and asked for my Id. I put that shit on the ground and walked away. I asked him to set the stuff down on my id and I would grab it once he got far enough away. What a crazy life we are living right now.

3 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Needed a new router today. Hit up Best Buy online and did a curbside pickup. Me an my girlfriend walked there. I put on my mask and stayed 6ft away from the associate. Another guy came out and asked for my Id. I put that shit on the ground and walked away. I asked him to set the stuff down on my id and I would grab it once he got far enough away. What a crazy life we are living right now.

There's a 90's style gangsta rap in there. I feel it.

• Haha 4

Our entire ICU is full and every patient is intubated. The new thing they've figured out is to lay the patients prone because it puts less pressure on the base of their lungs. So if any of your family members get intubated on a ventilator make sure to ask them about getting into the prone position. The need a few special pieces and connectors to set it up that way. 

23 hours ago, m308gunner said:

Yup. All the churches in my area are doing just that. Have been for weeks.

I imagine by now a lot of churches were already livestreaming like that anyway (even before this corona virus thing).  I mean why the heck not?

Edited by Estil