IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

1 hour ago, Estil said:

I imagine by now a lot of churches were already livestreaming like that anyway (even before this corona virus thing).  I mean why the heck not?

I dunno. Ask the pastors in the link.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/04/ohio-church-service-covid-19-pandemic-tuchman-pkg-ac360-vpx.cnn?fbclid=IwAR0DG4bRauZ09Kph9JMDQVuKQ5BFw-9AIrykQy--H8nfmr2ceHowwpXHNzQ

12 hours ago, MisterGoomba said:

People like this that causes the virus to spread even more by fueling the masses and telling them what they want to hear that it is okay to continue to act like nothing is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF92l3PCjfE

I only scrubbed through the video and it seemed like conspiracy stuff.  The connections and arguments made are always funny.  It is a stretch to get to their version of the truth.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, trj22487 said:

Well, I got promoted at work today. Now I'm one of the bosses of the building and will remain so once we fully staff again. Didn't see it coming really.
I almost feel guilty how atypical my Corona experience has been compared to many I know.

Nothing wrong with that, congrats!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, trj22487 said:

Well, I got promoted at work today. Now I'm one of the bosses of the building and will remain so once we fully staff again. Didn't see it coming really.
I almost feel guilty how atypical my Corona experience has been compared to many I know.

Congrats man! 

Work update;

In addition to the pre-shift screening, they've started offering temporarily voluntary leave to employees, particularily for those with very young children or living with elderly or compromised immune systems.

So naturally this has led to some people abusing it. In particular one coworker in my department who has called in the last 2 day, which has left me having to close my department by myself. They're also trying to apply for the temporary leave (after the fact), because "they don't want to get their grandma sick".... except they don't stay with their grandma, and a relative that works in another department has confirmed as much.

This maybe turned into a bit of a rant but I'm real salty about it lol

Some people really just fucking suck.

• Like 3

There were 3 people locally arrested for terroristic threat for claiming to have corona virus and going around spreading it or coughing and even spitting on an officer. Of course, all 3 did not have it, just being a narcissistic and attention seeking whores. Still, they got charged. The one girl that was 18 made a follow-u[ video saying it was an April Fools joke but nope she never even posted that video on that day and just doesn't want to get into trouble. Stupid.

I guess the main thing that concerns me more than anything else is the whole uncertainty of all this.  I mean we just don't know how far this is gonna go, what other major events will end up getting canceled/postponed, how many others will get sick/killed from this, and so on 😞 

And even after the virus runs its course (which it will but it will take at least a few months at absolute minimum), I don't think our country or the world will ever be quite the same.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 11:59 AM, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

Work update;

In addition to the pre-shift screening, they've started offering temporarily voluntary leave to employees, particularily for those with very young children or living with elderly or compromised immune systems.

So naturally this has led to some people abusing it. In particular one coworker in my department who has called in the last 2 day, which has left me having to close my department by myself. They're also trying to apply for the temporary leave (after the fact), because "they don't want to get their grandma sick".... except they don't stay with their grandma, and a relative that works in another department has confirmed as much.

This maybe turned into a bit of a rant but I'm real salty about it lol

Some people really just fucking suck.

Totally agree with you about that last sentence.

Different situation, but same sort of suckage:

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3912974

• Thanks 1

Here in Saskatoon SK, Canada. I saw all these vehicles and a small group of pedestrians. Where are these people all going? I don't know of anything open. Like restaurants are all delivery only. I did see the open sign glowing on a Light and Ceiling fan place. Like give it up already. Like they couldn't just sell online? Or deliver? I haven't been out of the house for days. I get if you need a break to avoid cabin fever, go ahead take a drive or walk. But honestly. People need to give way more of a shit. I really don't want my elder relatives at risk. Please folks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Strangest said:

I’m out picking up my prescription right now and there are so many people out doing nonessential things. It’s business as usual out here in Tennessee, so if you need a state to blame when the curve doesn’t flatten, it’s us.

My county in PA has any many cases as neighboring counties that are 3 times out population and have way more urban areas. We went for a drive last evening and came home through the 4 miles or so that is the city and people were all on stoops unmasked. Driving with cars packed full of friends cruising the streets, windows down, music bumpin. It's pretty sad considering we're always on the top 7 states for active cases. 

20 hours ago, Richardhead said:

I was close to crying on the bus today after work. I was able to hold it together until I got home though. So there’s that. This shit isn’t getting easier yet. 

Hang in there, bro. I always find talking to customers about this shit helps. Everyone is dealing with it in their own way, and I find it helpful to chat with others to see how they are dealing with it. We are one world. We can draw strength from one another!