IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

8 minutes ago, ZBomber said:

My favorite part of this entire thread is when quest said this

then proceeded to politicize the virus by saying the media and left are trying to destroy America so Trump won't win and they are purposely tanking the economy, the Democratic governor from VA is only ordering shut downs because he didn't want Republicans to be able to vote for Trump in a primary that was cancelled last year, and continues to downplay the virus when Trump finally admits this is a big deal and 200,000 Americans could die in the next two weeks from it after dismissing and attacking scientists and doctors and anyone with a brain for the past two months.

It's like even an act of god is somehow a conspiracy by the left to overthrow Trump. It's nuts. I'm sure if there's a big snow storm on election day it was probably the Dems paying off the weather guys to try and suppress Trump voters from turning out to the polls. Everything is a conspiracy. It can't just be that Trump failed at something.

you missed the whole point. Greatly ...no grossly exaggerating. jesus christ. Pointing out the politicizing isnt politicizing. Im replying due to the fact you quoted me and I got a notification. Im not going to respond anymore in here about this. I just couldnt let this bullshit post stand.

Edited by Quest4Nes

2 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Remember when this thread wasn't splattered with political bullshit?   Pepperidge Farm remembers.

And mostly one sided at that.  As Michael Jordan would say, don't Republicans and/or Trump supporters buy and play video games too?

19 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Yea but this pandemic and how the government is handling it is tied hand in hand. It's very difficult to leave politics out of the discussion.

For 35 or so pages we did. I dont vote because all of them are crooks IMO. You can easily talk about the issue at hand without trying to find someone to blame.

Its typical American culture though. Always one side vs the other and never working together.

The hurricane was coming and the pandemic was going to hit full force regardless. I know we could have prepared better but there would still be panic and lots of death no matter who is in office. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

...or maybe Republicans/Trumpers follow requests made by Site Admins a few pages ago?

All I know is that I just want this corona virus thing to run its course sooner rather than later...there will be plenty of time for politics as usual later.  For now we need our leaders now more than ever to put politics aside and get this craziness under control somehow someway.  I don't care who ends up getting the credit or benefiting politically or whatever 😛  Not on this one.

You heard of politics stopping at the water's edge?  This time we need politics to stop at the (electron) microscope's edge.

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, jonebone said:

For 35 or so pages we did. I dont vote because all of them are crooks IMO. You can easily talk about the issue at hand without trying to find someone to blame.

Its typical American culture though. Always one side vs the other and never working together.

The hurricane was coming and the pandemic was going to hit full force regardless. I know we could have prepared better but there would still be panic and lots of death no matter who is in office. 

I went back and read your early posts. You were on the money of this virus pretty early.

More mask business... just got this from a friend who is a nurse 

https://www.maskssavelives.org/
Western countries are experiencing higher rates of COVID-19 infections compared to Asian countries because of the West's aversion to wearing masks. 
We need universal mask-wearing to aid in lowering COVID-19's virality.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-make-an-effective-face-mask-at-home-2020-3

btw: If you want elastic and don’t have any, you could break open a bungee cord.

Edited by Link
pasted text size... ah, fuckit

Administrator · Posted

The last few pages aside - compared to how things had been, I actually have noticed a bit more unity throughout this crisis.  It is my hope that out of all the horrible happening, will come a few positives.  Mainly, that we realize that we are all in this together, and have to work together to get through.  I’m not so naive to think that after this everyone will get along, but, I hope at least to some degree, that we’ll find some common ground.

In times of crisis, we analyze and re-evaluate what is important and what our priorities are, and it makes some squabbles of the past seem so trivial and insignificant.   Ebay order took 2 weeks to ship?  Amazon cancelled your order?  Your burger came with pickles when you said no pickles?   I mean, right now, those things seem so silly to even think about complaining about.

Maybe after all this, we’ll have gained some perspective after dealing with it all.

Maybe things will go back to the way they were before, and I’m prepared for that too, but I truly hope that people use this time and what is going on, to really dig deep and process some of these things.  We can all come out of it a lot stronger in certain ways, if we just put forth the effort.

Editorials Team · Posted

Here's another positive...

Just like after 9/11, we'll take this shit seriously afterwards.  Potential pandemic with a much higher mortality rate, or affects children?  We'll be on top of it instantly.

Did I already post that on here at some point?  Maybe.

• Like 4

Events Team · Posted
48 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Here's another positive...

Just like after 9/11, we'll take this shit seriously afterwards.  Potential pandemic with a much higher mortality rate, or affects children?  We'll be on top of it instantly.

Did I already post that on here at some point?  Maybe.

Yeah, I don't know much about... well, anything really, so I didn't feel it was in my place to comment on this whole ordeal, but that is one thing I've been saying for awhile now. I hope this'll be the start of us taking pandemics like this more seriously, so that if when another outbreak like this happens, whenever that may be, we'll actually start taking it seriously and self-quarantining if we get sick and all that, instead of just continuing on with life like nothing's wrong. That is one genuine benefit that I'm hoping will come from this situation.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Yeah, I don't know much about... well, anything really, so I didn't feel it was in my place to comment on this whole ordeal, but that is one thing I've been saying for awhile now. I hope this'll be the start of us taking pandemics like this more seriously, so that if when another outbreak like this happens, whenever that may be, we'll actually start taking it seriously and self-quarantining if we get sick and all that, instead of just continuing on with life like nothing's wrong. That is one genuine benefit that I'm hoping will come from this situation.

Both groups (at both the federal and state level) should have known that this was always a potential given the 1918 experience which has always been well known to anyone with the least bit of historical knowledge.   Neither side has ever done much to stockpile adequate supplies and create contingency plans to put in place.  (A pandemic doesn't necessarily have to follow a flu pattern - but that is the most likely to occur.)

Unfortunately the blame game continues with neither side willing to admit to  a long history of ignoring a potential pandemic.  Unfortunately the vultures have come home to roost - and we have the usual clowns trying to take whatever advantage  they can of the situation  rather than working on solutions.  They are really the vultures in this situation.  

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

I’m just a Liquor Store “worker” so I don’t have much to professionally contribute. But what I can tell you, is that a lot of fucking people aren’t taking this seriously. Last Monday, our governor told the city of Denver, that liquor stores and pot stores were gonna be shut down for a minimum 2 1/2 weeks. I was actually fine with that. We had a plan to “loot proof” the store. Our boss is a stand up fucking guy and would have paid us during the shutdown. As a team, we all stepped up and went to work to relieve the 3 people that were working. I have never seen anything like what I saw before, in my life. 50-70 people shopping/waiting in line for just over 3 hours. It was fucking disgusting. Fast forward to this week.
We started to close the store at 730-8pm Instead of 10-11pm. Each day this week ,we have done weekend sales numbers. 
A lot of people are coming in “bored” shopping. They say shit like “I’m just browsing, I haven’t been out of my house in days”. The rest are the people that come on once, twice, thrice times a day to get a shot, a beer, a pint of vodka.... mix all that together, we have been reaching out 7 customers at a time capacity quiet often. Getting people to adhere to our extreme distancing policy has been a pain in the ass. Some people are cool about it, but others just blow this whole thing off as no big deal. Now as much as some people here know, I can be a huge asshole. But believe it or not, that’s not something I really like doing. Well, if you don’t stay the fuck away from people or follow the rules we have put in place, I will haul off on you. I honestly believe, it’s going to take a complete shutdown of most major cities to curb this. #endrant I’m off to try and decompress and stop crying to play some games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think they blow it off because like quest was kind of ranty rambling about, people are starting to have had enough of it, and as summer rolls around if this keep shoving back more will push back harder on it.  Without going all marshal law and locking people in their homes, it's just not going to happen.  They look at how long can the gov't keep shoveling out their tax money back to them in free ride checks to not go bankrupt or homeless.  They see the GDP, the shuttered businesses, and know what can happen if it persists.  The data out there, averages and all that is it not like 2-3% fatality rate?  I imagine more will be like, you know, that's some pretty goddamn good odds NOT to die, and they're working on immunization stuff, they're seeing that hydrochoroquine cocktail with azithromycin that can clean it up in under a week and just bluntly thinking ...fuck it... we can't let the economy and in turn the nation fail.  At some rate people are going to grow in numbers figuring you know what, that's acceptable losses vs the alternative as this isn't some zombie apocalypse.  And sickening as it may be, in a way, they're right.  Equally sickening, why the hell people are acting like the current administration is at fault, they're just the fall guy in this as much as many other nations are.  IT doesn't matter if you have an R, D, I whatever after your name wherever you are, they just happen to be the party in power during a crisis, that's it.

You want the one to blame, blame the CCP, the Chinese Communist Party.  Why are so few calling them on their shit?  They knew about this since what, Thanksgiving or early December.  Instead they shadowed their internet, beat the shit out of citizens, sprayed others with disinfectants, disappeared other whistleblowers for months now without a trace.  Finally they admit it was from them, then don't and say the US gov't did a military surgical mission to plant that stuff there so they'd take the blame, and all the while trying to craft a narrative that saying it was from their is racist (which much of our idiotic media played right into.)  Anyone calling out the CCP or Pres Xi ends up suffering, missing, or dead.  What's it going to take for world powers to go after them for it, or are they all so afraid due to the bulk of that nation?  We shouldn't be scoring political points, we should be embarrassing and calling out that communist party for causing this to spread.  Had they not tried to cover it up so their shining leader and party wouldn't look fallible, it could have been stopped at the source or within the bordering areas.

• Like 3

FWIW, I have found more than one scientific paper stating that Horseshoe bats, civets, and pangolins are vectors of coronaviruses and that since humans live in such close proximity to these animals, that an outbreak of a SARS-like pandemic was imminent. The papers also called for preparation and higher biosecurity. Obviously, these cries weren’t heard. These studies date back to 2015, 2007, etc.

On 3/31/2020 at 11:58 AM, GPX said:

Your point was different to mine regarding the previous post. My point being that we shouldn’t muddy the facts due to our biases obtained from the media. It is crucial that we don’t overblow things because otherwise it can create increased public fear/hysteria. 

You’d want the public to be in fear so they do the right thing with hand hygiene, social distancing etc. However, you don’t want to push out false statements to cause undue stress to the public. Too much stress in some may do more harm than the Covid19 itself!

I need to clarify some things here regarding this post:

1) I understood and affirmed your intention in distributing correct info. I was typing my post while attending to a family member so I spoke quickly under the assumption that most people understand that “many” of the symptoms here mimic flu... while many do not for a select group. (More on this later).

2) I have zero media bias in the information passed along here. Absolutely zero. I work on Wall St and Financial news is largely the only news I listen to.(I’ve listened to FOX, CNN, BBC, in passing and I acknowledge but don’t hold true, all of them.) Any info whatsoever that I have posted at all here comes strictly from 8 sources:

My PHD(Med) brother

My 3 Cousins (ED nurses on the front lines)

My Cousin (Oncologist nurse, now on float duty)

My Wife (RN)

My 2 Friends (First Responders)

All people on the front line.. the only ones I speak to regarding this matter 

Im not spreading any misinformation based on any media bias whatsoever, and my accounts come solely from doctors and nurses within my family on the front lines as I type this. My first post was meant to say that “Infection and Symptoms based on onset time are nothing like the flu!” 
I corrected to make sure the people know. But after conversations today the dialogue has changed a bit:

1) my wife who works on covid beds said much like @Estil said, the condition and symptoms vary by patient.

2) my wife’s hospital Today had a case for ED of bad diarrhea... strictly diarrhea only... nasty to the point that they needed IV fluid... only symptom. They tested the person to be sure using new rapids. COVID-19 pos. And Diarrhea was only symptom.

3) My wife’s Nurse Manager has received multiple calls from first responders in the ability to provide beds. The doctors on her floor are literally separating “flu” from “COVID19” from others by literally LISTENING to their breathing by phone... that in and of itself is terrifying. The doctors now know what to listen for by phone call in order to make a roughly 85% accurate diagnosis. They’re listening to breathe reduction by phone and able to call it “flu” or “COVID” by this alone. Doctors from Chin in the front lines have even amounted to being about to discern as much prior to under-reporting.

4) Every Single Patient is different, with MANY showing no symptoms of typical flu whatsoever.

I now go back to my original analysis in a way I thought I would never have to. I and my wife have been exposed. This is “NOT FLU...” 

If you want to fight that idea, DONT cite ANY media. I want to hear your direct sources. I want to hear your people on the front lines.. I have 8 not including LE...

And I have Multiple friends and family now on ICU beds... I’ve lost one, and have 12 now infected with another hospitalized. I’m in NY seeing this at hand... be quick to think before you attribute this to flu again...because it isn’t. THAT is misinformation... and that comes from the front lines. Talk to a front line doc (if you know one), they can pick theses people out of a stack easy now). If you have family in the midst of this in NY, state your case... otherwise I can tell you full handed you have no clue what this is like. How many people have you lost so far? I can count mine on one hand and expect to need more than two..for funerals alone...

I now have 13 personally infected, 1 dead, 2 in ICU and multiple other gasping for air... this isn’t pretty... and it’s not flu (my wife) (who has credentials) words (works a covid floor).

Edited by Lambda
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

Yea because being realistic isnt an adult trait at all. Lol cmon man. Im a pretty go with the flow person, but even I have pretty much had it with this shit so I can only imagine in a month what other people are going to be like. This is going to get ugly.

Here’s realistic: this disease doesn’t give a fuck that you’ve had it with staying inside. Saying that things are gonna get ugly, because you’re gonna cry and complain about it and btw “other” people are probably gonna cry even more, again, answers my question.

Jesus Christ dude, toughen up and learn some self-sufficiency. You can’t isolate for a while, really? I never would have thought you were one to hug people.

Figure out how to put up with the world and the fact that every thing doesn’t always go your way. I can’t believe a conservative doesn’t get that. Actions literally have consequences, and right now that’s going on at a physical and very local level everywhere. Tough shit. This is so much bigger than a tax policy disagreement.

I love how you keep saying media hysteria. Is that the refined way to call fake news? 

16 minutes ago, Link said:

Here’s realistic: this disease doesn’t give a fuck that you’ve had it with staying inside. Saying that things are gonna get ugly, because you’re gonna cry and complain about it and btw “other” people are probably gonna cry even more, again, answers my question.

Jesus Christ dude, toughen up and learn some self-sufficiency. You can’t isolate for a while, really? I never would have thought you were one to hug people.

Figure out how to put up with the world and the fact that every thing doesn’t always go your way. I can’t believe a conservative doesn’t get that. Actions literally have consequences, and right now that’s going on at a physical and very local level everywhere. Tough shit. This is so much bigger than a tax policy disagreement.

I love how you keep saying media hysteria. Is that the refined way to call fake news? 

Im done with this thread like I said. Hadnt posted in over 7 hours in here, and here you go. Seeing your reply in my notifications. I knew I shouldnt have read it because it would just piss me off. But your words to me just now? Seriously? They dont even make sense. Self sufficiency? Im pretty sure Im fine. Im isolating just fine. What a prick. This is why people hate leftists. Always know everything and talk down to people. My rants or whatever you want to call them werent even about me. Its about what I was observing and how this shit isnt going to fly past early summer. Im done here. Please stop quoting me. BYE..

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Haha 2