IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

11 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Its weird how you are Pro vaccine, but also spout obvious rightwing misinformation. I didnt think the trump cult allowed that! 😂😂

It's pretty common tbh. I live in a Blue-ish state here in PA and basically everyone I know who is a hardcore conservative is vaxxed and thinks ppl who say the election was stolen are idiots. 

The biggest thing every anti vax person I know has in common isn't as much of a political party as it is a low IQ. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

It's pretty common tbh. I live in a Blue-ish state here in PA and basically everyone I know who is a hardcore conservative is vaxxed and thinks ppl who say the election was stolen are idiots. 

The biggest thing every anti vax person I know has in common isn't as much of a political party as it is a low IQ. 

It’s just bizarre to me that he whines about the media and Fauci is a huge bogeyman Which is basic low level right wing trolling 101.  You would think somebody who thinks Fox News is harmless would have fallen for the fascist propoganda, around Vax but I digress. 

I have yet to meet a Trump supporting conservative here in California that have a bit of common sense. They are all part of the soros/nanobot/q-anon group. Hopefully there is more common sense floating around in those swing states. 

If I had to guess, I'd put Tanooki in the ambivalent right.Screenshot_20211216-185132.thumb.png.af28a5d20c9b1d3f47dffea081a228a8.png

"They are also distinct in their views about Donald Trump – while a majority voted for him in 2020, most say they would prefer he not continue to be a major political figure."

Great article HERE.

Basically, your chance of meeting a stereotypical conservative vs one who wishes all the idiots would leave the party and go back to their basements is about 50/50

My dream is that we go back to a time when conservative meant less power federal govt and less spending, and being a liberal meant bigger social safety nets for those who are worse off. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 1

Social Team · Posted
1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

Its weird how you are Pro vaccine, but also spout obvious rightwing misinformation. I didnt think the trump cult allowed that! 😂😂

He must of missed that memo some how.  Good thing you can't get unvaccinated or we'd have some serious issues.

57 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

If I had to guess, I'd put Tanooki in the ambivalent right.Screenshot_20211216-185132.thumb.png.af28a5d20c9b1d3f47dffea081a228a8.png

"They are also distinct in their views about Donald Trump – while a majority voted for him in 2020, most say they would prefer he not continue to be a major political figure."

Great article HERE.

Basically, your chance of meeting a stereotypical conservative vs one who wishes all the idiots would leave the party and go back to their basements is about 50/50

My dream is that we go back to a time when conservative meant less power federal govt and less spending, and being a liberal meant bigger social safety nets for those who are worse off. 

That was a great article, thanks. And i agree with you. 

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Like 2

I am cautiously optimistic that omicron will be our way forward with 'living with covid', at least in places with relatively high vaccination rates. Our numbers are going through the roof here in the last few days with the first breakouts beginning a few weeks ago. Our hospitalizations are steady and ICU numbers remain low so far, even with the latest outbreak. It'll be interesting to see what happens going into January as I suspect numbers will peak with the winter weather, holiday gatherings, etc. If the healthcare system can handle this surge without too many people being omitted to the hospital or ICU and covid working it's way through the population at such a quick rate it should give us a pretty solid immunity, especially with boosters available.

I think a lot of people around here have come to the realization that they'll likely catch covid at some point in time now that the numbers are beyond tracing and the case numbers are currently doubling by the day.

I know nothing of trump cult, not part of that.  But what I'm also saying isn't nonsense either, but hey if you're convinced otherwise despite things, I'm not going to get into some lame internet argument over it that will get nowhere.

Pro vaccine yes, not quite pro force it on people either though.  Their choice to suffer or not, not really my place to force someone to live in a mask covered fear bubble, nor my place to mandate getting stuck or losing your job and in turn, home etc because of loss of income as that's disgusting.

6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Pro vaccine yes, not quite pro force it on people either though.  Their choice to suffer or not, not really my place to force someone to live in a mask covered fear bubble, nor my place to mandate getting stuck or losing your job and in turn, home etc because of loss of income as that's disgusting.

The problem is those who choose not to are the ones who are developing the variants when they do catch it, which are often different enough to get past vaccines. So in a way, they're endangering us all and prolonging this mess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

It’s just bizarre to me that he whines about the media and Fauci is a huge bogeyman Which is basic low level right wing trolling 101.  You would think somebody who thinks Fox News is harmless would have fallen for the fascist propoganda, around Vax but I digress. 

I have yet to meet a Trump supporting conservative here in California that have a bit of common sense. They are all part of the soros/nanobot/q-anon group. Hopefully there is more common sense floating around in those swing states. 

I find it equally strange you don't see how the guy is a double talking troll at this rate who has scared millions into confusion and outright disbelief.  That is the epitome of a bogeyman situation.  I never also said Fox News is harmless, I just said there are far more full of shit evil stuff like the insane comedy wagon at MSNBC.  Amusing you use the worst fascist, that has been so corrupted by morons in recent times it's a joke.  It's cute it's been warped into the definition starting with 'form of far-right...' yet when you read the continued description of fascism, it's like the woke dipshit playbook of champions.  Forcible suppression of opposition (yup, riots, cancel culture, etc), strong regimentation of society and economy (yup, that too), and while ultranationalism is debatable use of dictatorial power is definitely misused as well.

@RegularGuyGamer Never seen that spread bar before, interesting.  That may fit, I'd have to look into how they define that term.  I would definitely say I do fit your description below the graph, that's for damn skippy.  Trump shouldn't be the head of the party...ugh.  The good policies he had I was fine with, his dickery I was most definitely not (pre, during, post presidency) and sure as shit didn't vote for him either in 2016.  That election was the southpark real life version of vote douche, vote shit sandwich...I voted to not eat feces or discharge.  That 'my dream' of yours I've been saying that for years, fuck it sucks where it has gone.  The whole way it was in the 80s/90s where you had some disagreements but people ultimately got along enough to pass things and compromise is nearly utterly dead now, that needs to be back.  That version of a liberal I like, not what gets tagged as it now...awful.

3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I find it equally strange you don't see how the guy is a double talking troll at this rate who has scared millions into confusion and outright disbelief.  That is the epitome of a bogeyman situation.  I never also said Fox News is harmless, I just said there are far more full of shit evil stuff like the insane comedy wagon at MSNBC.  Amusing you use the worst fascist, that has been so corrupted by morons in recent times it's a joke.  It's cute it's been warped into the definition starting with 'form of far-right...' yet when you read the continued description of fascism, it's like the woke dipshit playbook of champions.  Forcible suppression of opposition (yup, riots, cancel culture, etc), strong regimentation of society and economy (yup, that too), and while ultranationalism is debatable use of dictatorial power is definitely misused as well.

@RegularGuyGamer Never seen that spread bar before, interesting.  That may fit, I'd have to look into how they define that term.  I would definitely say I do fit your description below the graph, that's for damn skippy.  Trump shouldn't be the head of the party...ugh.  The good policies he had I was fine with, his dickery I was most definitely not (pre, during, post presidency) and sure as shit didn't vote for him either in 2016.  That election was the southpark real life version of vote douche, vote shit sandwich...I voted to not eat feces or discharge.  That 'my dream' of yours I've been saying that for years, fuck it sucks where it has gone.  The whole way it was in the 80s/90s where you had some disagreements but people ultimately got along enough to pass things and compromise is nearly utterly dead now, that needs to be back.  That version of a liberal I like, not what gets tagged as it now...awful.

Insane shit at MSNBC? Lol. Whats insane? Having minorities? 😂😂😂

They arent state sponsored tv like hannity and Ingram calling and crying to Trump about ruining everything they built as his psychos ransacked the capitol 😂😂

As far as Fauci “doublespeak”, thats pure fucking nonsense. The guy was reporting on what they knew at the time.  Was he always 100% correct? Close enough. Everything he said was backed by the greater scientific community, outside of the grifters that are feeding low IQ folks misinformation on tick tok and youtube. We would obviously be better off watching “Plandemic” hahaha

The good news is, you dont have any actual facts to support your opinion about Fauci being part of the deepstate, so rational people arent going to really listen anyways. Well, people that believe in science that is lol

And Fox news is pure fascist propaganda, whether or not you call it “cute”.  Heir Tucker Carlson’s “cute” little series on the insurrection by Trump supporting terrorists treated Ashley Babbit exactly like Horst Wessel was portrayed by Goebbels.

100%, authentic nazi fascist propaganda, Prove me wrong. He is so obvious about it, one has to think if he is trolling the people watching him. I wonder if he tells his other rich buddies around the cigar club about how aggressive he can be with it  

Hey Bentley, Watch how obvious I can be with my Fascism, these dumb fucks will believe anything I show them MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA”

• Like 1

Wow dude wow...having minorities?  I'd ask if you were hitting the kool-aid but I think you own the factory.  You are aware that channel (fox) has multiple, and wow...many women too, it's the white aryan (and male) race network.

I could give two shits about hannity or ingraham and their evening opinionated rant fests.  I prefer if I bother watching a new channel to watch the news segment, not the rambling hour(s.)

I know variables and learned science changes, but the guy couldn't even keep his behaviors straight even after things were more caught up.  I know it was gotcha moment bs, but he got caught enough times on-off with the mask stuff on camera which trolls ate up.  Yet another of the classic say one thing I'll do another because... ...whatever dude.

I largely avoid youtube aside from specific entertainment non-political stuff, and I do avoid and don't watch ticktock and much of the rest as it's just crap.

Keep rambling about Fauci, whatever floats your boat.  I'm not going to go digging up old stuff to play gotcha games with you as it's a wasted effort and pointless.  Personally I wish he'd get put out to pasture, too much bs out there right or wrong, he's utterly compromised at this rate if they want to change more peoples minds to get shots.

Fox News is NOT fascist propaganda goddamn you're dense.  You're roping the entire network because of the opinion evening programming garbage they peddle after like 7 or 8pm I believe.  But hey if that makes you feel better just pidgeonholing the entire network due to those clowns, fine, you do that.  I don't watch nor care about Tucker, Hannity or Ingraham.  When I do read their website or watch that channel if I can catch it, it's not the evening diarrhea fest.

You want fascist antics during news, go watch MSNBC it's why they're the lowest rated even among liberals who don't have their head fully up their ass, they'll turn on CNN to get something clearly less insane.  CNN has some balance to it, and outside politics best damn coverage of other forms of news, always have.

Do we really need to take this shit on the news politics stuff further in a non-politics thread about the virus?  Doesn't seem like a good idea derailing this.

Just commenting on the fact you keep bringing him, and the “media” up. Its tiring and sounds whiny.

I also never mentioned him once before, but thanks for the projecting.  I get sick of the right wing cancer that seeps into every bit of the internet, and am calling it out when I see it.

If you dont want to have to defend your opinions, keep them to yourself. 

Speaking about the director of NIAID, in a thread about the corona virus is 100% appropriate. 

But I guess talking shit about a guy who has served the public for 50 years across multiple presidencies,  helped minimize ebola and make strides with HIV/AIDs because he was caught without his mask on in a “gotcha” moment is completely reasonable too

And I poke the bear in return when people peddle modern liberal trash and lies as well...it's a two way street.  What you call right wing cancer is only because you don't care for having your narrow scope challenged.  I'm not going to dig this further in here, it's pointless arguing with you I've noticed because you're so far gone you can't handle anything but an opinion that always matches your own.

Excusing current behavior away just because in the past so much good was done isn't cutting it.  People change, that's nothing new, he did a lot of great things as you pointed out, in the past and this is about the present.

• Like 1

I am open to having my “narrow view” challenged, when supported with evidence and fact. Luckily, todays right wing doesn't deal in those. 

Misinformation about Covid is literally killing hundreds of thousands of republicans for no reason, other than Trumps Ego. All the same people dying from covid have probably been vaccinated multiple times throughout their lives, but now its a liberal thing to believe science.

If you are making comments about how Fauci is evil or whatever, be prepared to back them up. All you have done so far is agree with me 😂😂😂

• Like 1

So, everyone doing okay?  I know this is anecdotal, but this spike is the most significant I've seen.  It doesn't matter what the politics or news say, it's clear this new strain is much more transmissable but seems to be lower impact thankfully.  It also appears that the vaccine is doing nothing, though they won't come out and say it.  It's funny how your view spins it... if you're pro-vaccine then you credit the vaccine for your recovery, even though you got infected (which I thought wasn't supposed to happen).  If you're anti-vaccine then you criticize it for not doing anything.

Things I've noticed personally:

Our kids are in elementary school and last week it was deemed high risk by the state.  We used to get about 1 to 2 COVID nofications a week (they are required to email when someone in the school tests positive), but last week it was 5 on Monday, 4 Tuesday and 3 Wed.  We kept them home this week but state of MD deems a school high risk if 3 separate cohorts of students contract the virus.  

Sports leagues, it's clearly destroying them.  Teams aren't even able to field enough to play.  And you know the vast majority of them are vaccinated, which isn't stopping the spread.

Last, wife's friend was in a wedding last week and nearly everyone got it.  I was in a wedding on Nov 13th and no one got it (125ish guests), but that was crazy.  She has it, her husband, her sister, her parents, her grandparents, her cousins, etc.  And her grandparents were both double boosted due to age and health issues, you just pray and hope they're safe.

Just be very conscious and safe out there this holiday season!

Edited by jonebone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's more transmissible yet weaker as it seems it just does mild effect to people in general, it seems pretty much so far except in an extreme case or two not fatal.  Like it goes with viruses the more it mutates the more it can spread, the more it can just be aggravating vs devastating and that's fine.  It's not going away, it's going to end up like the flu, yearly shots you can opt into or not, while the earlier strains could kick your ass to an early grave clearly.  Kids still seem largely non-impacted too in the grand scheme.  It's just more babble for the press and politicians to abuse to scare the shit out of anyone who is a sponge for those antics.

Arguing the vaccine doesn't do anything is a joke that's clear, it does, either helps with your natural ability to block or diminish the effect, which is what a viral scourging vaccine cocktail is supposed to do, they're not cures.  Someone eating the magic brownies thinking they're a cure is a fool, as much as someone is a kool-aid chugger thinking the total opposite they don't do squat and it's some conspiracy.

Ultimately everyone at some rate is going to be exposed, show it, or not, and that'll be what it is vaccine or not.  Maybe in rare cases as it further waters down you'll die of it like the normal flu virus, maybe you'll feel like crap, maybe just feel off for a day or two but not actually sick, or just be an invisible carrier.

I had a COVID scare recently but thankfully just tested negative.

A childhood friend of mine watched her dad go from healthy to dead in 9 days. Non-vaccinated, no underlying conditions, health-nut type of dude. Scary stuff to watch unfold.

I’m a big hockey fan and watching the NHL shut down has been concerning but ultimately it’s the right move given the bad outbreaks in that league. Some NHL fans are saying “but everyone is vaccinated!” and if people really think that these rich athletes ALL turned in legit vaccination cards and that there aren’t any really good fakes, I’ve got some beachfront property in Minnesota I’d like to sell them.

Edited by Strange
  • Sad 1

Had a scare recently as my daughter was deemed a close contact to a confirmed case and developed symptoms a couple days later(cough and vomiting). Lab test was negative though. All the kids had to miss a full week of school as labs are super backed up and it too 4 days to get results back. Considering the timing was going into the winter break, it's going to be close to 3 weeks of no school, making this highly disruptive to my youngest's development. At least we are negative though. Gotta get them vaxxed, but appointments don't come as easily as they used to. And pharmacies aren't doing walkins like they were last month.