IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

5 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

There's more to stopping the spread than just the mask, etc. I mean, you did all those precautions and still caught it, right?

Only because I was in a crowded area once this entire year (in early September). If I stay away from large crowds as I did last year and most of this year, I'm more than likely not going to catch it again.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

Only because I was in a crowded area once this entire year. If I stay away from large crowds as I did last year and most of this year, I'm more than likely not going to catch it again.

This thing's going to be around a lot longer (largely because of vaccine holdouts.) Hope you like being a recluse for awhile.

7 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I've seen enough of your posts, from here and NA, and your YT channel (wonder why you weren't getting the views.)

You haven't talked to me in real life outside of the Internet or via Voice Chat on Discord. Oh, and I've been on YouTube for 15 years and have over 22 million total video views so I'm happy with what I've accomplished since 2006.

mm52views.jpg.3a8a6ebdc9b0ab577cc6c18e48162092.jpg

Edited by MegaMan52

Cold blooded or not, over 15 years and that many views?  Just means quite a few people seen the basement.

He may feel healthy, but just wait and see what this administration we have is up to, eventually he'll have sticks in his nose anywhere he goes or just outright banned from basic services given their attitude about things.  They'll do whatever they need to from taking your job to your access to services.

Well, this past week work has been shut down due to a covid outbreak where unsurprisingly, more than half of the kitchen staff are proudly unvaccinated. My results came back negative and I am vaccinated, but it sucks that I basically lost a chunk of a paycheck over very preventable bullshit.

• Wow! 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2

1 hour ago, Kguillemette said:

Well, this past week work has been shut down due to a covid outbreak where unsurprisingly, more than half of the kitchen staff are proudly unvaccinated. My results came back negative and I am vaccinated, but it sucks that I basically lost a chunk of a paycheck over very preventable bullshit.

Man, that is rough.

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

Only because I was in a crowded area once this entire year (in early September). If I stay away from large crowds as I did last year and most of this year, I'm more than likely not going to catch it again.

I had a really rough couple weeks bleeding out money for lawyers. After I got my third vaccine shot, I went to Mexico and had my teeth cleaned for the first time in two years. Then I went to Honk Kong (the strip club, not the country) which was packed with maybe 500 people so I grabbed a bottle of Moet and they cleared a table for me and enjoyed the show for a couple of hours. Didn't get Corona virus. 

I guess what I am trying to say is I think I made the right decision to get the vaccine.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Man, that is rough.

It mostly worked out in the end. The owner has a second property that needs a lot of work before he can open up. I made up one of the shifts today organizing and cleaning his other place and he just paid me cash. We're supposed to reopen this weekend, but in the case we do not, I can put in hours gutting his other place.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

Battle stupid with stupid, take the unvaccinated to small claims court over lost wages. 😄

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 12:48 PM, Tulpa said:

I've seen enough of your posts, from here and NA, and your YT channel (wonder why you weren't getting the views.)

Really uncalled for. You guys need to chill about Covid related stuff and be more respectful to others.

"Oh he doesn't want to get a shot, so that's why he's not getting views and is absolutely Hitler reincarnated!"

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Florida woman who sued for ivermectin dies from COVID

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-woman-dies-suing-hospital-135438558.html

A Florida teacher hospitalized with COVID-19 has died after her husband unsuccessfully sued to force doctors to treat her with ivermectin, a drug popular among some skeptics of accepted coronavirus treatments despite a lack of studies proving its effectiveness...“I’m hoping they name a law after her so no one has to go through this,” Drock said. “If she had walked out of the hospital she could have had the medication.”

Law of Dumbass? Refuse-to-Believe-Science Law? Darwin Award Law? The mind boggles at the possibilities...

17 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Florida woman who sued for ivermectin dies from COVID

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-woman-dies-suing-hospital-135438558.html

A Florida teacher hospitalized with COVID-19 has died after her husband unsuccessfully sued to force doctors to treat her with ivermectin, a drug popular among some skeptics of accepted coronavirus treatments despite a lack of studies proving its effectiveness...“I’m hoping they name a law after her so no one has to go through this,” Drock said. “If she had walked out of the hospital she could have had the medication.”

Law of Dumbass? Refuse-to-Believe-Science Law? Darwin Award Law? The mind boggles at the possibilities...

Why go to the hospital in the first place then? If you know how to treat your illness better than doctors and other health professionals, just do it at home.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/4/2021 at 7:51 AM, Kguillemette said:

It mostly worked out in the end. The owner has a second property that needs a lot of work before he can open up. I made up one of the shifts today organizing and cleaning his other place and he just paid me cash. We're supposed to reopen this weekend, but in the case we do not, I can put in hours gutting his other place.

Glad to hear that things worked out more or less.

Taiwan decided to relax regulations for Taiwanense from December through February, allowing those abroad an easier time to enter the island, less quarantine time, etc.

It's bullshit though, as many of these folks are essentially the equivalent of the type of church goer that only makes it to Christmas and Easter services. Then there's the ones that grew up in California to Taiwanense parents, so they have Taiwanense passports, yet never spent any real time here, like Jeremy Lin and the like. I'm more Taiwanense than many of these folks, yet my parents literally can't come visit me, yet this riff raff gets special treatment to come here and spread disease left, right, and centre? It's infuriating, as the virus certainly doesn't give a shit whether it's Christmas, Chinese New Year, or some other holiday, and ultimately, if there is another outbreak, it just means more time off without work, brought on once again by the rich that are above the law.

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

At this point, I think after everyone that wants vaccines gets them, we should just open things up, no more tiptoeing across eggshells. We gotta learn to live with the virus, 

The problem is that those who don't get the vaccine now risk getting the virus and having it mutate into a nastier variant that can be unrecognizable to those immunized. The more people vaccinated, the less likely that will happen (herd immunity.)

Open up too early with not enough vaccinated (including most of the holdouts), we'll be right back in this mess again.

I want to open up as much as anyone, but I don't want a repeat of March 2020. If the virus wouldn't mutate and stick with the idiots, that's one thing, but the risk of it going super Saiyan is still there.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 2

On 11/17/2021 at 1:40 PM, Tulpa said:

The problem is that those who don't get the vaccine now risk getting the virus and having it mutate into a nastier variant that can be unrecognizable to those immunized. The more people vaccinated, the less likely that will happen (herd immunity.)

Open up too early with not enough vaccinated (including most of the holdouts), we'll be right back in this mess again.

I want to open up as much as anyone, but I don't want a repeat of March 2020. If the virus wouldn't mutate and stick with the idiots, that's one thing, but the risk of it going super Saiyan is still there.

I'm no expert but I read a paper about how there isn't much more ways for COVID to mutate to make it worse than Delta and have it still be considered COVID.

Personally, I'm not worried about another mutation. I just slap a n95 on at work and call it a day. I think our mandates lift after the new year but I'm keeping mine on. I got a box of 100 recently for $60 so it's not like they're even expensive or hard to get anymore. And with a 4 month old baby at home, I'd rather look like a goof ball than bring home an illness to him and my wife 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I'm no expert but I read a paper about how there isn't much more ways for COVID to mutate to make it worse than Delta and have it still be considered COVID.

That's the thing. I don't care if it's called COVID or crappy disease X, the potential to mutate is still there. The sooner we can gain herd immunity, the sooner we can start to go back to normal and argue over sports teams and which politician sucks more.

Edited by Tulpa