IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

6 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

😂😂😂😂😂Cmon Bro really? You straight up think fox news is fair an balanced, even with batromo and watters filling out the morning line up. 

You regularly regurgitate 100% disproven fake news, especially about Fauci. Blaming the media for things constantly seals the deal.  

Lol, Fauci was kowtowing to the CCP, period. When a person does that, nothing's ever going to restore their credibility, imo.

27 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Lol, Fauci was kowtowing to the CCP, period. When a person does that, nothing's ever going to restore their credibility, imo.

Dodge and evade, you know the game when it comes to certain posts such as that, it's why i don't even bother to comment on the nonsense anymore.  I've never watched batromo and watters before either, know the names and that the first one is female.  Yeah shock, I don't watch FOX (been at least since the earlier Trump, irregular during Obama), CNN or the lot of them, I can, but I choose not to since I have Sling(for now, considering canceling that too.)

Some just want to live in a sad pathetic fear bubble while largely many have just accepted things have gone endemic and moved along accepting the risk.  It's basically the better choice at this point.

Masks the last 2 years puffed up as a solution to then find out it was covered up the cloth ones really don't stop crap, it's just an attention diversion for a false sense of security.  Fauci if you check the time line knew all well 2 years back given the emails that came out, you're right kissing CCP ass, and through a program funding the lab in Wuhan for gain of function too, fuck the lot of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

Show the proof, or shut up and take the L like everyone is waiting for. 

51 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Dodge and evade, you know the game when it comes to certain posts such as that, it's why i don't even bother to comment on the nonsense anymore.  I've never watched batromo and watters before either, know the names and that the first one is female.  Yeah shock, I don't watch FOX (been at least since the earlier Trump, irregular during Obama), CNN or the lot of them, I can, but I choose not to since I have Sling(for now, considering canceling that too.)

Some just want to live in a sad pathetic fear bubble while largely many have just accepted things have gone endemic and moved along accepting the risk.  It's basically the better choice at this point.

Masks the last 2 years puffed up as a solution to then find out it was covered up the cloth ones really don't stop crap, it's just an attention diversion for a false sense of security.  Fauci if you check the time line knew all well 2 years back given the emails that came out, you're right kissing CCP ass, and through a program funding the lab in Wuhan for gain of function too, fuck the lot of them.

100% pure, fake news. manufactured by republican elites and regurgitated  to sell the unwashed masses garbage pillows. And made in China red hats

Trust me I wont wait for evidence from you to back up what you said, especially where there is tons of easily findable evidence that masks do in fact work and reduce the spread. 

Its just sad that you are part of the misinformation machine, and you dont even know it. (I also love you earlier you said how “morning” fox news was ok [fascism lite] but now you dont watch it?) 

I appreciate you not responding to me, it makes it far easier for me to call out your propaganda spreading and we can move on. 

ps- its cool that you two have formed your own fact-free echo chamber, should be interesting to watch the wacky ideas you guys come up with! Jewish space lasers! Deep state Fauci!

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Trust me I wont wait for evidence from you to back up what you said, especially where there is tons of easily findable evidence that masks do in fact work and reduce the spread. 

You should read again what he said about masks, and that's true. The cloth masks don't protect against much of anything other than perhaps air pollution. I knew that way before the pandemic even came into any of our minds, perhaps you should do some research sunshine boy.

17 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

You should read again what he said about masks, and that's true. The cloth masks don't protect against much of anything other than perhaps air pollution. I knew that way before the pandemic even came into any of our minds, perhaps you should do some research sunshine boy.

Yet another 100% fact free statement! Would you rather someone sneeze in your face with or without a cloth mask 😂😂😂😂

Cmon Dave, stop embarrassing yourself! You are silly

33 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

You know doing that is just going to feed into some circular trolling right?  Some people just want to say others fall for the false when they're neck deep into it while suckling CCP cock basically.  Just leave it alone, it's pointless both bothering and in being a wasted effort.  Not like Taiwan knew what it was late Fall of 2019 and got ignored by you know... anyway, because of buddying up to the CCP.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Yet another 100% fact free statement! Would you rather someone sneeze in your face with or without a cloth mask 😂😂😂😂

Cmon Dave, stop embarrassing yourself! You are silly

Lol, of course I don't want anyone sneezing into my face, with or without.

Cloth masks are not particularly effective against any of the covid strains, they're more seen as something to keep bugs out of your mouth while driving scooters. There's a reason those masks aren't even allowed to be worn when a mask is required over here.

15 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

You know doing that is just going to feed into some circular trolling right?  Some people just want to say others fall for the false when they're neck deep into it while suckling CCP cock basically.  Just leave it alone, it's pointless both bothering and in being a wasted effort.  Not like Taiwan knew what it was late Fall of 2019 and got ignored by you know... anyway, because of buddying up to the CCP.

Once again, defend your statements or shut the fuck up and take the L.  You deserve Ted Cruz, you get dunked on almost as much as him!

Edited by MrWunderful

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Masks the last 2 years puffed up as a solution to then find out it was covered up the cloth ones really don't stop crap, 

6 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

But I thought the argument was masks dont do shit? So now they do? 

As I said before, you need to improve your reading comprehension.

He and I are talking about cloth masks, not all masks. Learn to read better or gtfo.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

As I said before, you need to improve your reading comprehension.

He and I are talking about cloth masks, not all masks. Learn to read better or gtfo.

Did i miss the part where he explained how it was covered up? Can you quote that part? Or did I readed it wrong?

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

I warned you to stop trying, it won't work.  Clearly did not earn one of these as a kid.

184ed2627cdb7cd815c83aef76f5783d.jpg

1-No wonder why you didnt last in CA! You cant answer a simple question, defending a statement you made. Thats required of intelligent folk. 

2- If my reading is bad, but I make 5x what your whole household makes a year, does that make me smarter, a more hard worker, or more of a man?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

Surgical masks are fine, but not that washable reusable cloth shit.

Ok, you three (@fcgamer, @MrWunderful, and @Tanooki) are acting like a bunch of idiotic, schoolyard children right here.  It's fairly clear to see what both sides actually mean, but rather than conduct yourselves as adults and have some actual conversation, productive or not, everything immediately devolves into a three way circle jerk of nonsense, nyah-nyahs and "gotcha lasts."

Unless you're in a fucking WHO/CDC/whatever approved suit with an independent airtank, etc., whatever you're wearing isn't going to reliably, dependably, or even likely block or screen out COVID-19 if some viral particles are floating around in the air near you and you breath in to pull them toward you, wind or some other draft blows it into you, etc.  Anyone who actually read virtually any of the science of all of this, at the very beginning would know this.

That being said, N95/N99 (and their variants) have small enough holes in them that, when properly applied and sealed against the skin, have a good chance of blocking incoming airborne transmission.  What?  How can that be, since COVID-19 is still technically small enough to wriggle through the holes in an N95 mask were it so inclined?  Well, because, as the science pointed out (as well as several actual scientists who are members here and participated in this and other threads at one point or another), the virus itself, as well as miscellaneous related viral particles are basically never floating around on their own--they're virtually always contained within moisture droplets.  Droplets that are far too big to get through the holes in said masks.

When the shit hit the fan a couple of years ago now, and such masks became unobtainium, it was suggested that people use whatever they could to cover their noses and mouths while out and around other people, with the argument that, well, something is better than nothing.  And you know what?  It's true.  Wrapping a t-shirt around your face is definitely wanting when compared to other options, but that wrapping is many times more likely to snag incoming moisture droplets (virus carrying or not) versus allowing them to flow straight on through into your air passages.  It's not guaranteed, and no, it's not a great option, but it's literally better than nothing, which, if you actually read the full articles, interviews, etc., that mentioned things like this, versus only headlines, or listening to the talking heads of whatever media outlet you chose, is what was said.

Now, the thing is, most people didn't understand at all back then, and still don't now, WTF the masks (paper, plastic, cloth, jockstrap, CDC "hot zone suit," T-65 Power Armor, you name it) were primarily supposed to do.  Were they supposed to combat incoming particles like some sort of missile shield, keeping us safe against virii the way Israel's system keeps them safe against aerial bombardment?  FUUUUUUUUUCK NO.  They're supposed to keep YOUR germs next to YOU, and MY germs next to ME.  And, when used and applied properly (around others not of your household, properly pulled tight against the face, pinched properly around the nose and cheeks, etc.), they're remarkably effective at doing just that.  Basically, if everybody on the planet actually did this the way they were asked TWO YEARS AGO, and kept it up for ~3-4 weeks, maybe 6 at the outlier, this whole shit would be over and done with, worldwide, save perhaps a handful of people still stuck in a hospital bed and in labs, where the shit will likely live on and be studied forever.

So, argument that anything but the top tier masks were crap at protecting you from incoming stuff?  Valid.  But folks arguing this totally misunderstand and then seem to deliberately overlook that that's not at all what they were meant for, and it was really only talking heads on all sides that turned it into that sort of argument.

Argument that anything but top tier masks are just shit, period?  Invalid, because even the crappiest non-I-wrapped-my-spandex-shirt-around-my-mouth cloth or paper mask does the job it was supposed to in keeping your cooties stuck right up against you versus flying out into the air everywhere so everybody else gets to breath it in too.  No, they're not as great overall as something like the N95 or N99 (or, really, the T-65 Power Armor), but they do their basic job if people 1) wear them properly and 2) shut the fuck up and put the fucking thing on like you're supposed to (you know, having a modicum of respect, consideration, and worry about ones' fellow human beings versus being a whining, crying shitbag only concerned about themselves 24/7/365/∞).

If you guys want to play pin the tail on the asshole, there's plenty of places to do it, but if you're going to run around in circles in here, at least have the decency to actually make some sense and stay on topic.  Who does or doesn't watch Fox News or CNN has fuck all to do with the topic, and I, for one, would be livid to see this locked because some hot head couldn't keep it coherent enough to be relevant or take the random nyah-nyah gradeschool bullshit to DMs like an actual adult.  Some of you are guiltier in others in this, but feeding the troll and trying to reason when them can be just as bad.

Edited by darkchylde28
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

@darkchylde28 dont loop me in with them, you illustrated my point perfectly. 

I am just not going to write all that lol

Oh and be prepared for their rebuttal to consist of the one grammatical error you made. They will ignore all the other points 🤣🤣🤣

For the Covid record, they bay area here is more or less “normal” because people are good about masks (and vaccines) overall. We have kids in school lol they obviously work

• Like 1

Just now, OptOut said:

Well said @darkchylde28! 🙂

Thank you.  I apologize for getting a little hot under the collar, but this is a topic that I take very seriously and tend to keep right on top of all the ongoing science of.  At this point I even understand how and why the occasional bit of heart inflammation due to one of the vaccines happens thanks to conversation with some tinfoil hat types and proper researching.  (It happens when the person doing the injection fucks up and injects it into a blood vessel instead of the muscle, usually because they didn't pull back on the plunger to look for blood before pushing it down to inject you, FYI.)  At this point, unless you're trying to tinker with this stuff at the molecular level, none of the facts about any aspect of this stuff is rocket science, especially given the time there has been for extremely intelligent folks to break it down into terms that anyone can understand (even my children, so no, whoever you are, neither I nor the folks explaining things are talking down to you--they're just making the information as universally accessible as possible.

The politicizing and non-factual bickering about this stuff just drives me up and through the damned wall.  The vaccines have been proven to work, they've been proven to be safe (so long as the person doing your injection did it right--but that's not the vaccine's fault), and at this point if you don't want the jab, that's fine, you get what you get either way, but wear the goddamned masks until this is over.  If my then-2-and-now-3-year-old can wear one the entire time we're in a store (I don't take her in since things started going crazy again, but when they had died down, I would), then every grown-ass-adult whining about "MUH FREEEEEEDOM" can shut the fuck up and do their duty to other human beings and put the shit on.  Put a k-rad "FUCK THE DEMS" Punisher logo on it, or Trump's ass, I don't care, just cover up your germ holes while you're around people who don't live with you, don't touch your damned face without washing your hands, and wash and sanitize your damned hands and this will all be a slam dunk.  The shit can only live on surfaces for like 2-3 weeks, so if we outlast all the shit that's randomly on furniture and whatever, and all the truly sick folks are quarantined in the hospitals, it's fucking over.  1-2-3, DONE.  It is literally as simple as that, but the human race can't fucking come together for anything, lol.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

@darkchylde28 dont loop me in with them, you illustrated my point perfectly.

I am just not going to write all that lol

Oh and be prepared for their rebuttal to consist of the one grammatical error you made. They will ignore all the other points 🤣🤣🤣

For the Covid record, they bay area here is more or less “normal” because people are good about masks (and vaccines) overall. We have kids in school lol they obviously work

I'm in the heart of Redneck Fucking USA and guess what?  We've got kids in school too, without masks, because our asshole governor gave shitty parents the option to say no to masks, then prevented schools from being able to require them at all.

Dude, you were the worst bullshit name caller of the bunch.  If you had such damning evidence of Tanooki being Rush Limbaugh's jock strap, then quote the shit and drop the bomb--nut up or shut up.  The way you fucking rah rah over California and how nobody is good enough for it but you makes you the shining beacon as to why the stupid fuckers around me who cut themselves at the polls to show how they bleed Red (not literally, but I've heard morons talk) can't stand and won't talk to anyone with a differing political opinion.  I'm the "damned Democrat" of my wife's family because I won't kowtow to the fucking Republican line, call them out on their bullshit, and demand they cite sources and facts.  Everybody overlooks when I disagree with Democrat policies or am still pointing out how the Democrats fucked up when correcting some eggregiously made up, exaggerated bullshit spouted by the relatives.  If you weren't trying to hard to rub peoples' noses in their own shit versus having the discussion you seem to claim to want, you might actually have it.

Instead of pointing out whatever factual error you believed was going on in regard to science/policy/whatever, you had to loop in bullshit about how everybody acts and where their political affiliations fall, and what channels they get their opinions from.  Literally none of that matters, whether it's true or not.  We, as humans, are trying to all live through this shit, and should be collecting valid data from all sources, and distributing it to everyone, everywhere, and making sure they properly understand and are able to utilize it where possible.  I speak to my own family, who are all vaccinated, and relatively well versed about all of this, just like I do my wife's family, who are virtually all non-vaccinated, and who regularly "hang up" on me IRL, in texts, etc., when I ask them to cite the source of whatever conspiracy theory they're spouting that week, then proceed to have a rational discussion about why it's nonsense (not in those terms, but it usually comes down to it either being a meme versus any sort of real statement or the person making the statement isn't actually a doctor, scientist, etc.).

If you're that enraged by them, either don't engage, or do so only factually, then put them on blast in DMs.  Anybody who's pissed off enough at you about it will ping a mod/admin either way, so it really doesn't matter where you blast them, but doing so privately keeps muck racking nonsense like this from fucking up the arena of actual discussion.  Let the cooler head prevail, and if you can't, at least cite your sources (provide quotes!).

• Agree 1