IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

You guys just have to learn how to wipe with one square. 

When your done using the restroom, you take your square of toilet paper and you poke your index finger through the middle. Take your finger and clean all around your butt and when done you fold the sides of the toilet paper up to wipe off your finger.

Easy peasy. No toilet paper shortage.

Edited by Californication
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

My kid's school is shut down for 2 weeks too. Normally this would be a nightmare but my wife's work is shutting down too.

She's possibly working from home, if they can figure out a way. She's a library tech, so maybe she can populate the database from home and deal with the physical books when it reopens? I dont know. We get to find out later what's going on there.

I'm in construction and there's whispers of work sites shutting down as well. If we're both home 2 weeks without pay, there's going to be some unhappy bill collectors so I hope the unions figure something out on the dollars possibly lost front. Contrary to popular belief, construction isn't an amazing way to save up a cushion of cash just in case of emergency. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'll be braving the grocery store tonight for perishables for the weekends meals.  We'll see how it goes 

Good luck. 

I gradually stocked up on freezer and pantry items over the last few weeks, and have since been replenishing odds-and-ends every couple of days waiting for a day like this when people will inevitably get stupid.

Events Team · Posted
57 minutes ago, Californication said:

You guys just have to learn how to wipe with one square. 

When your done using the restroom, you take your square of toilet paper and you poke your index finger through the middle. Take your finger and clean all around your butt and when done you fold the sides of the toilet paper up to wipe off your finger.

Easy peasy. No toilet paper shortage.

I use the three shell method.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, doner24 said:

This is a big part of the problem. I recently got back from the San Francisco area where I had a conference with attendees from around the world. While there was a lot of hand sanitizer and little to no handshaking you never know what you come into contact with. To top it off, we flew out of San Jose airport where 3 TSA agents were confirmed with it on Monday. Tuesday I started feeling shitty, went in on Wednesday morning at open with a sore throat, runny nose, and a dry cough. They turned me away from testing because I didn’t have a fever. Now symptoms have gotten worse the last 24 hours and I’m thinking about heading back in tomorrow and staying until they test me. In the correct scenario, they should at least confirm I don’t have it, especially with having a mother that is extremely at risk of death should she contract it.  

Very sorry to hear this man, please keep us posted, and warm wishes for a speedy recovery (and hopeful results that you don't have it).

6 hours ago, Boosted52405 said:

I understand, although I still deeply don't want him to get it and will take any measure available (which is not much) to try and prevent it from reaching our home.  Just a paternal desire, "terrified" is probably an overstatement, but I assume you feel the same with your kiddos.

Our schools are all shutting down, guessing public daycares will come next...

I get that. Last thing any parent wants to see is their child suffer. Or deal with a lack of child care.

In other news, just got back from Wal-Mart. I managed to snag one pack of baby wipes. Everything non perishable was pretty much gone. Dairy was pretty much gone. It was crazier than black friday. I had to be very aggressive to get the pack of wipes that I did!

Message_1584132336341.jpg

Message_1584132396223.jpg

Message_1584132432977.jpg

2 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

I get that. Last thing any parent wants to see is their child suffer. Or deal with a lack of child care.

In other news, just got back from Wal-Mart. I managed to snag one pack of baby wipes. Everything non perishable was pretty much gone. Dairy was pretty much gone. It was crazier than black friday. I had to be very aggressive to get the pack of wipes that I did!

Message_1584132336341.jpg

That woman behind the eggs... in the back... to the left... I can only imagine she's listening to Soundgarden's Black Days.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Good luck. 

I gradually stocked up on freezer and pantry items over the last few weeks, and have since been replenishing odds-and-ends every couple of days waiting for a day like this when people will inevitably get stupid.

I'm glad I had the sense to go last night before closing. Lines weren't bad and I got basically everything I needed. Looking at the data, I knew Friday evenings would be a nightmare. Somehow I forgot sugar 🙄🙄 

Should I wait til Monday morning to grab some at 6am when it opens are face the potential madness of tomorrow morning at 6am?