IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

After about a year and a half of searching, a CIB copy of Silent Scope for the GBA has finally shown up! This game is definitely in the top 5 rarest Japanese GBA retail games.

What’s funny is that I actually ended up finding it locally. Never thought that would have happened. It also had the reg card which is a nice bonus and it is in immaculate condition.

IMG_5185.jpeg.ca9379602a02ea99859ead3e34a746d7.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Love 1

I finally found a Famiclone with a cartridge slot big enough to fit these carts. Unfortunately it is pretty old, so I don't have a lot of TVs that work with it. There is another Famiclone that is pretty much the same as this, but it has a built in screen, called a TopGuy. The TopGuy was the second portable Famiclone (predated by the Newten Boy 1, which also had a displayless counterpart) with its own display, unfortunately it is super rare

Portable Famiclone.jpg

• Like 12
  • Wow! 1

48 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Just most?

Kept the 2 Mega Man's, Shining Force 3, Legend of Oasis, and Dragon Force.  Otherwise anything over like $100 for Saturn is gone (i had basically every heavy, $100+, except Herc, Bomberman, Battlesport, and House of the Dead).  Also took some Sega CD/Genesis/SNES/NES games but most noteworthy was my Saturn collection being gutted.  Really happy with the trade though.  Never thought I'd actually get a Magical Chase 

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Kept the 2 Mega Man's, Shining Force 3, Legend of Oasis, and Dragon Force.  Otherwise anything over like $100 for Saturn is gone (i had basically every heavy, $100+, except Herc, Bomberman, Battlesport, and House of the Dead).  Also took some Sega CD/Genesis/SNES/NES games but most noteworthy was my Saturn collection being gutted.  Really happy with the trade though.  Never thought I'd actually get a Magical Chase 

Fair trade, Saturn sucks! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eyeroll 1

It has been a couple weeks now I guess since something came up with bothering. 🙂

I had a little grab of Adventure Island 2 GB (which is AI3 NES with passwords) during the week for $20 which was good.

Today I had a rare morning on a Saturday my time wasn't put into the backseat, so off I went quickly to what else...flea market. 😛  While thankfully I didn't get any fleas, there were some flea sized prices on things I got mostly which was nice as that just doesn't happen much anymore.  I tried that try-hard replacement space it was a dud, so I went to the failing one south, and it's slowly coming back I think since the twit owner put the old rent prices back.  I'll have to see how that plays out as I missed it.

Outside was thin as ever pretty much, but first thing I find was boxes with 50 cent goodies, and that's where Lupin down there and the red SP playable cover/case was and that was a good start.  Walking about a bit more a junker had a trailer of stuff, and throw in one was that RC car, was at $20, but since it was likely working but not sure he talked himself down to $5 so...ok!  Went inside to a ladies booth I've known of, was rifling around the boxes and found that awesome supersize Last Starfighter movie comic and that was just another $1.

Down a few rows to someone I've known in there for ages, was looking really just for NES stuff, but I see cowboys staring at me the shelf up, was able to talk that down 20% ($40) for Sunset Riders, and another $10 on Barker Bill(always been curious about this.)

About to go, checked outdoors once more, a few more had shown up.  I find a table with some random nice things, and boom..Orko!  Better yet only a dollar, and best finally one not missing that hat.  And then I see the A-Team van for another $1 and it's the original ERTL one too, new desk toy!

That RC Car is from 1989 Radio Shack, Turbo Buggy Master.  It at first refused to work, then it kind of clicked some when I pulled the top and started to clear dust and spin the wheels by hand.  I got it kind of working top off, failed with it on, then fiddled with it more and put in non-dollar store batteries and that thing is a speed demon.  It strangely has a charge port, but runs on 8 AAs.  I think maybe it could be used to charge some specific period batteries as I can't find a listing for a RS charger or power pak for it.

Does anyone have any clue on that thing?  If not, can you recommend some solid batteries preferable rechargeable?  Thing has some solid range, went like 3 houses down from me before I turned it to be safe which was unexpected.  The other stuff is cool but that car was the score of the day for me $5 for a $50 rc car that kicks ass.

5-6-2023-fleafinds.thumb.jpg.3280a78d958d039396c67d6429776d43.jpg

• Like 10

I haven't posted in several months so here's the seasonal update.

First off are the NES games.

PXL_20230509_003811901.jpg.b264d3b0808a2ea0674a4b5a0cb5198f.jpg

Nothing too crazy but I got some hail Mary offer s excepted on metal storm and Rainbow Island. Come to think of it, all of these were either auction wins or low ball offers accepted. Rainbow Island has done it's time in the sun at some prison flea market but the rest of the box is ok shape. No crush damage. Metal Storm I had been eyeing for a long time since missing it and I got a sick deal on it so I'm really happy. NES CIN collection coming together nicely.

PXL_20230509_003654380.jpg.03b1b56d64c038775fabffaa40a07663.jpg

PXL_20230509_003955286.jpg.21e65863ee95aab9a4e9759b24e63d09.jpg

Next, I had some real luck in the Saturn department. I got another crazy deal on Legend of Oasis, $110 shipped! I was feeling saucy late night and submitted an offer for Earth worm Jim 2 and he asked for my discord. We made a deal, just essentially minus fees but he asked if I had Pokemon cards. And boy do I ever. One thing led to another and I sent him about 100 of my doubles for Lunacy. Still in shock I managed the deal at all tbh. One of the best trades to date.

PXL_20230509_003840613.jpg.7ca4e2bd1629caeb6cb79827ad59e4d0.jpg

I got the Pokemon double pack at auctions for a decent price under MSRP. The red controller was the last solid color I needed CIB so I was glad to cross those off the list. Switch games were just on sale. I think Skyward Sword is missing from the photo. I picked up the Zelda switch as well. I'm just glad I skipped the other OLED CE switches.

PXL_20230509_003701465.jpg.b9ef3223aec2001cf96524c9cf50870d.jpg

The next two pics are yard sale gets for $1 each. We all remember dragons Lair 1&2 on PS2 right??

PXL_20230509_003904243.jpg.6df61b7e742c9f0db419c3b06ac733a7.jpg

PXL_20230509_012258344.thumb.jpg.ec8259bac450ad1b127e4720c282d568.jpg

Anyway, I'm largely tapped out for now. Fingers cross the yard sale season is kind to me and gaming gods show mercy and favor upon me 🙏 

• Like 11
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 4

I guess I am making VGS history today... So...

Below are the "professional quality" photos I paid for. With me not being mad because I paid for the Speed Run and got something closer to the Warp Zone. Plus, this is so silver and sexy that I may have to nickname it @JamesRobot Jr.!

Wata-1-Front.jpg.e07ca1dad6a58ea314f60210e7de0e61.jpgWata-1-Back.jpg.780166aa7c8647d6c5cd0b438758b123.jpg

As for what I said after I got this game... I was spot-on.

On 4/28/2023 at 4:58 PM, FenrirZero said:

As for condition, I think mine is nice enough to be submitted to Wata Games. My guess is that it get a 9.6 A+ grade.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

image.jpeg.ed53beed538bb5678b971178f6dbca03.jpeg

Got this Galaga mini Arcade. It was ten bucks. Local purchase. I already have the Pac-Man and Frogger mini Arcades that are part of this series, so maybe I'll get a full set eventually.

Anyway, while the graphics and animations are simpler, it has basically the same gameplay and audio as the Arcade version.

image.jpeg.2c1d2e0fa9290786fd28c0d191b619c3.jpeg

image.jpeg.396775a1546cfc270f3436a6f57b2703.jpeg

Another local purchase. Got Tony Hawk's Proving Ground. It cost five bucks, and is complete with case and manual. This was the last Tony Hawk game developed by Neversoft, and it was, in my opinion, the last good game in the series until the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 remake was released.

• Like 6

Just in time for what I expect to be a low-key weekend, the latest box from Japan and a book from Kickstarter (cool to see Miamislice backed it too!) showed up!

For a while now, I've wanted to get The Firemen, and a sweet deal popped up for a fully complete copy so i finally pulled the trigger. Around the same time, I saw a video about Gamecube games with titles I didn't know about that looked really cool, and I managed to score a sealed copy of Kururin Squash for next to nothing (I don't care about the sealed part, but the price was great). I also wasn't aware that Nintendo released a GC compilation of some of my favourite puzzle games along with a GBA-to-GC Link Cable, and for $15, it was a no-brainer for me,

66LbQpWbREWMeVhhWN3tBQ.jpg.32c193ae5d86c0f1ce98bfa758a9e701.jpg 

As things quiet down on the Saturn front, I found copies of a couple of the last disc based PC Engine games I'm after for nice prices complete w/obi; PCE games look awesome with the obis!

Other than that, my son was asking about the Sengoku Basara bluray he saw downstairs, and it got me reminiscing about X. I used to have the System 246 arcade hardware which I bought just to play Sengoku Basara X, but it was such a pain to deal with that I sold it. I looked online to see if it was arcade only, and to my surprise (and joy), it was release on PS2 in Japan. i found there was a collector's version, so i got that for next to nothing since the game is so cheap. I'm looking forward to some 1 v 1 goodness with my son this weekend 😉

5fMic-1eRca5YSezBqcEsg.jpg.b9906760c934009ce411d94d719d9aeb.jpg

And lastly, the Saturn odyssey continues with another batch of great games. i finally found copies of Deza 2, Strikers II, and Salamander Deluxe, and finally pulled the trigger on Keio Flying Squadron 2 as well as the last Parodius game I was missing for Saturn.

That Howard Philips book dropped in from the KS campaign so I'm really looking forward to going through that when I have some time.

KGuioRccTe6bv2k8bAXZXw.thumb.png.15720347b3fa9a24cbf3b5921c4fcf97.png 

So that's it for another week, and likely for a little while other than Tears of the Kingdom CE which should show up next week. i have so much (games and other things) to keep me busy, so that's fine by me 😉

i hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

Just in time for what I expect to be a low-key weekend, the latest box from Japan and a book from Kickstarter (cool to see Miamislice backed it too!) showed up!

For a while now, I've wanted to get The Firemen, and a sweet deal popped up for a fully complete copy so i finally pulled the trigger. Around the same time, I saw a video about Gamecube games with titles I didn't know about that looked really cool, and I managed to score a sealed copy of Kururin Squash for next to nothing (I don't care about the sealed part, but the price was great). I also wasn't aware that Nintendo released a GC compilation of some of my favourite puzzle games along with a GBA-to-GC Link Cable, and for $15, it was a no-brainer for me,

As things quiet down on the Saturn front, I found copies of a couple of the last disc based PC Engine games I'm after for nice prices complete w/obi; PCE games look awesome with the obis!

Other than that, my son was asking about the Sengoku Basara bluray he saw downstairs, and it got me reminiscing about X. I used to have the System 246 arcade hardware which I bought just to play Sengoku Basara X, but it was such a pain to deal with that I sold it. I looked online to see if it was arcade only, and to my surprise (and joy), it was release on PS2 in Japan. i found there was a collector's version, so i got that for next to nothing since the game is so cheap. I'm looking forward to some 1 v 1 goodness with my son this weekend 😉

5fMic-1eRca5YSezBqcEsg.jpg.b9906760c934009ce411d94d719d9aeb.jpg

And lastly, the Saturn odyssey continues with another batch of great games. i finally found copies of Deza 2, Strikers II, and Salamander Deluxe, and finally pulled the trigger on Keio Flying Squadron 2 as well as the last Parodius game I was missing for Saturn.

That Howard Philips book dropped in from the KS campaign so I'm really looking forward to going through that when I have some time.

KGuioRccTe6bv2k8bAXZXw.thumb.png.15720347b3fa9a24cbf3b5921c4fcf97.png 

So that's it for another week, and likely for a little while other than Tears of the Kingdom CE which should show up next week. i have so much (games and other things) to keep me busy, so that's fine by me 😉

i hope everyone has a great weekend!

Great GC pickups. Japan also released remasters of some Hudson games that you might be interested in. Star soldier, Bonk, Adventure Island and cubic lode running.

Japan didn’t get too many exclusives on the GC (roughly 12) but the ones they did get are pretty good. The US library is actually almost double the Japanese library.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

Nintendo Puzzle Collection is interesting because it has the unreleased N64 version of Panel de Pon:

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Great GC pickups. Japan also released remasters of some Hudson games that you might be interested in. Star soldier, Bonk, Adventure Island and cubic lode running.

Japan didn’t get too many exclusives on the GC (roughly 12) but the ones they did get are pretty good. The US library is actually almost double the Japanese library.

38 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

Nintendo Puzzle Collection is interesting because it has the unreleased N64 version of Panel de Pon:

Thanks, guys! I think you've probably gathered what I like by this point, eh @Brickman 😄 I'll definitely check out those suggestions.

@MegaMan52, this was a motivating factor in seeking out the collection, but then to get the big box version w/the cable for $15 CAD was the icing.

• Like 1