IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Back in Taiwan, working through the backlog in my online shopping cart.

None of these were steals, but eventually you have to embrace the grind of fullset box ticking.

IMG20230428113846.jpg.97c0ad6d375cecbb89b37d46120fc656.jpg

At the very least I did pick up a nice copy of Monster World IV, got another PAL exclusive here in Taiwan of all places, and I did find another random MegaDrive plug and play.

IMG20230428113904.thumb.jpg.d07479c086baa0fdf44792099e746495.jpg

IMG20230428113917.jpg.2eef91f558767babc8ce84bb1f9f4e0b.jpg

This one has a small but decent list of games included, and overall the box presentation and design is very appealing. I'm developing quite a nice collection of these MegaDrive spin-offs now, there seems to be an neverending range of different designs!

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

On 4/25/2023 at 5:22 PM, Code Monkey said:

I have no idea what's up with this Donkey Kong box but I had to have it. I'm currently in the process of asking those more knowledgeable than I.

Ghoul School was a pretty good steal at this price when I saw it 2 weeks ago but I didn't have time to buy it. I was amazed it was still there today.

IMG_20230425_151511.jpg

If I had to guess, I would say this is a homemade box by a small-time business that once catered to renting video games. Of course I could totally be off the mark, but nevertheless that's what it looks like 🙂

• Agree 1

And among the money losing failures I have faced in 2023 alone...

The gods have granted me another chance to own a rare gem when it comes to my grading goals! With this one being approved by Guy Sensei himself! 😭

rock lee guy GIF

For the record, yesterday and today was a duology of me finding out that my sacrifices were wasted efforts. But in between those cases I managed to obtain this uniquely rare gem!

Naruto3DS-Error.jpg.6d751308bb64fbf353665e0c51c31cd8.jpg

Alright... Here is the lone reason why it's a rare gem! In this case it is the typographical error.

Nartuo-Side.thumb.jpg.852b8d6278874f8dc0a0a0e03c6e19af.jpg

According to this article (click here) Namco Bandai Games has posted a report that they were aware that "some" printings of the game say "NARTUO" on the spine. But not much else beyond that.

As for condition, I think mine is nice enough to be submitted to Wata Games. My guess is that it get a 9.6 A+ grade. Which is fine just because...

AbsurdSituation.jpg.828334cd6f78756137e48d6500b67466.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

This is only the second time since COVID that I've found games in the wild, and the first time that they were priced at a bargain.  It's worth mentioning that these days I don't look for games in the wild all that often, but still it was fun to find these at a yard sale.  Everything in the picture was a dollar each.  The PSP stuff is all complete.  I passed on an SNES and N64 that were extremely dirty.  I just didn't feel like cleaning them up to flip.  So hopefully someone else got a good deal as well.  

April 2023 Pickups  1.jpg

• Like 8

I made my own thread now, but this was ordered two weeks ago before I started my thread.

This was the successful purchase that made me want to buy NES games in the box. I don't like to spend more than $150 Canadian on any game, so I try to shop under that amount. That makes many games I love too expensive in the box, so I've never seriously tried before.

I saw a boxed NES game that would normally be too expensive in interesting condition, and put it on my watch list. The seller sent me a really good offer, and after shipping and tax I bought a boxed Balloon Fight for $149.81 Canadian! ($110.59 US)

BalloonFightCover.png.7d4990d8d63726ba37a9972e337fd054.png

BalloonFightTop.png.bd80c528fdfe14dae546da1fa11e7e82.png

BalloonFightSide.png.94a2eb94a68577797db0ddfa4ab8f135.png

BalloonShinyCorners.png.74a7ea1ed0bf87cba9f4ef08062544aa.png

Compare.png.22b2732c5fc3ada8bbaac64f2a10875f.png

Isn't it strange and neat? For such an amazing price, who am I to complain about fading? It taught me to look into flawed copies of games, as good deals can happen with them. Balloon Fight was one of the five games I owned for NES the first time I had one as a little kid. It's one of my favourite NES games, and my favourite of all black box games. 😄

BalloonFightScore.png.2bddcc38dba59402c76fdc8d1a79f932.png

I'm also pretty good at it! 😌

• Like 9
  • Agree 1

On 4/30/2023 at 8:55 PM, killerkobra said:

Just returned from an Excellent video game themed road trip to meetup with some very cool VGS members 300KM away. The pickups were really flowing for me 😎

Note: both Sega CD games are Sealed. Very cool to find

I was there, can confirm. 🙂

image.jpeg

Edited by Nesmaster
  • Like 8
  • Wow! 2

I haven't posted in a while! Haven't been collecting aggressively but some cool things have come through. Please excuse the bad lighting on some of these. 

9LPwM4k.jpg

vUmTjVm.jpg

Sing 4 is an interesting one, it's not rare, but I haven't seen a brand new microphone bundle with the contest sticker before. 

fDXqfTM.jpg

That Rocker Power PC game was like $0.25 at the library. Still not worth it, but I couldn't just let it sit there (it's been sitting there for months). 

bGHtEZL.jpg

I still don't have a copy of Metroid Prime Remastered, but I have the My Nintendo reward. 

rmF2dvH.jpg

Finally got the Harvest Moon GB registration card to make mine CIB (I don't know what happened to my original card, I usually was very good at holding onto those). Also picked up another of one of my favorite variants, the Crafting Mama iron-on jewels variant. 

hkhasXg.jpg

And another sealed button variant of Ninja Town, 

DY3avJl.jpg

and another jigsaw puzzle variant of Zack & Wiki. 

Mu9noaq.jpg

yQuUmoq.jpg f0wzPSF.jpg

a44AOGh.jpg

GBC homebrew!

NusiHrS.jpg

And something to read 🙂

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I still don't have a copy of Metroid Prime Remastered, but I have the My Nintendo reward. 

Haha, I know the felling 🙂
Although in this case I have an extra copy of MPR for trade - if interested just drop me a line!