IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

Just like in ancient times, right > left 😛

And I am reminded of the ancient times where I used to claim that Irwin Toys was being "lazy" because their Dragon Ball Z merch was in both English and French. When making virtually little to no changes saves the publisher money.

Even though IT also packed that line with accessories that had nothing to do with the character. 😛

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Jynx said:

Will the thread be reset at 200 pages? Or will it keep going? Sorry for not a collection post. ^_^

Actually when this thread reaches 200 pages we'll have completed our collections, so the plan is to close the site entirely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Actually when this thread reaches 200 pages we'll have completed our collections, so the plan is to close the site entirely.

I guess the question sounds silly. 😄 I was truly wondering if it would reach a maximum storage or something though. 😄

And a new grading contender has entered the scene!

I am not a big GBA fan, which is a long story. But I am a Sakura Kasugano fanboy. And have been one since 1997! Even though I have burnt myself out trying to be one in the past. 😅

GBA-SPF2-1.thumb.jpg.1795b1d50c15fb8abb34741c0d7cab24.jpg

This is the second time I had to clean the protective box/bag after I got it. And with me doing any inspections, I only found factory made pinholes being the issue. So I have no clue how Wata (or CGA) would grade the seal.

But after looking at other copies online, the seal/wrap looks to be 100% legit. And case fresh. So I will have to wait and see if it will get at least a 9.8 A grade. Or if there is some minor reason it would grade slightly lower.

GBA-SPF2-2.thumb.jpg.c3fd4b2730c83222e6477a4dda437bd9.jpg

Overall... I am satisfied enough with this purchase, and hope it looks nice next to my first Wata sub. 👾

• Like 10

I managed to find another Tectoy Mega Drive game for the fullest. Now I'm missing 3 games.
Also found this Animal Crossing DS bundle a few days after I bought a CIB copy of Wild World. 
As for Cybernator and Dunk Dream, I wanted them for some time and finally got them.
Jungle Strike I only bought it because it's the Playtronic version and it's complete.

xoDk11Sh.jpg

Bought the 360, Xbone, Wii and PS3 games from a friend that has a game store.

Hw8Q7wih.jpg

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1

Events Team · Posted

Been a good month for homebrew.  I also got the translucent pink GPK cart.  The GunTneR package is dope as fuck.  Really nice matt printing.  Honestly might be the most professional materials I've seen from a homebrew.  Better than many era releases too.  Did not disappoint.

qrgEzfB.jpg

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Boxed games are too expensive for me, so I sold my boxes and manuals. I only had ten, so I sold them quick. Now I can go back to how I used to collect, with just cartridges.

BlackBox4.png.ed335684b56adf84a1876d30c0bbd693.png

Urban Champion is a fun game, and gets hated for no good reason. Gyromite is fun without the robot, and is more challenging when you play as a pacifist. Some levels are a real puzzle. 🙂

Clu Clu Land is hard, but I've beaten the first four loops to get to where the rupees flip over. Donkey Kong Jr. is the first game where you play as modern DK, and is the best NES Donkey Kong. 

I ordered another CRT TV too, because the one I have won't work with light guns. Some games do work, but not all of them. I can't have an NES collection without Wild Gunman or Gumshoe. 😠

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

Last weekend I went back to the flea hoping this person I helped out the week before wasn't a total flake, they weren't, but one of the two boxes was forgotten.  He told me he had a couple boxes of old Nintendo games, and with digging a good bit more stuff, but said he'd being what he did and half made it.  There was a couple dozen games, some pretty beat up, others decently good, and had SNES SF2+Pilotwings too.  He wanted $50 but I didn't need some doubles (Tyson, smb1 and 3, metroid for instance) and didn't want to take advantage so I grabbed 5 below, he just wanted $2 each so that worked.  Sadly BS2 is dead, CHR chip is fried far as I can tell having reflowed it a few times on every point.  (Edit: BS2 is repaired today (5/17), made a thread about it, bypassed a destroyed trace to the CHR chip.)  Then I found those 2 books for $10 about 1/2 off online ordering, and Tetris DX I paid up for at $20 as it's clean and I already had the manual.  So a nice little win of a weekend.

But during the previous week (and 2 weeks earlier on the red one below) I had bought online some goodies, and oddly they all showed up at the same time.  The everdrive I grabbed off ebay, bought new, unused, around $30 off retail so a small win.  The pokemon handheld is in stunning shape, other than a mostly out speaker which I have an OEM one on order and it was $70 shipped.  And the multi was from ali, first generation (3rd release with largest total titles) of a new breed of NES multicart that can hold over 15 games save data on chip, no battery, no single save overwrite the old bs they've done about 10 years now.  Was just $23 shipped, multi save, even saves your place on the game list which you can re-order in ways and remembers which page you're on between starts which is great.

If you want to check the game list as it's amazing, or get it (red, green, blue) here's the link: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802202593018.html

5-14-2023-fleafinds.jpg

5-14-23-mailcall.jpg

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

On 5/13/2023 at 4:57 AM, MegaMan52 said:

Nintendo Puzzle Collection is interesting because it has the unreleased N64 version of Panel de Pon:

On 5/13/2023 at 5:38 AM, Renmauzo said:

Thanks, guys! I think you've probably gathered what I like by this point, eh @Brickman 😄 I'll definitely check out those suggestions.

@MegaMan52, this was a motivating factor in seeking out the collection, but then to get the big box version w/the cable for $15 CAD was the icing.

Indeed, although in a way Panel De Pon WAS released on the N64 in the form of Pokemon Puzzle League, which strangely never saw release in Japan... It's a bit like how Panel De Pon was rebranded with Yoshi's island stuff on the Super Nintendo as Tetris Attack. Kinda weird how the same game is marketed totally different depending on the region.

The version of Dr. Mario on that collection is the same as Dr. Mario 64 which ALSO never saw a release in Japan, only in the US. I wonder if the version of Yoshi's Cookie on that collection is an unreleased N64 game too? 🤔

It's a neat collection with an interesting history sort of cobbled together there for sure! 😄

Newest addition to the world set.  this was one that made me scratch my head and say why.  Why is this being sold for over 200usd. It's by no means a top 10 game but for the 200usd price tag.  Please explain why.  I'm just not understanding these price tags for games.

DMG-A3BJ-JPN.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, JVOSS said:

Newest addition to the world set.  this was one that made me scratch my head and say why.  Why is this being sold for over 200usd. It's by no means a top 10 game but for the 200usd price tag.  Please explain why.  I'm just not understanding these price tags for games.

DMG-A3BJ-JPN.jpg

I actually picked up this game and return of the joker a few months ago for $50 locally. It was a very lucky find honestly.

This game is definitely in the hard to find category for Japanese GB games so it doesn’t surprise me the price is up there.

I’ve noticed that to be the case for a lot of Batman games in Japan. It took me a very long time to get Batman on the GameCube for my Japanese GC set and I definitely paid more than the average price for GC games for it.

Bat fever was pretty big in Japan in the 60’s but Batman is nowhere near as big there as it is in the west. I think this is why most Batman games are quite expensive and really hard to find, they didn’t sell quiet as well vs other regions.

20 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

50195BA6-710B-4052-ADD7-FEC7143D8804.thumb.jpeg.fcf656c30646855acbf583a5418b2826.jpeg

$5 each from a local shop. Any good deals or bangers in here?

Damn wow nice find at $5 even on the fluffy sports stuff really.  There are some nice games in there, some obvious the US got like Lunar Ball, (Lee Trevino's) Fighting Golf, Hatris, Legend of Kage (07 up top), and others.  But there are a few unique ones like the keroppi game on bottom and to the right of it.  For $5 you got a variable amount of fun that was both localized and not, but cheap enough to be worth not just leaving there to rot.  I wish famicom stuff showed up in my area...ever, even once. 😕

• Like 2