IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I found a couple more guides today! $15.00 each!

1452078164_Twomoreguides.png.6e0ee070827119bb9f4a2b69fbddfc77.png

I don't even own Kid Icarus Uprising yet, but I've been planning to buy it for Pit's legs its interesting looking gameplay. I actually did grow up with the first two games and loved them, so I'm pretty anxious to get my hands on Pit the game.

Also I got the Zombi U guide, which is bizarre timing since I very recently picked up the game itself!

I ordered some guides online too, so they should be coming in a couple of weeks.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, PuppyWaffles said:

Better question is why did Nintendo allow a single white case for the Wii U? It angers me because it's just a Wii case!

If you're talking about legend of kay anniversary, it threw me for a loop and I thought for sure someone replaced the case when I got it locally.. until checking online haha. At least it's a little nod to the game having older roots, but certainly confused me coming in late to it.

• Agree 1

image.jpeg.cb8ab92dc009c388a6e085c45fd5a7b4.jpeg

image.jpeg.820fb36745b7b2aa51d1df32f211e9e1.jpeg

image.jpeg.1ced6cd8297dc20e6a60cbd8883c6d3b.jpeg

image.jpeg.8d60809ca7f8d17a8bf99b3474cc8c62.jpeg

image.jpeg.d7698be7dfc90f80df1362125dd04dbd.jpeg

image.jpeg.a59ae9b32d45f0ec584ecbcd9925aa26.jpeg

Browsed the Switch eShop and decided it was time to download Vs. Super Mario Bros. I'd been wanting to download it for several years now, but decided to wait since I've played more versions of this game over the years than any other game (NES original, NES multicarts, the Super Joy III Plug & Play, All-Stars, SMB Deluxe, Animal Crossing, Super Mario Bros. 35, etc.). Also, downloading Super Mario Bros. 35 (which I still have even though it can't really be played) was a higher priority due to its limited availability.

Anyway, it is quite a bit harder than the NES version. There are fewer 1-Ups, some power-ups were removed or moved to different areas, some of the levels are from the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2 (with the graphics of the first SMB), the level layouts are a little different, you get points after beating Bowser like in the Japanese SMB2, and, of course, there is a score screen (with really catchy music).

image.jpeg.1225ccdd2cbe015a3e65f90eaa7370d3.jpeg

Not an addition to the collection of course, but I recently played the original Arcade version of Pac-Man Battle Royale. I mentioned earlier this month that I'd be watching Top Gun: Maverick. Well, the Theater I went to happens to have Pac-Man Battle Royale. I recorded a video and posted it on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfQRflQAokZ/

It is a little hard to both play the game and keep the Camera steady, so of course the video is a little shaky. There are also some audio issues, but it was so loud in the Theater that it was a little hard to hear the game anyway. I played as the regular yellow Pac-Man, while my brother played as the red Pac-Man. About halfway through the video, a third player joined us.

For those who don't know, Pac-Man Battle Royale is included in Pac-Man Museum +. I bought a physical copy of the Switch version earlier this month.

image.jpeg.f0748c97c8a329b8cfc83485387d3b9d.jpeg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5

I've scaled way back on collecting, especially retro stuff, but I still jump on clearance sales and the occasional B2G1 free for newer stuff. Also grabbed some reprints from VGP which is maybe my favorite new retailer. These are my pickups from the last couple of months.

As for what I'll actually play here... I'd like to get through Judgment, Tales of Arise, Baba is You, Xenoblade, and Tales of Abyss.

aVy3Kni.jpeg

vFpaSiB.jpeg

ELSjaX7.jpeg

tsq5T3y.jpeg

A1GIvZz.jpeg

• Like 10

20 hours ago, PuppyWaffles said:

Better question is why did Nintendo allow a single white case for the Wii U? It angers me because it's just a Wii case!

Well technically, there actually are white Wii U cases but they were never officially used for Wii U games. And I'm not talking about Legend of Kay.

Regular Wii U cases are ECO-BOX branded and they are mostly red, blue or green. But there are white ones used for some Wii games. I've mostly seen them on Wii refurbished games and some late print Wii releases.

• Like 1

I've been hunting around for a DuckTales 2 for a while and pulled the trigger on one from eBay. Paid a couple hundred under the price charting average which is not horrible within the current market.  An auction shortly after I bought mine went for over $1000 which seems crazy to me. Glad to add NES game #228 to the party.

image.thumb.jpeg.ca4e7e9fbd7581bb24a3c361bc36f3fb.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

A couple of mail deliveries today. The classic hunger balls themselves!

1710967881_NewGamesTuesday.png.3717b08dc9533c6fcfa85bae22608f3b.png

I had low expectations going into Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, but I was surprised to find myself dying a bunch and having to take it seriously. I noticed myself having a good time, and I'm kind of shocked at how decent the game is. It's by no means a must own, but I'm enjoying it. 🙂

I looked into who made it, and it was a company called "Monkey Bar Games" which developed eleven games within their nine years in business. That's quite the impressive development crunch, but sadly they've been out of business since 2016. Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 was their final game in 2014.

Their entire catalog consists of movie and television show tie in games, and both Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures games were the only times they got to work with an actual video game property. (Though it was still a tie in game)

Dedicated GBA and Game Cube enthusiasts may be familiar with one of their games though, which is that 2006 Curious George game that continues to surprise anyone who comes across it. 🙂

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Like 9

Sticking to my habit of largely not touching ebay for stuff, and with that it has been over a month since I got much of anything other than a couple random NES titles (Gauntlet II, Batman) but today paid off.  Wasn't working today, so made a run to another out of the way part of town.  First was an old store owner friends shop that's more centered around old toys and collectibles but has a good game case too, he's not a greedy sort either, rare breed these days as he has bags of manuals posters etc all $2-3 each, magazines are all $6 or 2 for $5 there type stuff.  Keeping that in mind, those 4 magazines were $20 and $2 for the manual/poster combo in the bag, then the NES games + Wing Commander took me up to $45.  Being well over there, remembered the other game xchange in town was a mile off, dropped another $40 for Super Street Fighter II (wanted this back) and Lagoon (never had it, wanted to own and try it out, now I can/will do.)  ($85 dollar day, no regrets.)

That Cheats book is amazing, that'll be very helpful since SNES+Gen are my target this year so far, the 2 early era NPs have no posters but are otherwise in really decent shape.  They're spares for me, I'll either use them as reader copies (my originals are excellent) or if someone has a nice game I want I'll trade. 😉

jun2822finds.thumb.JPG.c37ef6568155ce419681e53dff4c414e.JPG

• Like 9
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Sticking to my habit of largely not touching ebay for stuff, and with that it has been over a month since I got much of anything other than a couple random NES titles (Gauntlet II, Batman) but today paid off.  Wasn't working today, so made a run to another out of the way part of town.  First was an old store owner friends shop that's more centered around old toys and collectibles but has a good game case too, he's not a greedy sort either, rare breed these days as he has bags of manuals posters etc all $2-3 each, magazines are all $6 or 2 for $5 there type stuff.  Keeping that in mind, those 4 magazines were $20 and $2 for the manual/poster combo in the bag, then the NES games + Wing Commander took me up to $45.  Being well over there, remembered the other game xchange in town was a mile off, dropped another $40 for Super Street Fighter II (wanted this back) and Lagoon (never had it, wanted to own and try it out, now I can/will do.)  ($85 dollar day, no regrets.)

That Cheats book is amazing, that'll be very helpful since SNES+Gen are my target this year so far, the 2 early era NPs have no posters but are otherwise in really decent shape.  They're spares for me, I'll either use them as reader copies (my originals are excellent) or if someone has a nice game I want I'll trade. 😉

jun2822finds.thumb.JPG.c37ef6568155ce419681e53dff4c414e.JPG

Dam Dude I need that Simons Quest Nintendo Power issue been alluding me for years!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

Did some more sorting, this will be the last big NES haul to put away as I have about 8 left to find, but they are brutal too so they won't be coming fast let's say. 

20220629_151945.jpg

20220629_153611.jpg

Proof that if you'd planted a dollar, a money tree would grow 😄 Damn, @goldenpp72, you're a machine! Beautiful additions to your collection 🙂.

• Like 1

Some pre-orders finally all arrived (was waiting due to shipping consolidation) as did a small batch of things that went to my US box.

PHS1do_uSRiwQ4lVsgB4ag.jpg.7ede327412ed61414d38d6d9d309c9cf.jpg

My Mom just sort of annexed my copy of Death Squared (super addicted, lol), so I had to replace it with another 😉 I've been jazzed to play Record of Lodoss War (the first time I saw it in action, I had to do a double take because I was like "New Castlevania...!?!"). As for the Darkstalkers Fighting Collection (might as well be...all 5 games = AWESOME!) and Pocky & Rocky: great value for what both have on offer, and all the additions to P&R make seem to be making for a pretty definitive experience!

MwIM2vSPSQCXj-gKUplumg.jpg.fc6f2899948e18e6d46a59c92328a060.jpg

BitHead1000 had a video recently where he played Sword of Vermillion, it looked cool, so I managed to find a copy w/ the strategy book for $18. I realized while going through things that I never got Evolution 2 to go with the first game, so I rectified that (it seems that a lot of people find the Evolutions games boring...I'll have to check that out and see for myself), and my brother game me Persona 2 and Sekiro since he was clearing out a whole bunch of games. (He figured he'd give me Persona 2 since my LE is still sealed...just haven't gotten to it yet 😕)

kjKdAZ9gTaaH-fg3l4B5Vw.jpg.c94b2a24f95aea64916de157febfbcc0.jpg

I finally got Poképark 2 for my wife since I bought her the first game back in the day but forgot to pick up the second when it came out, and I thought - for years - that I had picked up Wario: Master of Disguise but recently released that wasn't so.

3n6gYrY_QeKpnx0oMRtD8w.thumb.jpg.a76a68b6a39eb5c32acdeae822a8ad39.jpg

Most importantly of all though was a Father's Day gift from my wife and kids. I love Horizon - everything about it - and so, when I found out there would be a Tallneck Lego set, I was over the moon. I planned on picking it up later this summer, but they surprised me with this and it was truly a touching moment. My daughter and I built it together, and it went right in the main game room on display in place of my Mega Man set-up; I am a massive fan of all things Mega Man, but this kindness from my family means the world to me.

All the best to the VGS folks out there, and thanks for looking!

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

Some pre-orders finally all arrived (was waiting due to shipping consolidation) as did a small batch of things that went to my US box.

My Mom just sort of annexed my copy of Death Squared (super addicted, lol), so I had to replace it with another 😉 I've been jazzed to play Record of Lodoss War (the first time I saw it in action, I had to do a double take because I was like "New Castlevania...!?!"). As for the Darkstalkers Fighting Collection (might as well be...all 5 games = AWESOME!) and Pocky & Rocky: great value for what both have on offer, and all the additions to P&R make seem to be making for a pretty definitive experience!

BitHead1000 had a video recently where he played Sword of Vermillion, it looked cool, so I managed to find a copy w/ the strategy book for $18. I realized while going through things that I never got Evolution 2 to go with the first game, so I rectified that (it seems that a lot of people find the Evolutions games boring...I'll have to check that out and see for myself), and my brother game me Persona 2 and Sekiro since he was clearing out a whole bunch of games. (He figured he'd give me Persona 2 since my LE is still sealed...just haven't gotten to it yet 😕)

I finally got Poképark 2 for my wife since I bought her the first game back in the day but forgot to pick up the second when it came out, and I thought - for years - that I had picked up Wario: Master of Disguise but recently released that wasn't so.

Most importantly of all though was a Father's Day gift from my wife and kids. I love Horizon - everything about it - and so, when I found out there would be a Tallneck Lego set, I was over the moon. I planned on picking it up later this summer, but they surprised me with this and it was truly a touching moment. My daughter and I built it together, and it went right in the main game room on display in place of my Mega Man set-up; I am a massive fan of all things Mega Man, but this kindness from my family means the world to me.

The Tallneck looks great! It is still sold out on the LEGO website 😞 I was probably an hour too late to order mine when it released. The price for it is great value and I was surprised it was so cheap for a licensed LEGO.

I thankfully got Optimus Prime though. That build was really fun and looks really good.

• Love 1

I've managed to snag a couple cheap lots for multiples of these Nintendo of America clamshell cases. One of the NES cases had a Toys R Us sticker on the back for .89 cents, I never realized these were ever sold in stores, I only remember seeing them in the Nintendo Power catalogs. I can't even say I remember actually seeing a rental store use these official brand. At this point I've run out of room on my media shelves for all three consoles so my favorite and valued games are going to start transferring to these style. I know there are Game Boy ones too but they are impossible to find.

g6Mtq3P.jpg

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, trj22487 said:

I've managed to snag a couple cheap lots for multiples of these Nintendo of America clamshell cases. One of the NES cases had a Toys R Us sticker on the back for .89 cents, I never realized these were ever sold in stores, I only remember seeing them in the Nintendo Power catalogs. I can't even say I remember actually seeing a rental store use these official brand. At this point I've run out of room on my media shelves for all three consoles so my favorite and valued games are going to start transferring to these style. I know there are Game Boy ones too but they are impossible to find.

g6Mtq3P.jpg

Never seen the super NES one before, pretty cool

2 good games today. Monster Jam is quite uncommon, seems most monster truck games are more obscure here, maybe more common in america. Im finding it harder and harder to find these games in good condition. Was very pleased  to get  it below ebay price.  Condemned is a game I thought I had, but I only had Condemned 2. Not hard to find, just most copies seems to be in bad condition.IMG_8274.JPG.be3692053da3cf9985616169e1c22fa9.JPG

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

Make sure that light is non UV. It will discolor the Legos incredibly fast if it is!

• Agree 1