IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

It has been a little while, and my turn.  I wanted to get this all sorted out with things coming anytime in the mail and just some good local luck once more in a couple places.  To start off, the left side, that was yesterday afternoon a straight trade for the GB dust cases I stored away, a dozen GB manuals, and a jp gb cart so I'm very pleased with that swap out.  I went from stored stuff I had virtually nothing into to 2 quality SNES games, and three others people either love or hate.  OOTW I got second hand in the late 90s, the other 2 I got at retail new, Zombies I've had before, Battletoads is new to me.

The right side, first two came from a peddlers mall spent over 2 days $35 between the two, was looking for Mickey as I've always had #1 and got #3(SFC) recently, Hudson there was new to me.  The 3 SFC games, same guy as last time from Japan, always more than fair price and great care of packing and product quality (Lupin, Gundam Wing, Goemon 2.)  Thunder Spirits (aka Thunder Force AC arcade port) is really awesome, never had that before got it online for 40% less than average.  And the last is my first megadrive game, that's Magical Taruruuto-kun, a cartoony well animated colorful solid platforming game from Game Freak, yeah, the pokemon people a couple years before that was born.

Then finally the last one in its own image.  I got this online, came out a year or two ago and it usually sells around the $75 mark for the JP or US version, got this new for $46.  It's Neko Tako, a fantastic shorter game, handles largely like an early/mid 90s arcade game.  Wrangle the fish needed per stage, grab coins to buy helpful perks, punish the kitty thieves.  It's a limited release, not sure how many copies, but I've seen a number just over 1500.  It won't stay new, was bought to be played with.

snes-sfc-mdgames.thumb.jpg.992d73a7bc27f206d018fa1732a8c6bd.jpg

sfc-nekotako.thumb.jpg.71e28b69c7cd84a56e77ae44f6e7b9d5.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bowser said:

I got it for cheap. Let's just say it cost barely a fingernail 😅

will i guess i will have to give you the arm as this is the only version i need for the full set of the pup's. the uk was even harder to get then the us side.  crazy....

@Brickman Wow good job.  I've wanted those but never could find a majority of them for anything near that price loose let alone complete because well online buying sucks now.  At this rate I'd settle for Balloon Fight, Mario Bros, Kid Icarus and little else. 😕

It was the day of the week when I can roll around to a couple out of the way shops that keep presenting me most the time with some reason to keep trying, and well, again it did, a little at each.  $10 for Super Thunderblade there, not shot a couple of later 90s first run mini pvc figures(moltres, zapdos) for 1.50/ea.)  Then the win was half price $75 for the two CIB games. 😄

genlocal2.thumb.JPG.055ecd191c6e3b22384db66fb75c8228.JPG

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@Brickman Wow good job.  I've wanted those but never could find a majority of them for anything near that price loose let alone complete because well online buying sucks now.  At this rate I'd settle for Balloon Fight, Mario Bros, Kid Icarus and little else.

Thanks! I think it was definitely a lucky find and I didn't even hesitate because normally you live to regret those choices haha. If I get any of those in a bulk GBA lot I'll let you know 🙂

13 hours ago, Brickman said:

Thanks! I think it was definitely a lucky find and I didn't even hesitate because normally you live to regret those choices haha. If I get any of those in a bulk GBA lot I'll let you know 🙂

Thanks yeah if you do let me know I have some good trade stuff or $ either way.  I couldn't do a full set, some are just unable to be read, but would display well.  They do have custom order cases for each set of 10 over there too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drxandy said:

I always loved the packaging for those @Brickmanwas goin for them back in the day and bought from lik-sang (rip) have the first 10 but stopped going for them, used to have the regular version Famicom GBA SP too but regrettably sold it. Super cool to get em all at once, niceeeee!!!

I was actually surprised how small the packaging is. It really is mini haha. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brickman said:

Latest pickup, the complete Famicom Mini GBA games. It didn't include the special display boxes they came in unfortunately. Worked out to be $20 each which I was pretty happy with.

1.jpg.2a41853f547d3a0196f8357b50759292.jpg

Nice pickup. I've always been tempted by these when they pop up in my eBay feed.

• Like 1

mspacmanplugandplaypic1.jpg.b19ef5a821173ee523c882f9f87b2c71.jpg

mspacmanplugandplaypic2.jpg.4ca334efc1e4710efabada1a0b2d5101.jpg

mspacmanplugandplaypic3.jpg.81b5bbd04c26f4d41169416861f65a6a.jpg

image.jpeg.01303702ea3acaf68bc937e39f43b134.jpeg

mspacmanplugandplaypic5.jpg.8147fd5fe1abc4befbc6232c3342c7fd.jpg

Jakks Pacific Ms. Pac-Man Plug and Play from 2004. Aside from Ms. Pac-Man, it also contains Galaga, Pole Position, Mappy, and Xevious. This was a local purchase, from the same seller that sold the Super Joy III and Kool Kidz Plug and Plays to me last month,. Unlike those units, this one is licensed. The score info in Ms. Pac-Man and Mappy is on the right, much like the Namco Museum collections for PS1. Also, unlike the original Arcade version, the screen in Mappy scrolls vertically a little.

You know, this looks kind of familiar. I think I saw this or a similar plug and play at Toys R Us in the mid 2000's. I guess this was the alternative for people who didn't have (or want) the Namco Museum collections. Anyway, it was $15 (Canadian). Wish I paid a bit less, but when I bought the Super Joy III last month the seller gave me the Kool Kidz plug and play for free so I guess I shouldn't complain.

metalslugwiipic1.jpg.0cdbdf1c17974360ed610db90cd800b5.jpg

metalslugwiipic2.jpg.39019be351eab5a96c4a5b73bfef1a0c.jpg

metalslugwiipic3.jpg.498fd8a8daac3e3372e81081ea486b25.jpg

Another local purchase, but from a different seller. Got Metal Slug Anthology on Wii for $5.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, LifeGame said:

Latest pickup, sealed Crystalis

7DA6F946-B1E2-44F7-9F80-FDB21181FA2C.thumb.jpeg.a2a66afe4b8134a12f91bee5cb38d663.jpeg

So fancy. I'm not super big into sealed Nintendo but I wish I got one of these when they were like 100 bucks. Even after 2019, it had some of the biggest quality to lowest price out there for a while.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:39 PM, bowser said:

Got some uncommon stuff in the mail today!

5RD1xL9.jpg

That Gyromite has flathead screws right?  You don't see a whole lot of 3 screw Gyromites with no Made in Japan.  I have one and it has flatheads.  I also wonder what the chip dates are.  The label of the one without Made in Japan came first obviously, but mine has later chip dates than the one with Made in Japan.  8722 without Made in Japan, 8652 with Made in Japan.

Edited by wyansas

2 hours ago, wyansas said:

That Gyromite has flathead screws right?  You don't see a whole lot of 3 screw Gyromites with no Made in Japan.  I have one and it has flatheads.  I also wonder what the chip dates are.  The label of the one without Made in Japan came first obviously, but mine has later chip dates than the one with Made in Japan.  8722 without Made in Japan, 8652 with Made in Japan.

Yes mine has flathead screws too. The only date codes I see are on the lockout chip with a code of 8724. The stamped code on the back label is '08'.

xLqQDEA.jpg

• Wow! 1

On 5/2/2022 at 10:04 PM, darkchylde28 said:

This has been scraped together here and there over the course of a few months, but I figured it might still be of interest.  Everything's legit...

spacer.png

The NES is a bootleg.

On 5/3/2022 at 8:58 AM, Galdius said:

Got a few more games.

I got lucky and found the left bros SMB 3 for US$55 here in Brazil.

b2wcgOJl.jpg 

What's the date code on the flap of Super Mario Bros. 3?

1 hour ago, bowser said:

Yes mine has flathead screws too. The only date codes I see are on the lockout chip with a code of 8724. The stamped code on the back label is '08'.

xLqQDEA.jpg

Here's mine, and it doesn't have a stamp on the back.

20220507_210815.jpg.f665482414132372ee14fbf42441ad57.jpg

I'm not totally sure I'm right, but I deciphered the date code with help from the bootgod database. That site's down right now but this one has good info too: https://telcontar.net/KBK/tech/IC_dates

On mine, 7E5 is the weird date code.  7 means 1987, E is the 5th letter and means the fifth month (May), 5 means the fifth week of the month.  So if you were to use some internet tools to figure out which week of 1987 that was, the standardized date code would be 8722.

Yours standardized would be the 2nd week of September, 1987, or 8737.  J is the 10th letter, but means the 9th month because they skipped using I because it looks like a 1 or something.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1