IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

3 minutes ago, Matchbook said:

@Galdius Dang dude!!!  Do you live in a freaking warehouse?  You're entire collection must be a new wonder of the world!!

Some awesome stuff!

yeah.  after closer inspection, it looks like what he picked up as no duds in it. i'm sure it cost an arm and leg for it all.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, final fight cd said:

yeah.  after closer inspection, it looks like what he picked up as no duds in it. i'm sure it cost an arm and leg for it all.  

The guy had more than 4000 games. During one week he sent me more than 300 photos of the games. I was in awe. I wanted to buy everything lol Those were the ones that I knew I had to get.

39 minutes ago, final fight cd said:

nice!  if you are looking for a challenge, undead line is definitely one of the hardest sega/mega drive shmups.  i put in a decent effort several years ago and could only 1cc it on the easy setting.  default settings tore me up.  

I love shmups but I’m not very good at them. I would never try to 1cc but I will play Undead Line.

Edited by Galdius

@Galdius Your SFC image both makes me happy and equally sad.  I used to have a collection largely that size or so, all CIB too, quite a few in that image I did cherish so and I miss them.  I'd love to have them again but the prices on SFC stuff got stupid back when SNES stuff started to get a raging boner in 2012-2013 because they caught on to western shenanigans. 😞  I see a few nice Famicom things too.

Do you actually use all these, collect, or trade, sell the stuff as you get a LOT in.

Today I spent $25 at a dudes house, he had some nice arcade games in states of repair/disrepair though too.  Mostly filler, but I was happy to get GB Alleyway, NES Tag Team Wrestling+Captain Skyhawk w/manual+Double Dribble and an OEM SNES controller too.

Muted March

Some "limited print" stuff as always but I am super happy to get a Sonic the Hedgehog nordic MD rental. The front of the Sonic has the price of 49 kronor and the back has a sticker for Can Can Video, which is some Swedish video store - love stuff like that.

JonyTBr.jpg

DLPiQR0.jpg

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@Galdius Your SFC image both makes me happy and equally sad.  I used to have a collection largely that size or so, all CIB too, quite a few in that image I did cherish so and I miss them.  I'd love to have them again but the prices on SFC stuff got stupid back when SNES stuff started to get a raging boner in 2012-2013 because they caught on to western shenanigans. 😞  I see a few nice Famicom things too.

Do you actually use all these, collect, or trade, sell the stuff as you get a LOT in.

I collect. Sometimes I sell 1 or 2 games at the local retro game store.
If I buy a game to upgrade a copy that I already own, I usually take the old copy to sell at the store.
I sell it for less than it goes for but it's easier and this has helped me with the owner.
If something that I want comes in he usually texts me and gives me a better price on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Galdius said:

I collect. Sometimes I sell 1 or 2 games at the local retro game store.
If I buy a game to upgrade a copy that I already own, I usually take the old copy to sell at the store.
I sell it for less than it goes for but it's easier and this has helped me with the owner.
If something that I want comes in he usually texts me and gives me a better price on it.

I've done that, it's a smart move.  I just was surprised at the bulk over time.  You're making me struggle not re-attaining my old SFC collection but the prices suck and suck bad, notably over what pretty/pristine CIB stuff was just a decade earlier.  I got curious and looked up Macross on SFC, $80 these days... I paid that for a complete one almost.  I kind of fear looking up Cotton, Sailor Moon+R+S/SS fighters, Zenki, Popn(and not) Twinbee+Rainbow Bell Adventure, Parodius, Goemon 2, various others.  I could easily see this topping 1K within no time if my fears are founded. 😞

• Like 1

These games are not technically new, they've been in my trade list for years - and I have gotten NOTHING but low-ball offers for them! So, I just decided to take all the PS1 games I really love, make sure they're all CIB and MINTY (they are 😃
and remove them from my trade list! So, now they're my PS1 Collection

ps The original soundtrack to SOTN is sweet...

DSC06219.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

These games are not technically new, they've been in my trade list for years - and I have gotten NOTHING but low-ball offers for them! So, I just decided to take all the PS1 games I really love, make sure they're all CIB and MINTY (they are 😃
and remove them from my trade list! So, now they're my PS1 Collection

ps The original soundtrack to SOTN is sweet...

DSC06219.jpg

Not a bad start of a PS1 collection.  The Tragic Prince is easily one of my all time favorite game tracks.  When that guitar kicks in…damn.

23 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Not a bad start of a PS1 collection.  The Tragic Prince is easily one of my all time favorite game tracks.  When that guitar kicks in…damn.

Thanks 🙂

I had many more PS1 games, but I'm now just keeping the ones I really appreciate and enjoy.

@avatar! Hah so you do have that audio CD, and well technically that does fit as something new, even if they were meant not to be as they are now.

Today I bumbled across a copy of Gamecube Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and it's in overall excellent shape, minimal wear to the disc thankfully but it wasn't like some cheap pickup either, was $40 but totally worth it being local.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

oof, um, Remi is the name of my plant manager 😳😆

Sorry man.  You can't win them all.  We deliberated a name for a long time.  In fact, we decided by writing the final three on plates and then seeing which one he at food off of first.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
31 minutes ago, RH said:

Sorry man.  You can't win them all.  We deliberated a name for a long time.  In fact, we decided by writing the final three on plates and then seeing which one he at food off of first.

oh, there is no need to apologize lol, the important thing is puppers has a new home 😉  looks like a good dog.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Of course packing up all my stuff into storage isn’t going to keep me from buying more crap! Got this lot for a good price on eBay after sending the seller an offer. Never heard of TG16 as a kid and no one I knew had one so excited to welcome another console to the collection. image.jpg.5593d3b8a0415e289bf25d12f0aefbdb.jpg

NICE job, welcome to the world of ramen and mac n cheese because that's all you probably will be able to afford after buying a game or two for this one.  The slime is most intense with this market of sellers over most other systems.  If you can wrangle it, you must get an everdrive.  Not just for that, but also because largely the best made games never left Japan.