IGNORED

Limited Run Games

I got a whopper of a surprise, LRG actually kept their word on yet another game.  Another of their plain white flat square boxes showed up today.  I was hoping it was Doom+Shantae, but nope.... Grandia HD Collection popped up instead!

I'm surprised, sadly distracted, so it'll get shelved for a time.  I still have an old Grandia 2 guide, probably just going to play that one anyway since i loved it on Dreamcast anyway.

6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I got a whopper of a surprise, LRG actually kept their word on yet another game.  Another of their plain white flat square boxes showed up today.  I was hoping it was Doom+Shantae, but nope.... Grandia HD Collection popped up instead!

I'm surprised, sadly distracted, so it'll get shelved for a time.  I still have an old Grandia 2 guide, probably just going to play that one anyway since i loved it on Dreamcast anyway.

I have a Grandia cloth map that was available in Japan with the first Saturn releases.666586.jpg.e0249ee8db48bc69635cee94d8646c28.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Another blowout sale in the books! The Switch blind CE's went live before 10am, then the standard blind boxes, then various games one by one. I did my strategy which was to snag each item I wanted in separate orders. Ended up making 7 orders. The only items I missed out on were Celeste CE, Vall-hall-a and Battle Princess Madelyn. The latter two I could have probably snagged if I had been quicker. Oh well! I'm actually looking forward to Duck Game CE and Axiom Verge for Wii U the most, those were a couple that I actually wanted to have and somehow skipped before. 

I missed out on almost everything I wanted. I don’t have any of these as I just got my Switch and I was really hoping for a couple of each of the blind boxes, regular and especially CE for the Switch, and failed miserably. I managed to grab Turok (Switch) which I wanted, after Turok 2 sold out in my cart, as well as a collectors edition blind box for the PS4. I’m hoping for a Jax game or Metal Slug 3.

Disappointed but mostly my fault. My older teenage daughter was having a really hard night so I didn’t get much sleep and forgot to set an alarm. 

My most wanted games from the blowout sale all got sold out before I could finish checkout.  I wound up getting a few I was kinda interested in, so it wasn't a total loss.  There were some things in the blind boxes I wanted, but there were also so many that I didn't want I decided to pass.

On 12/16/2020 at 5:54 AM, Tabonga said:

I initially liked the revamp of Brigandine but once I got into it I was greatly disappointed with what had been done to it - took out much of what I considered great about the original.

What did they change that made it so bad?   It has been a long time since I played the original, but when I played the demo of the new one, it seemed the gameplay was pretty much identical.  The new characters didn't seem as interesting though and I prefer the original's graphics, so the demo just made me want to replay that one.  

Just now, Tanooki said:

I guess I missed out?  Doesn't seem to be any Switch offerings from earlier in the year, just a couple Star Wars games I guess they overproduced for older consoles.  It's just a mess of playstation junk.

They don’t have recent Switch offerings because they still haven’t shipped out the orders for those. Blowout sales are made up of the leftovers from those prints after the claimed orders have shipped and they have handled any replacements due to shipping damage etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red said:

What did they change that made it so bad?   It has been a long time since I played the original, but when I played the demo of the new one, it seemed the gameplay was pretty much identical.  The new characters didn't seem as interesting though and I prefer the original's graphics, so the demo just made me want to replay that one. 

They revamped the monsters a lot - basically greatly ratcheted up their physical attack, defense and hp stats.  One of the neat things about the original was that you could take advantage of the unique special attacks of your creatures - I loved to take an Artemis and give her a complement of high centaurs and you could take out an enemy leader or monster of your choice pretty much instantly.  Or have Dryst lay a power spell on his bahamut and do a world of hurt.  Or Zemeckis taking out enchantresses with a single shot. Now the special attacks are like flea bites and the battles become long drawn out physical slugfests.   Not the (at most) 12 turn affairs that made the battles in the original  such a joy.  The AI just needed to be tweaked in the original and it would have been a great improvement.

They created a whole boat load of new monsters (so many that on the small screen you can't really tell what is what) - but they are now just variations on a theme,

Just my take on it - other people may like it a lot - just not my cup of tea.

Edited by Tabonga

Man I was going to try for one or two of those switch blind boxes in hopes of getting a copy of Divinity 2. That should be read as hopeless really...But I got messed up over the death of Doom - very little motivation this morning, or today really.  Hope y'all got lucky  

Edited by Soma
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Skorp said:

So bummed I missed out on Transistor Collectors edition. I had it in cart and payment was ready and after clicking the final button, it said sold out. 😞 Arghh..it's the only Switch collectors I am currently missing. Thought it was my chance, but guess not.

I have an unopened copy (Collector's edition) for trade. If interested shoot me a message 🙂