IGNORED

Limited Run Games

15 minutes ago, RH said:

Ok, what! Granted, I'm glad to be getting that one quickly, but I think preorders just closed on that one and they also said they were going to work through their shipping backlog based off of order age. This is practically a new order from me. Why has it shipped so fast?! I'm not upset. I just don't understand the logistics.

It is not part of their numbered series - basically they are acting as a store for whoever actually made it - so the production schedule was not up to Limited Run (think of this as a good, a very good thing!).

I recently pre-ordered Holy Potatoes! Compendium through them and it is on its way to me already.

• Thanks 1

I just got my Jedi Outcast/Academy games along with Shantae: Seven Sirens yesterday.  

Unfortunately, if you are a sealed collector, you might not like the quality of the seal on the Jedi Knight games.  I'm going to open mine, so it doesn't matter to me.  Everything is in perfect condition, but the seal isn't very attractive on the spine, at least for me.  

12 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Two upcoming games by Special Reserve

These are limited to 3000 numbered copies. Apparently they decided to do away with the open pre-orders!

Screenshot from 2020-11-24 22-15-12.png

I got this email too and had never heard of the games. I looked into them and they didn't look very interesting to me but have scored well. Anyone played them?

4 minutes ago, Sumer said:

I thought about the Shenmue III package, but then realized I still haven't played Shenmue 1 or 2 yet and probably will be another 10 years before I even touch THOSE games on my PS4.  So, I passed.  😄

I'm sort of in the same boat.  I want to play those games, but am I ever going to?................ probably not.  

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
On 11/25/2020 at 11:46 AM, Tabonga said:

Red Art Games is having a Black Friday sale of some sort (no details given) on Friday at 12:00 pm CET.  They have some interesting stuff so there are a couple of things I want to get if the sale is decent.

https://www.redartgames.com/

Just FYI Kholat is pretty shit. I'd skip it even if heavily discounted.

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

Just FYI Kholat is pretty shit. I'd skip it even if heavily discounted.

While I have always found the Dyatlov Pass Incident really intriguing I read some reviews of Kholat that agree with you.

I have a couple other of their games and am looking at Candleman and Stay if they reduce them a bit.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Tabonga said:

While I have always found the Dyatlov Pass Incident really intriguing I read some reviews of Kholat that agree with you.

I have a couple other of their games and am looking at Candleman and Stay if they reduce them a bit.

It really doesn't do the lore justice in any way whatsoever. If you're familiar with it, then I'd give it an even harder pass.

12 minutes ago, Gloves said:

It really doesn't do the lore justice in any way whatsoever. If you're familiar with it, then I'd give it an even harder pass.

If you haven't read it yet this theory certainly explains a lot towards whatever happened there.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2015/05/01/dyatlov-pass-a-chilling-mystery-solved/

• Like 1

Is there something special about this Shadow of the Ninja release? Like with Metal Storm, where there was a new English translation of the old Famicom version? Normally I enjoy these official repros but this one doesn't seem that interesting, especially when the original licensed release isn't that rare.

1 hour ago, dvertov said:

Is there something special about this Shadow of the Ninja release? Like with Metal Storm, where there was a new English translation of the old Famicom version? Normally I enjoy these official repros but this one doesn't seem that interesting, especially when the original licensed release isn't that rare.

Famicom? Metal Storm was initially a North American NTSC release and I don't think it had any text in it. 

1 hour ago, dvertov said:

Well there's some merch now for this game wich never would've happened otherwise. Whatever that's worth, if you're interested in that type of shit. I would've wished something more like a little statue as opposed to a flat standee but hey it is what it is. Like i said if you're into this games fictional characters/universe like that you'll never find anything else so this is it.

2 hours ago, dvertov said:

The soundtrack on CD has never been released before, so that is new and cool! As for the game, most likely it's the same as the original. Note that original CIB copies are much pricier than this new edition.

• Like 1