IGNORED

Limited Run Games

On 1/9/2021 at 6:28 PM, Tanooki said:

I don't get the love for Scott Pilgrim, probably could watch that movie, but it seems too weird.  Yet that other, Shiren, I could see going on that.  The random factor on that with the dungeon generation tend to keep them fresh.

You’ve never seen the movie? It’s the kind of movie I could watch over and over.

Editorials Team · Posted
On 1/9/2021 at 4:28 PM, Tanooki said:

I don't get the love for Scott Pilgrim, probably could watch that movie, but it seems too weird.  Yet that other, Shiren, I could see going on that.  The random factor on that with the dungeon generation tend to keep them fresh.

Good game, good movie, good source material *shrug*

You say weird like it's a bad thing 😛

18 minutes ago, Californication said:

Pocky and Rocky 2 might be tempting but I don't own any repro's

What's in a name? That which we call a repro. Would it by any other name not play as sweet?

I like these repros in the sense that they come with collector’s edition bonus items. To just buy the game in standard edition packaging isn’t that exciting.

Yeah, I've never read more than probably a dozen or so pages from one of the books sitting in a half price just curious and it didn't grab me enough to read the entire thing, so when the movie dropped I didn't care at all.  The preview just looked cheesy in a way I'd not get into it, and I do love trash movies like Masters of the Universe, SMB, rubber monster stuff, badly dubbed kung fu too. 😄

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

The preview just looked cheesy in a way I'd not get into it, and I do love trash movies like Masters of the Universe, SMB, rubber monster stuff, badly dubbed kung fu too. 😄

If you haven't seen it you might check this out:

It is a low budget anthology deal which looks like a bunch of cinematography student efforts thrown together - it was put together by Charles Band pre Full Moon era.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah, I've never read more than probably a dozen or so pages from one of the books sitting in a half price just curious and it didn't grab me enough to read the entire thing, so when the movie dropped I didn't care at all.  The preview just looked cheesy in a way I'd not get into it, and I do love trash movies like Masters of the Universe, SMB, rubber monster stuff, badly dubbed kung fu too. 😄

Do you like Edgar Wright?

The Scott Pilgrim game is a mindless hack-n-slash take on the beat'em up genre, very similar to River City Ransom. Though I'd say I don't find RCR to be an especially good game (it's a fun game to just put on to roam around in with a friend for a short while, but if you try to genuinely play through the game, it gets incredibly repetitive super fast), Scott Pilgrim at least managed to switch things up regularly enough to remain entertaining all the way through, helped immensely by its well made setpieces and banging soundtrack.

If you're expecting quality brawler gameplay, look elsewhere, and in terms of easy casual-minded beat'em ups, I'd still take Castle Crashers any day, but Scott Pilgrim can still be fun given the right mindset.

On 1/13/2021 at 7:36 AM, Tabonga said:

It is a low budget anthology deal which looks like a bunch of cinematography student efforts thrown together - it was put together by Charles Band pre Full Moon era.

Low budget... but, still cool. Back when "special effects" actually meant something 🙂

On 1/13/2021 at 7:36 AM, Tabonga said:

Wow no, and that trailer I'm kind of surprised I haven't.  Being Shout Factory I wouldn't be surprised if they were streaming it somewhere, or fed it to the mystery science crew. 😄

On 1/13/2021 at 11:40 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

Do you like Edgar Wright?

Never heard of him so I looked, then I recognized Shaun of the Dead which I've seen, but I liked, not loved it and I don't think I've seen it more than twice since it came out.

11 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

People are saying Scott Pilgrim will be the best selling game from LRG. Anyone agree?

Best selling?

That depends on their marketing, the price point, and the print runs. 

LRG will be able to sell whatever they print, within reason, given the right time period. What they don't sell online they potentially have Best Buy, shows, and end of year sales.

If we are saying best game the answer would be no, by a long shot.

Edited by Californication

I will be curious to see how well it sells.  It's certainly been one of the most demanded games in terms of social media comments, so it will be interesting to see if the people calling for the game are willing to open their wallets to pay for it.  The fact that both Switch and PS4 versions are open pre-orders will certainly help make it possible to be the best selling game, but that also can have the effect of losing sales from the people who only look at the games as investments.  

Either way it doesn't really matter to me.  The game looks interesting enough to pickup and play, so I will order it.  I just haven't decided which console I want to go with just yet.  

Edited by TDIRunner

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

Curious who exactly is saying this?

Josh himself “

Only three hours into a six week sale and Scott Pilgrim is already our highest grossing release ever! 

Thank you to everyone who has bought it so far! For everyone else, you've still got six weeks to order so there's no rush.”

he posted it on Twitter 

11 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

Josh himself “

Only three hours into a six week sale and Scott Pilgrim is already our highest grossing release ever! 

Thank you to everyone who has bought it so far! For everyone else, you've still got six weeks to order so there's no rush.”

he posted it on Twitter 

I hope he's not confusing orders with purchase orders. A lot of retailers try and combine purchase orders into their sales revenue to hype up money they haven't made yet.

Well I bought this game and I don't buy much Limited Run Games nonsense so that's something.

9 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I hope he's not confusing orders with purchase orders. A lot of retailers try and combine purchase orders into their sales revenue to hype up money they haven't made yet.

Well I bought this game and I don't buy much Limited Run Games nonsense so that's something.

I think that's direct sales. AFAIK the Best Buy sales comes after when they decide what they want to order along with Mom & Pop shops. They have 3 levels Sku's for each platform plus UBISoft pushed it on their Twitter.

Also, the Xbox version is coming soon and XBox minimum physical order is 50,000 so they all expected this to sell. 

Edited by Mr. CIB

1 hour ago, DarkTone said:

People are saying Scott Pilgrim will be the best selling game from LRG. Anyone agree?

It sure makes sense since SP is like the poster child of why we need to hoard physical games. Does any other delisted game come close in terms of popularity? Maybe P.T.?

Buying Scott Pilgrim probably feels like buying a Beanie Baby that was already retired 10 years ago, not one that you're worried about getting retired in the future.