IGNORED

Limited Run Games

7 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Famicom? Metal Storm was initially a North American NTSC release and I don't think it had any text in it. 

Ok, so the NA version came out first, but the Retro-Bit re-release was a new translation of the Japanese ROM. Plus the palette in the JP version was improved, so the player is now white like a mech, instead of red like a... walking meatball.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:59 PM, dvertov said:

Ok, so the NA version came out first, but the Retro-Bit re-release was a new translation of the Japanese ROM. Plus the palette in the JP version was improved, so the player is now white like a mech, instead of red like a... walking meatball.

I totally did not know that. I thought they used the NTSC-U ROM.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 12:59 AM, dvertov said:

Cool, I didn't know that! Best part is we get a new cinematic intro 🙂

This of course further begs the question of whether this is just a "reproduction" or "re-release" or a brand new game...?

Screenshot from 2020-11-29 02-53-32.png

Panzer Dragoon finally was delivered today and I didn't even realize it as it was just in this bland white box and rudely thrown on the ground and it was raining out side.  I was surprised to find a trading card in there, just tossed in the bottom under the paper and almost got thrown into my packing supplies area until I saw it poking out.

15 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

heave ho! and pinkuniku went up for order at SRG and LRG yesterday 

I got Heave Ho!.  I don't really let my kids watch "Let's Play" videos, but there is a channel that follow and occasionally the people on it will do let's plays and my kids love that game.

Since I near-refuse to by straight-DLC games, I was happy to snag that one considering the price.

1 minute ago, mrbogus said:

That's another one that piqued my curiousity from Limited Run. Those guys love reprinting Sega CD games and now they've got a printing license from Konami...

Those guys need to get with an engineer from Sega to learn how to improvise the Sega Saturn disc swirl. Then they can rule the world.

3 hours ago, Sumez said:

Pocky & Rocky has been confirmed for physical release since it was announced, so I'd prefer it if it weren't a limited one.

The SNES games? That is what I was alluding to since LRG is now in the hobby of reprinting retro Natsume titles. I presumed a physical version of the new P&R game will come from one of the boutique game shops.

Edited by mrbogus

It would be sweet if they did some kind of P&R1+2 combo cart, yeah...right. 😄 (I'd buy it)

Something tells me they won't have out Blaster Master 0 (1+2) out in Q4 at this rate despite being ordered back in May.  Or grandia...or doom 64 either.  Sad.

Edited by Tanooki

I thought it was, as was the spinoff remake whatever it was with Becky added on GBA too.  I'd own some of that again, but the prices are disgusting so I just don't bother or will use a kit if I feel the need.  Just fire up the rom you can find that stuff on the archive easy enough and bsnes still is fantastic to use even if byuu quit for whatever reason.

29 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Anyone else order Freedom Finger this morning?  I couldn't help myself.  The box art (especially the spine) is one big troll, but the game looks pretty fun.  

I'm in the same camp, if only it were for Switch.  I've been meaning to pop in here and ask if anyone knew what that game was about.  The whole thing looks like a joke-gone-right like Goat Simulator from a few years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RH said:

I'm in the same camp, if only it were for Switch.  I've been meaning to pop in here and ask if anyone knew what that game was about.  The whole thing looks like a joke-gone-right like Goat Simulator from a few years ago.

I've only watched a little bit of gameplay on YouTube, but I saw enough that I knew I wanted it.  I don't mind it being on PS4, except that it was limited to only 2,000 copies.  If they take it to Switch, that should mean pre-order which makes it easier for everyone to get it.