IGNORED

Limited Run Games

44 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

Did anyone get the Jak series Collector's Edition bundle? I was refreshing that one and suddenly the page changed to a different game, didn't even go to out of stock. Never seen something like that before.

Apparently they have this thing where certain products will change to another game (Lawbreakers) when they sell out quick. Apparently this is to screw with the people using bots to snap up the games. Apparently the Jak CE is heavily targeted by resellers using bots. 

35 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Apparently they have this thing where certain products will change to another game (Lawbreakers) when they sell out quick. Apparently this is to screw with the people using bots to snap up the games. Apparently the Jak CE is heavily targeted by resellers using bots. 

YES, that was the game. Couldn't remember the name but just looked it up, and that was definitely it. What a bunch of trolls, lol...

12 hours ago, Red said:

I've tried Dark Wizard, but couldn't really get into it.  Maybe someday I'll give it another go.  I've only played the PS1 version of Master of Monsters and consider it one of my least favorite in the genre.  I've heard from others that the Genesis version is better too.  It's not at the top of my list, but it's something I'd pick up if I see it cheap enough.  I've played both Nectaris and Military Madness and would agree that they're both great games.

Dark Wizard is a bit hard to get into since you really have to play the game once to get an understanding  of it.  There is no good documentation for it (other than a few faqs - but the game is complex enough in some ways that it is hard to lay things out in a comprehensive manner).  Tons of secrets and different ways to play with the 4 different rulers.  Once you get the hang of it in a lot of ways it is like Shining Force 2 except on steroids.

If you give it another shot I can give you some pointers (as opposed to spoilers - although I can certainly do that) that make the game more understandable and the gameplay a lot smoother.  It is by far the game on any console I have played the most often.

The Genesis Master of Monsters is a totally different game than the PS1 turd.  It really amazed me how they destroyed such a great game.

Another game work a looksee if you haven't played it is Rebelstar Tactical Command (GBA) - fun on first playthrough only since the gameplay really can't vary on subsequent plays.

On 1/3/2021 at 9:37 AM, Tabonga said:

Dark Wizard is a bit hard to get into since you really have to play the game once to get an understanding  of it.  There is no good documentation for it (other than a few faqs - but the game is complex enough in some ways that it is hard to lay things out in a comprehensive manner).  Tons of secrets and different ways to play with the 4 different rulers.  Once you get the hang of it in a lot of ways it is like Shining Force 2 except on steroids.

If you give it another shot I can give you some pointers (as opposed to spoilers - although I can certainly do that) that make the game more understandable and the gameplay a lot smoother.  It is by far the game on any console I have played the most often.

The Genesis Master of Monsters is a totally different game than the PS1 turd.  It really amazed me how they destroyed such a great game.

Another game work a looksee if you haven't played it is Rebelstar Tactical Command (GBA) - fun on first playthrough only since the gameplay really can't vary on subsequent plays.

I think it was a combination of the long load times and that I likely wasn't in the mood to play a strategy RPG when I got it that turned me away.  I'll be sure to turn off the battle animations next time I give it a go.

Rebelstar Tactical Command is game I've been mildly interested in since it came out, but there's always been others of these kinds of games that seemed more appealing.  I think I'm just not crazy about the futuristic/space setting.

6 hours ago, Red said:

I think it was a combination of the long load times and that I likely wasn't in the mood to play a strategy RPG when I got it that turned me away.  I'll be sure to turn off the battle animations next time I give it a go.

Rebelstar Tactical Command is game I've been mildly interested in since it came out, but there's always been others of these kinds of games that seemed more appealing.  I think I'm just not crazy about the futuristic/space setting.

The animations in DW are horrible time wasters - I always shut off such things in strategy games (if possible) in strategy games.  You can also speed up movement and messages in the game which also helps.

The futuristic aspect about Rebelstar really doesn't affect anything - other than the enemies aren't human - since the weapons are more or less traditional - rpgs, submachine guns, grenades, rifles etc.  It is not a great game but is worth one playthrough IMHO - one aspect of the game I found interesting was that if one of your characters died (you get them back in the next scenario) you had to go retrieve weapons and ammo or those would be lost (you had a limited supply of both) - which in turn slowed the retrieving character down because of the weight for the rest of the battle.

5 hours ago, Tabonga said:

The animations in DW are horrible time wasters - I always shut off such things in strategy games (if possible) in strategy games.  You can also speed up movement and messages in the game which also helps.

The futuristic aspect about Rebelstar really doesn't affect anything - other than the enemies aren't human - since the weapons are more or less traditional - rpgs, submachine guns, grenades, rifles etc.  It is not a great game but is worth one playthrough IMHO - one aspect of the game I found interesting was that if one of your characters died (you get them back in the next scenario) you had to go retrieve weapons and ammo or those would be lost (you had a limited supply of both) - which in turn slowed the retrieving character down because of the weight for the rest of the battle.

While I like when games have these kind of animations, I do find them less appealing as I get further into the game since they slow things down and usually don't change much.  I tend to keep animations on when I start a game, but turn them off before the end.  For Dark Wizard though, I'll probably shut them off right away.

Edited by Red

26 minutes ago, Red said:

For Dark Wizard though, I'll probably shut them off right away.

The battlefield graphics for Dark Wizard are nothing special* (the story animations are well done though IMHO) but I don't play these games for the visual appeal (or any story line for that matter) but the gameplay.

*Brigandine (PS1) has excellent battlefield graphics.

Edited by Tabonga

4 minutes ago, cartman said:

I see. Yeah i've heard good things about Scott Pilgrim i might finally pick that one up aswell altough probably without all the extra stuff.

I have it digitally on PS3. It's a pretty good brawler, funny of course if you like the source material, and the soundtrack is amazing. 

Just now, MiamiSlice said:

I have it digitally on PS3. It's a pretty good brawler, funny of course if you like the source material, and the soundtrack is amazing. 

I don't really know anything about the source material tbh but i reckon the smalltalk or whatever plot would would be enough to frame what the action is about.