IGNORED

Limited Run Games

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Manga in general would like a chat. 

Yeah I mean if LRG published a Naruto game then sure, it could be a contender. What's funny is they published a Power Rangers game and people were like "meh." But Scott Pilgrim really is that game, it has that cult following. 

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

Yeah I mean if LRG published a Naruto game then sure, it could be a contender. What's funny is they published a Power Rangers game and people were like "meh." But Scott Pilgrim really is that game, it has that cult following. 

Honestly I feel that at least part of it is the setting - Toronto. I don't even like Scott Pilgrim, but I'm still like "it's cool that it's here in Toronto" when it comes up. I can go through them and it's like yeah - that's Toronto, I know that store/street/landmark. 

I live up the road from Casa Loma, which is where the skateboard guy and Scott meet/fight in the movie. 

28 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

When they start publishing the Konami stuff like the castlevania collection that may rival SP but nothing else for now

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'm undecided as well.  I did everything in it on 360.  I'm not dying to do it again.

That's coming from someone who read the whole thing and owns the movie.

I like the movie too. I think it's because I just got Master Blaster Zero and it's a boring pos.

Is the game difficult at all or is there any complexity to the fighting?

Edited by Californication

11 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

It sure makes sense since SP is like the poster child of why we need to hoard physical games. Does any other delisted game come close in terms of popularity? Maybe P.T.?

OutRun Online Arcade for sure. That was a major one.

Edited by Sumez

On 1/15/2021 at 7:25 PM, MiamiSlice said:

No doubt, was going to quote your last one about print media going to game.  It's funny you note this one.  I miss my Naruto manga collection, but all those books got heavy.  A week ago or two now I got both the GBA ninja council games in a lot and wow they're shockingly good fun.  I never bothered with them in the day, any, kind of almost wish I had but then I'd have paid full price. 😄

I'm not a Scott Pilgrim fan as I only cracked into the first volume of the book and it just didn't grab me, so I ignored the movie.  I think it's somewhere streaming at the moment, maybe I should just let it roll and see.  If I fall for it, I could register for a copy of the game as I like dopey brawlers, and it seems more like a classic one, than the fake classic that's Streets of Rage 4 which is more just bloated and rage inducing in its way it plays (which I got off LRG too.)  I'm not a LRG super fan or fan, but I've been slowly accruing a library of their titles because digital SUCKS and they seem to scoop the best.  I've got 5 from them (BM Zero 1 and 2, Grandia HD, Panzer Dragoon, and SoR4) with a 6th Doom64 and 7th Shantae GBC on the way whenever they feel like it.  A quarter of the Switch games I have they did which seems crazy to me.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:07 PM, DefaultGen said:

It sure makes sense since SP is like the poster child of why we need to hoard physical games. Does any other delisted game come close in terms of popularity? Maybe P.T.?

Buying Scott Pilgrim probably feels like buying a Beanie Baby that was already retired 10 years ago, not one that you're worried about getting retired in the future.

I bet Contra Hard Corps Uprising would sell well.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'm not a LRG super fan or fan, but...BM Zero 1 and 2, Grandia HD, Panzer Dragoon, and SoR4) with a 6th Doom64 and 7th Shantae GBC on the way whenever they feel like it.  A quarter of the Switch games I have they did which seems crazy to me.

Sounds to me like someone is a fan in denial 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, avatar! said:

Sounds to me like someone is a fan in denial 🙂

Hardly. The only reason I bother is the alternatives are all awful. A rental. Or paying a troll like 2-4x the price. My attitude softened on them when they went to doing retail releases and wide order windows with open preorders. 

Well I just watched that scott pilgrim movie.  There were parts I could barely watch, the fights were mostly entertaining, a few were just dumb like the twins, and part of the vegan one but mocking vegans in the way he got wiped out made up for that.  An ok movie because of some pretty nice moments, and yeah I get it was a total video game cheese flick there stage by stage.  Not a great movie, watchable, not sure when I would again, but it does make me think it would be far more tolerable and entertaining as an actual brawler than to read or sit through it again.

14 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well I just watched that scott pilgrim movie.  There were parts I could barely watch, the fights were mostly entertaining, a few were just dumb like the twins, and part of the vegan one but mocking vegans in the way he got wiped out made up for that.  An ok movie because of some pretty nice moments, and yeah I get it was a total video game cheese flick there stage by stage.  Not a great movie, watchable, not sure when I would again, but it does make me think it would be far more tolerable and entertaining as an actual brawler than to read or sit through it again.

I watched the movie years ago, and hardly remember much, which I think says what I thought of the movie overall. I do recall thinking it wasn't bad, but certainly far from "great". Never read the graphic novels, which I assume have a cult following hence the high sales of the games.

On 1/18/2021 at 3:00 PM, avatar! said:

I watched the movie years ago, and hardly remember much, which I think says what I thought of the movie overall. I do recall thinking it wasn't bad, but certainly far from "great". Never read the graphic novels, which I assume have a cult following hence the high sales of the games.

Probably.  Maybe I could have browsed another book or two, the first one just wasn't good.  Either way the game shouldn't be slammed over the mediocrity of the movie.  I'm tempted to get it just because of what it looks like it plays like.  I've got what, 3 weeks left to decide?

If you're that critical of the comics and the movie, the game probably won't do much for you either. Pretty much all of its appeal comes from the style, the visuals, the music, and all the gimmicks and setpieces. In terms of gameplay it's, pretty much like I said on the previous page, a pure hack'n'slash brawler. It's essentially rethreading River City Ransom.

Fight 'n Rage which is also currently on preorder on LRG is definitely the beat'em up that has had most genuine fans of the genre react positively to how its play. I've even heard people claim it's one of the all time best games of the genre. Not sure if that's true, but it has me interested in delving further into it myself.

Edited by Sumez

Funny I have Fight n Rage on GoG, somehow I forgot i had it too as it was either a super deal cut grab with something else or gifted, but I've not tried it.  I've read nothing but great things about it though if you like RCR style stuff where you can develop your brawler as you go along.  I probably will skip Scott Pilgrim, not going to be a problem if I didn't anyway.  I know at the slow rate I'm going those games I do have sealed up on the shelf will take all year to blow through.