IGNORED

Limited Run Games

7 hours ago, avatar! said:

LRG should change their name to Empty Wallet Games

Haha agreed. I was enjoying giving my wallet a rest from LRG because recently there wasn’t much I liked. Then they announce this, dark crystal (which looks average but I have to get because I’m a fan) and hyper light drifter.

Thankfully SRG has been average lately for me, so I’ve skipped a lot of those ones.

3 hours ago, Shmup said:

Then they announce this, dark crystal (which looks average but I have to get because I’m a fan) and hyper light drifter.

Heh - I am just the opposite for Dark Crystal - I don't care about the series (I thought the original movie was interesting but by no means a great movie) but I really like SRPGs and this one looks like it will satisfy my itch for a decent one. Plus the collector's edition has a cloth map - which I am always a sucker for.

Edited by Tabonga

10 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Heh - I am just the opposite for Dark Crystal - I don't care about the series (I thought the original movie was interesting but by no means a great movie) but I really like SRPGs and this one looks like it will satisfy my itch for a decent one. Plus the collector's edition has a cloth map - which I am always a sucker for.

I do love that it has a FF Tactics vibe, but I’ve had a few friends play the digital version and comment it feels more like a mobile game. I’m hoping they were overly critical and it satisfies my SRPG itch too 🙂

8 minutes ago, Shmup said:

I do love that it has a FF Tactics vibe, but I’ve had a few friends play the digital version and comment it feels more like a mobile game. I’m hoping they were overly critical and it satisfies my SRPG itch too 🙂

I initially liked the revamp of Brigandine but once I got into it I was greatly disappointed with what had been done to it - took out much of what I considered great about the original.

I bought Fell Seal, Banner of the Maid and Super Dungeon Tactics from the e-shop on sale recently but haven't had a chance to start any of them.

Did you ever play Dark Wizard (Sega CD) - if not that will really satisfy your SRPG itch - while not totally perfect it is the closest (for me anyway) thing to perfection in an SRPG.

Edited by Tabonga

I have passed on most of the Play Asia exclusive shooters but I am going to buy Project Starship X which releases tomorrow. There are things about it that are meh, but there seems to be enough there to want to play. (1,000 print release tomorrow.)

Edited by Californication

5 hours ago, The Strangest said:

That’s a game I’ve had my eye on for a bit but just haven’t pulled the trigger. This may be my time.

Any chance they’ll do Tanuki Justice I wonder?

That's getting a physical release already.  The North American variant will be available for preorder soon here:

https://www.vgnysoft.com/product-page/tanuki-justice-nintendo-switch

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Looks like a strange mix of some adventure, exploration and like metal storm?

I don't want to see why why no PS4 complaining considering the amount of recent stuff that made no sense at all not going to Switch but onto the PS4 such as those SNK related titles. 🙂

I changed my mind. Game looks too easy. Doesn't belong on the PS4. 😛

8 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Did you ever play Dark Wizard (Sega CD) - if not that will really satisfy your SRPG itch - while not totally perfect it is the closest (for me anyway) thing to perfection in an SRPG.

I haven’t but thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don’t have a Sega CD.

A bit disappointing to hear about Brigandine, I was looking forward to playing that.

You may have already played them, but check out Wargroove and Mario & Rabbids if you haven’t. Those are really fun SRPG’s.

3 minutes ago, Shmup said:

I haven’t but thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don’t have a Sega CD.

A bit disappointing to hear about Brigandine, I was looking forward to playing that.

You may have already played them, but check out Wargroove and Mario & Rabbids if you haven’t. Those are really fun SRPG’s.

I have played Wargroove (which I liked a lot) - I also have Mario/Rabbids but haven't gotten to  it yet.   

Yeah - they just mangled Brigandine beyond recognition.

I think Dark Wizard can be emulated - don't know anything about that since I have the original.

Another one you might look at (not an SRPG - just strategy) is Nectaris for the PS1 - heckuva lotta fun and pretty cheap considering you get 108 scenarios with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I initially liked the revamp of Brigandine but once I got into it I was greatly disappointed with what had been done to it - took out much of what I considered great about the original.

I bought Fell Seal, Banner of the Maid and Super Dungeon Tactics from the e-shop on sale recently but haven't had a chance to start any of them.

You are welcome 🙂

yqK0ko6.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shmup said:

Another great one from SLG just about to be available for pre order. Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World and also includes monster world 4 on the cart.

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/wonder-boy-asha-in-monster-world/products/wonder-boy-asha-in-monsterworld-nsw-preorder

Wow, I didn't even know there was a third entry being worked on. It doesn't look like it has the same feel as the previous 2, does anyone know why each entry has been developed by a different company?

I think this one is just a remake of Monster World 4.

It's pretty crazy to make a remake of that game and change the one thing it already did perfectly (the graphics/animations). I wouldn't be surprised if it's a fairly faithful remake aside from that, rather than addressing the game's actual shortcomings. If that's the case, it's gonna be a bit of a lacking experience.

6 minutes ago, Sumez said:

I think this one is just a remake of Monster World 4.

It's pretty crazy to make a remake of that game and change the one thing it already did perfectly (the graphics/animations). I wouldn't be surprised if it's a fairly faithful remake aside from that, rather than addressing the game's actual shortcomings. If that's the case, it's gonna be a bit of a lacking experience.

It also comes with the original game! So it's the original + remake for modern systems not to mention that this was never released outside Japan🙂

Edited by avatar!

That's not true 🙂, M2 released an official translation to multiple platforms almost 10 years ago now. It's very solid.
I'm guessing that's probably the version they included on this release, too.

If they didn't make any major addition to the new version, I sincerely recommend playing the original to people who do get this release. It's a beautiful game. It's incredibly lacking in terms of world "exploration" (which is arguably central to the MW series), and a disappointingly short game, too. But what is there, is great.

Edited by Sumez

2 minutes ago, Sumez said:

That's not true 🙂, M2 released an official translation to multiple platforms almost 10 years ago now. It's very solid.

If they didn't make any major addition to the new version, I sincerely recommend playing the original to people who do get this release. It's a beautiful game. It's incredibly lacking in terms of world "exploration" (which is arguably central to the MW series), and a disappointingly short game, too. But what is there, is great.

Really? I didn't know that. Still, it's cool to be able to play the original Genesis version (I never did) and the remake 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

Thanks for the info. I’m just looking forward to being able to play it because I don’t have a MD

There seems to be a lot of negativity about the graphics of the remaster but I personally think they look amazing (as does the original).

1 hour ago, Shmup said:

Thanks for the info. I’m just looking forward to being able to play it because I don’t have a MD

There seems to be a lot of negativity about the graphics of the remaster but I personally think they look amazing (as does the original).

I agree. I'm hopeful this will be as nice, or nearly so, as the Wonder Boy III remake which was lovely...

Screenshot from 2020-12-18 07-17-05.png

I guess I win a prize, LRG actually partly kept their promises of getting stuff out by the end of 2020.  Oddly USPS delivered today, and Blaster Master 0 1 and 2 both arrived in a nice little white box with those little trading cards thrown in there.  I had the first on my system, never bought the second as I knew it would likely go physical.  Been a long wait and I'm off the next two weeks so I can make time. 😄

medium_Ep4IV7QW8AMECfz.jpg

This one has been insanely well regarded among beat'em up lovers, so definitely gonna try it out.
Timely enough for me to be able to order Panzer Paladin and Fight 'n Rage in a single order and save on the customs fees.

Hopefully we'll hear news about Bug Fables soon as well.

Edited by Sumez