IGNORED

Werewolf 8 game: Pokémon Makohto Signup thread - signups now closed. Move to the werewolf club

Makar

UPDATE: SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED. THE 17 PLAYERS PLEASE MOVE TO THE WEREWOLF CLUB THREAD. 

Alright ladies and gents!!! Get your poker face on! The next round of werewolf is upon us. I will be hosting this round. Signups are now open for the 8th round of werewolf. It will be Pokémon themed. 

if you wish to sign up please say so in this thread. The game’s start date is tbd. There is no cap on how many can play at this time. I’ll reevaluate as needed. 

if you are new to werewolf and have never played before, we welcome you!! Here is the club thread. Be sure to join there if you want to play as that is where the real game will be played. 

To the veterans of this game - this will be a different round of werewolf. There will be new elements that have not been seen before. I promise they will be fun. I will also be shortening day phases to 48hrs and night phases to 24hrs. 

Tagging these players who have recently played. Please tag others I have missed.

@Reed Rothchild

@Gloves

@OptOut

@ZeldaFreak

@ZeldaFan042

@BattySalem

@0xDEAFC0DE

@KokiriChild

@MagusSmurf

@G-type

@Generic

@Hammerfestus

@FireHazard51

@ChickenTendas

@Bettington Bear

@RH

@fox

@behemos

@SailorScoutMandy
@Rhapsody98
@Aristophanes
@Jeevan
@SpoonMan Abrams X
@ExplosiveEmu
@Murray
@fcgamer
@JamesRobot
@Wasg13
@drxandy

Edited by Makar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The players - list finalized 

1. Gloves
2. Hammerfestus
3. Jeevan 
4. Optout
5. Rhapsody98
6. Generic
7. MagusSmurf
8. FireHazard51
9. 0xDEAFC0DE 
10. WalterWhiteJr.
11. Fcgamer
12. Kokirichild 
13. G-type
14. Bettington Bear
15. Behemos
16. ZeldaFan042
17. Shmup

Backups
1. Fox
2. SailorScoutMandy

Edited by Makar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RULES:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. Read these rules and this Wikipedia if you’ve never played before https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

2. Play to win and have fun! I don't know why these are always mutually exclusive in rule setups. Just enjoy and don't be a jerk! Some people play harder than others. Just know this is 99/100 times a tactic to press you and try to get you to crack instead of them being an asshole. Do not bully each other. There’s a fine line I understand that. If you feel bullied please message me or a mod. Good luck! 

3. You may not quote private information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. This includes information discussed in any private chats, neighborhoods, PMs, etc. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable. Don’t take screenshots of your role, don’t cheat and PM other players (unless you role allows it). If you are unsure, ask first.

4. There is to be no personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. I know lots of you are friends and family in real life. If you talk about the game please keep it very basic and DO NOT give anything away. 

5. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline (before the night phase ends). If I do not receive your choice via PM or via Post in your Thread by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. A simple “No Action” PM or post makes it so I'm not worried you forgot to send me something.

6. As a general rule you should aim to make a post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving. I know some of you like to lurk, but don't make a habit of it please. I will prod players after 48 hours of inactivity. If you do not respond to a prod after 24 hours, I will start searching for a replacement. If you are prodded 3 times within the game, I will prod you after each 24 hours of inactivity, with no grace periods, and replace as necessary.

7. No invisible, impossibly small, or encrypted text.

8. Don't edit or delete any posts in any thread. This is viewed as cheating.

9. day phases will be 48hrs unless the hammer vote drops early. Night phases will be 24hrs unless everyone agrees to end night early. 

10. Do not stalk other player’s profiles to see when they are online or offline. This can give hints as to whether they have night actions or not which may be used to infer what team they’re on. 

11. Place votes in a format like this. Doesn’t matter if it’s underlined or bolder or if a player is tagged. Stuff such as I’m gonna vote Makar will not count as an official vote. The below is an official vote. 
Vote: Makar

Edited by Makar
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Looking forward to seeing another new GM take a swing at hosting! I'll be skipping this one since I'm super burnt out with Werewolf, and I need more time to get my setup done, but I'll definitely be spectating this one and seeing how everything plays out for sure 🙂

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Rhapsody98 said:

I only ever played Pokémon Go, and sometimes listened to the Alona series because my son was watching.  But the basic rules of the game won’t change because of the theme, right?

Yeah, sometimes it helps to know the source material when vetting people's character claims but that's about it. The core rules of the game are the same.

50 minutes ago, Rhapsody98 said:

I only ever played Pokémon Go, and sometimes listened to the Alona series because my son was watching.  But the basic rules of the game won’t change because of the theme, right?

Correct. The core will stay the same and you do NOT need to know Pokémon to play this game. There will be some elements where Pokémon knowledge helps you out but I will design it in a way where no one will have a significant advantage just because they know more about Pokémon than someone else. It’ll all make sense once it starts. I will be tweaking some traditional things but that’s what I would do regardless of the theme.