IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

21 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

He posted this picture of a sealed 6 pack. It almost seems like he had a second one that he had already split up. 

stadiumeventsbiox.jpg

you really should have 24 pics -- 6 of each side to confirm something like that 😉 looks like a empty SE box to me

remember when pics or it didnt happen was a cool phrase? where did that go

Edited by SealedWholesale
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SealedWholesale said:

your name was the only thing that had me even looking at those emails. Sitting on a board and advising a company are totally different but i can see the difference now that you pointed it out

The Carolina collection is a big deal. All those game I sold you are most likely from RB so i'm curious if you 'advised' them that most of any collection has gone thru rb or if you were asked to research your own games where they came from

Now that I know who you are and who "RB" is...

According to my spreadsheet, I got 25 games from Rarebucky and 4 from you, so that's less than 10% of my graded collection. Many of them I sent directly to VGA and were part of the large sealed game finds around 2007/2008. I also just got a bunch on eBay from random sellers, either sealed or already graded.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

People are glossing over a HUGE thing that @SealedWholesale and @Dain are bringing to light. 

Dain has proof he posted that he signed papers to no longer be a part of Wata in October 2017.

SealedWholesale has an email from March of 2018 where WATA name drops Dain as being a part of the organization. 

Dain says he was not a part, he merely provided some advice on the side. Which is fine.

So even though Dain said "I'm not interested" and signed papers in October 2017, WATA was using his name in emails as a part of the company until at the very LEAST March 2018. That is INSANE. 

WATA should not have been using his name in these emails. It is SHADY as fuck, and, like the point of Karl's segment on Dain/Jeff/etc in the video, if WATA is doing one shady thing, they are likely to be doing others. It's a really bad look in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 14

3 minutes ago, Dain said:

Now that I know who you are and who "RB" is...

According to my spreadsheet, I got 25 games from Rarebucky and 4 from you, so that's less than 10% of my graded collection. Many of them I sent directly to VGA and were part of the large sealed game finds around 2007/2008. I also just got a bunch on eBay from random sellers, either sealed or already graded.

Just one question dude, the only one I have for you, honestly... If you answer this, I'll be happy forever, I swear!

So... Here goes:

The CAROLINA COLLECTION.

Cringe or not cringe? 😬

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, CodysGameRoom said:

People are glossing over a HUGE thing that @SealedWholesale and @Dain are bringing to light. 

Dain has proof he posted that he signed papers to no longer be a part of Wata in October 2017.

SealedWholesale has an email from March of 2018 where WATA name drops Dain as being a part of the organization. 

Dain says he was not a part, he merely provided some advice on the side. Which is fine.

So even though Dain said "I'm not interested" and signed papers in October 2017, WATA was using his name in emails as a part of the company until at the very LEAST March 2018. That is INSANE. 

WATA should not have been using his name in these emails. It is SHADY as fuck, and, like the point of Karl's segment on Dain/Jeff/etc in the video, if WATA is doing one shady thing, they are likely to be doing others. It's a really bad look in my opinion. 

Totally agree, actually I've agreed with you on so many of your posts in this thread, it's scary 😄

• Haha 2

On 8/26/2021 at 7:57 AM, Alder said:

Good on Jeff for that but, I still don't understand why he bought NA just to run it into the ground? I'm admittedly out of the loop on this, but what kind of data was he after that wasn't public?

I have a theory on this! They bought NintendoAge to specifically shut it down. NA was the best source for the kind of stuff that WATA claims expertise on. A forum with 20 or so years of research on sealed Nintendo games is a threat to someone pretending to be an expert. I can't prove it, but I believe it's because they didn't want someone dragging out a 10 year old post disproving them when they made a claim about something being a "FIRST PRINT!"

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SealedWholesale said:

ookaayyyyy but those "random sellers" prob got them from RB

'provenance' would be a huge undertaking but if you're going to stop on the earliest collector it would be RB and the way you guys did it didnt  ask me where they came from

You've completely lost me now, I have no idea what you're trying to say 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

i got the impression Dain was calling the shots because he had the most experience by miles

but if you read very very very slowly they are all good. so it's all good!(?)

10 minutes ago, Dain said:

According to my spreadsheet, ...

Biggest revelation from this whole discussion... I'm not the only one that has a detailed spreadsheet.  Who else has a spreadsheet (aka workbook @Californication)...?!?!? Come on CPA, you have to have one!

Damn. Thought I was special (or as my wife would say, dorky).

Edited by kell

2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Just one question dude, the only one I have for you, honestly... If you answer this, I'll be happy forever, I swear!

So... Here goes:

The CAROLINA COLLECTION.

Cringe or not cringe? 😬

If you're meaning the name, Cringe. It should've been the NintendoAge collection.

• Like 6
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 3
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, karljobst said:

Hi, I created an account here so I can answer questions.

On the topic of Dain, I felt I was quite clear in the video that Dain was previously associated with the company but is not currently. That's why I said "the cherry on top, is that WHEN WATA Games was incorporated in 2017, Dain Anderson WAS the executive officer.". When I was talking about Jeff, I was using current tense (Meyer IS a director). I then further confirm that Dain was no longer with the business by saying "So this entire deal (when the deal took place) happened between 2 men that WERE or are directly involved with the company". I'm very careful with my words, and my words specifically mention that Dain was not a part of the company at the time of the deal taking place. I apologise for not stressing it more, and admittedly, I keep forgetting that it is very easy for people to misunderstand things.

I've since spoken with Dain and nothing he did was wrong, I just felt it was important to mention for transparency. I will be doing an update and I will be making this more clear. I do believe Dain only had good intentions with everything.

Jeff's statement suggests that I called him an employee. This is not correct (again, I'm very careful with my words). The reason I kept bringing up Kahn's quote was to stress the conflict of interest that arises when people associated with the company grade their own games and sell them. Being a Director is WORSE than an employee because you have more influence over the company, and there is more potential for fraud. A director grading their own games in a privileged way and flipping them without telling anyone they are a director is definitely grounds for fraud. At the very least, it should be investigated.

There were a lot of assumptions about my motives or what I do and don't know (a lot of them wrong) but I would love to answer any questions you have.

Hi Karl, good on you for showing up and taking questions. I posted a rather long 'review' of the video forever ago (yesterday afternoon) where I mentioned a few small inaccuracies, it'd be great if you could look at that and see what you think, back on page 83:

overall, as I wrote, I think you did a really solid job of putting together a lot of info and it's clearly been useful to a lot of folks who didn't know about it already, so thanks for that.

My only other note would be, as someone else said last night, to be careful about hitching yourself to Seth's wagon. I always vaguely thought of him as a reputable journalist till he showed up in this neck of the woods, but the way he's acted with his stuff on games seems a little, uh, off the hook to me.

My interests, since you're not gonna find them in this threadpocalypse: I only showed up in games at the start of this year. I don't know and have never spoken to any of the people mentioned in your video (except Greg from getthegreggames who is Maertens29 here, he's cool, you should have told people to subscribe to him 😛). I don't own any graded games, I've never had a game graded, I've never sold a graded or sealed game, I own maybe five sealed games that would be worth any notable money, none of them over $2500 at most. If they all were worth a penny tomorrow it would not affect me significantly at all (they're less than 1% of my total assets).

1 minute ago, Vectrex28 said:

All this talk about the Carolina Collection, and yet...

When will my collection back home be recognised as the "Swiss Stash"? Can't really go for the title of "Tokyo Tape Treasure Trove" yet, grumble grumble...

That would be @fcgamer with the "Taiwan Tower of 'Tender Tapes"

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

There is a lot of information people like Pat assume (for example, that there are “hundreds of sealed first print Mario 3s because there are a bunch of CIB) that is inaccurate.

Disagree. Mario 3 was mass-produced, huge selling game, and back in the day even grocery stores and drug stores had video games.

The Micro Genius game, Creatom, for Famicom - how many sealed copies do you think are known to exist? Or Super A'Can games, how many sealed copies?

These items had much, much smaller quantities manufactured, and were much less popular to stock - yet I know XYZ amount to exist sealed. If XYZ quantity of these have been found sealed, something like a f'cking first print Mario 3 is going to be easily many more copies out there, sealed. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, SealedWholesale said:

i got the impression Dain was calling the shots because he had the most experience by miles

Not at all. In fact, one of the people involved at that time (Doreen) seemed to be calling all the shots, and I found that to be very frustrating because I was effectively being ignored. I didn't care for her approach much and that was the impetus for me leaving WATA (I didn't want to deal with her, and I didn't like the direction she was taking the company). I'm sure others there at the time will vouch for this, as she and I had several screaming sessions in our early planning meetings.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 6
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 1

7 minutes ago, DarkKobold said:

I have a theory on this! They bought NintendoAge to specifically shut it down. NA was the best source for the kind of stuff that WATA claims expertise on. A forum with 20 or so years of research on sealed Nintendo games is a threat to someone pretending to be an expert.

True, but we still have good info here!  Like in my thread we were able to prove that Mario totally would have been ready for sale on Oct 18, 1985 along with all the other first run games!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dain said:

Not at all. In fact, one of the people involved at that time (Doreen) seemed to be calling all the shots, and I found that to be very frustrating because I was effectively being ignored. I didn't care for her approach much and that was the impetus for me leaving WATA (I didn't want to deal with her, and I didn't like the direction she was taking the company). I'm sure others there at the time will vouch for this, as she and I had several screaming sessions in our early planning meetings.

i'm not doubting it was awful to try to get progress done when money is the 1st idea on the table but you can see how a website/sale/takedown with you 'retiring' and going to 'advise' a grading company looks like you quitting, selling all conflicting assets, and starting a grading company

how that would look to your business contacts you used to do commerce with  saying you joined and 'sit' during a funding email

Edited by SealedWholesale
  • Like 2