IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

6 minutes ago, B.A. said:

You were completely absent from anything to do with the forum for the better part of a decade. 

Was it really that long?  I only distinctly remember a couple of years of apparent absenteeism on his part -- but I'm sure the shift was more obvious "behind the scenes".

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, B.A. said:

What a joke. You were completely absent from anything to do with the forum for the better part of a decade. You would have had to show up for any "bumping heads" to have occurred. You just sat back and let us get shit on, some things never change.

Nice try, Brian. Some of you guys were ban-happy and you know it. It got to the point where you guys would swarm against me when I disagreed with your approach and I was in a pickle because all of the mods were ready to quit any time I reverted their decision. If you don't think that's the truth, I suppose I could dig out some of the Mod Squad threads here if you'd like; after all, I have the entire site sitting in front of me.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 14
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Who was the guy that was resealing NES games, then bought a nwc cart? Also allegedly went to jail for scamming. We gotta get him here too, a legend.

Nick Morgan.  He was a minor at the time, probably didn't get actual hard time for the fraud.  Don't think he got an NWC either.  We gave him a chance on NA again, and then he got banned for trying to pass off fake Section Z maps as legit, which he flat out denies (he did make repros, and gave them to select people, who then allegedly claimed he scammed them and got him banned).  Pretty sure I'm still friends with him on Facebook.  He's pretty much out of the "scene," although I'm pretty sure he still has a small collection.  Haven't talked to him in ages, I should see if he's still on there and pop him a message 😛

1 minute ago, arch_8ngel said:

Was it really that long?  I only distinctly remember a couple of years of apparent absenteeism on his part.

I know I was never a mod, but having been on NA since it started, I will say I don't recall BA being on the site for a full decade, nevermind being a moderator....

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

1 minute ago, Dain said:

Nice try, Brian. Some of you guys were ban-happy and you know it. It got to the point where you guys would swarm against me when I disagreed with your approach and I was in a pickle because all of the mods were ready to quit any time I reverted their decision. If you don't think that's the truth, I suppose I could dig out some of the Mod Squad threads here if you'd like; after all, I have the entire site sitting in front of me.

BOOM!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Foochie776 said:

Wild to see some old timers, great to see you around @Dain even if it’s not under great circumstances. I’ve since stopped being so bitter about the demise of Nintendoage and I hope you’ve been well. I never got to say it before but i appreciate all your hard work over the years and helping truly kickstart my love for video games 

Thanks, I appreciate that.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Dain said:

Drama Popcorn GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Nick Morgan.  He was a minor at the time, probably didn't get actual hard time for the fraud.  Don't think he got an NWC either.  We gave him a chance on NA again, and then he got banned for trying to pass off fake Section Z maps as legit, which he flat out denies (he did make repros, and gave them to select people, who then allegedly claimed he scammed them and got him banned).  Pretty sure I'm still friends with him on Facebook.  He's pretty much out of the "scene," although I'm pretty sure he still has a small collection.  Haven't talked to him in ages, I should see if he's still on there and pop him a message 😛

I know I was never a mod, but having been on NA since it started, I will say I don't recall BA being on the site for a full decade, nevermind being a moderator....

Definitely got a nwc, it was labeless and he had a fake label affixed to it

• Angry 1

Just now, Dain said:

Because you would show up once a year or so knowing nothing of the work we had done, the conversations we had, and throw your weight around completely undermining us. If you bothered to talk to us and learn the entire situation it wouldn't be an issue. That's why everyone would threaten to quit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 7
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dain said:

I always liked @B.A.

Despite my firey temper.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

While I recognize that the government doesn't generally go off half-cocked when they file charges

As a ex-subcontractor for just over 10 years who worked with CFPB, DoED, FTC and FCC often, trust me, they go off on half-cocked charges often 😉 CFPB was the worst, I think cause they were the newest, but often the others would too. It's always worst right after elections where parties change and new leadership moves in. Last one I remember talking to the guys about was CFPB vs. some Student Loans, https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/USCOURTS-ded-1_17-cv-01323 which was dismissed because they basically suied the wrong people. 

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

2 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Definitely got a nwc, it was labeless and he had a fake label affixed to it

Well, I don't blame him for doing that...I mean, who wants a label free cart on the shelf...aside from @Paul of course 😛

Maybe when/if I message him I'll ask if he's still got it.  I'd imagine if it went into circulation it'd be an obvious thing...high quality labels weren't exactly common back then.  I have no interest in the cart mind you, so it may have just slipped under my radar 😛

• Like 1